It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Rant! No Offence to the Brits or Commonwealth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am subjected to the multitude of insipid talking head nitwits gushing about the birth of a baby! There is nothing special or superhuman about it. It was created the same way and came into the world the same way every other baby comes into the world! The only difference is this one was born to Royal parents.

But Americans go gaa gaa over anything to do with British Royalty! Marriages, births, deaths, pictures, anything! Why? We did not want to be ruled by monarchs. We fought to separate from England. We achieved independance. So why all the attention paid by people to a simple event that happens millions of times all over the world?

Is it just more distraction? There are more important things to think about! Unemployment, NSA spying, politics, economy, etc... But that requires more brain cells than being spoon fed BS by the media!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
I am subjected to the multitude of insipid talking head nitwits gushing about the birth of a baby! There is nothing special or superhuman about it. It was created the same way and came into the world the same way every other baby comes into the world! The only difference is this one was born to Royal parents.

But Americans go gaa gaa over anything to do with British Royalty! Marriages, births, deaths, pictures, anything! Why? We did not want to be ruled by monarchs. We fought to separate from England. We achieved independance. So why all the attention paid by people to a simple event that happens millions of times all over the world?

Is it just more distraction? There are more important things to think about! Unemployment, NSA spying, politics, economy, etc... But that requires more brain cells than being spoon fed BS by the media!
I'm British and agree with you but I'll raise you a British people celebrating July 4th...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Americans are interested by celebrities. Look at the post WW2 era and how Hollywood was promoted with all the glitz and glamor. Today is no different. The British Royal Family are the perfect archetype to be a celebrity. The media can easily portray them in magazines, television, etc. Where the public would eat every bit up and ask for more.

Thankfully they're easy to ignore and focus of the events that need to be looked at compared to something trivial.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Trust me, Americans couldn't care less. I guarantee you that only 1% of the United States population cared, the media would easily have you believing otherwise though.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

That's just because they are glad to be rid of us!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
reply to post by Mister_Bit

That's just because they are glad to be rid of us!
haha possibly

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Trust me, Americans couldn't care less. I guarantee you that only 1% of the United States population cared, the media would easily have you believing otherwise though.

The way America shows it doesn't care less ir to turn The Niagara Falls Blue

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
its the same in america look at bradjolina, kimyea, or any other stupid celebrity couple. The pot shouldn't be calling the kettle black "i'm american by the way". Anyway the real question Americans should be asking the Brits is what is the point of a non functional monarchy? The Buckingham palace should be seized by the population and used as a historical site for future generations which it is but you should have kicked out the royal family. Who pays for their lavish lifestyle? property taxes? maids? armed guards?trips, ect why if its coming out of your taxes is this ok? These people are eating 5 star course dinners every night, They take private jets to locations around the world for trips, They have a castle not figuratively but literally a F****** castle with guards all while the people cant find work and are having a hard time feeding their families

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
oh great another anchor baby!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

In this crazy world with all the problems and violence going on....

I think people need and want relief.

The idea of Royals to them is fun and romantic...and of course the birth of a baby is a joyous occasion.

People want something positive and fun to talk about; take an interest in...for some it is a stress reliever...and I say...why not!

edit on 24-7-2013 by caladonea because: correct punctuation

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The apparent American fascination with the British Royal Family has always baffled me.

I'm British and I consider them a quaint anachronism that have become a symbolic representation of Britain and our shared heritage and bond with our Commonwealth cousins.
If they ever attempted to become anything more than that I'd have no hesitation in helping remove them.
I understand and respect that many Brits see them differently - and that's their choice.

But I really don't get why they evoke so much passion in Americans - it seems they either love or hate them - no in between.
Why have such passionate opinions on something that is totally irrelevant to your life and society? - they have zero impact whatsoever on the USA.

Some say it's due to a lack of history and culture within America.
I'm not so sure that's right, but who knows?
To be honest I lack enough first hand knowledge and experience of Americans to offer a reasoned and considered opinion - I just find it bemusing.

But then again I find the whole celebrity / hero worship thing strange too.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

America is a very weird country. As I mentioned many times before celebrities are highly popular here. To the point people worship them like gods. The media, our culture, the way we talk, etc. It's usually influenced by what we see in television and movies. It's amazing how pop culture easily controls and influences the average person.

Regardless if the celebrity is royalty, a popular entertainer, or just some redneck family with a daughter named "Honey Boo Boo." People just go insane and eat everything they put out like junk food. That's why shows like the Simpsons and South Park can instantly become popular parodies of pop culture and the people who watch them. It's sad.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Screw the Royal baby, i'm more interested in Kim Kardashian's baby.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

"The way the rich person with the power to turn Niagara Falls Blue" not "America."

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I tend to think people are excited about the baby because Kate and Wills seem so normal, just a regular young couple trying to do the right thing in this world, despite their wealth and celebrity. It's refreshing. And, to the extent that they can bring another seemingly decent human into the world, it's a very happy thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It was created the same way and came into the world the same way every other baby comes into the world!

Forced Reptilian breeding.

If it sells it sells. I heard a few women gossiping about it when I was getting my oil changed. I think it has to do with people wanting to live vicariously through others. I give about 0 f____ about sports, but can appreciate that others enjoy the spectacle.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I tried to imagine what a future monarch.....so far into the future that I wont even be alive.....called 'George the seventh' would be like.

It lasted a few seconds and then I remembered that I've got a life. And that journos - of any and all nationalities - are a strange breed who get excited about news items, just because they're news.

I try not to digest any news item unless it affects my life.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Uneducated thick as dog # tools in Aus case but thats what we,re known for we produce nothing else of worth.

As for women anywhere always tools always weak at the knees for such #.I think the fairer sex runs on group think enough mob mentality around and they always fall in line & would kill eat their own babies if they were told it was trendy enough indeed many in occult circles already do.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
but it's the successor to the illuminati thrown

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Prepare the Royal hooooohaaaaa for the Royal outie!

I am that 99.9 % who couldnt give a fcuk either! When I seen headlines about it, then heard people around me talking about it, made me sick.

They dont about real issues, but OMG roality is having a baby lets talk about that all day. I wanted to cut the tops of their tvs' off and take a dump in them. Then toss the dump out the window.

top topics

join