It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by undo

Yes, I understand. I see your point. And you have a good heart. But the only way out is to drop collectivism. Drop collective rights and find a way to empower the individual. There are no civil, or "race" rights. The only rights that exist are the rights of the individual.

agreed. however, to drop collectivism we have to restore our job market and spirit of entrepreneurship
and the people who have been historically impoverished need to have healing so they can raise themselves out of the poverty. they need to know they are loved. that no one wants to see them suffer. that everyone wants to see them succeed. that we are long passed the days of believing race has any bearing on the worth of the individual. that every single one of us, matters.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Society is a non-entity. Individuals are all that exist. There is no "sharing". Implicit in "sharing" is sacrifice. There should only be trading of value for value. Going to bed now. Talk more tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No one has said the country hasn’t changed. It’s just that the fight for total freedom is a constant one, for all people; therefore those in power should always be challenged.

Here is the average wealth disparity in America:

As a result of these declines, the typical black household had just $5,677 in wealth (assets minus debts) in 2009; the typical Hispanic household had $6,325 in wealth; and the typical white household had $113,149.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by Helious

No one has said the country hasn’t changed. It’s just that the fight for total freedom is a constant one, for all people; therefore those in power should always be challenged.

As a result of these declines, the typical black household had just $5,677 in wealth (assets minus debts) in 2009; the typical Hispanic household had $6,325 in wealth; and the typical white household had $113,149.

those figures don't take into account the balancing act of taxing whites to temporarily band aid the minority communities. so the white figures are probably quite a bit lower, and the welfare programs for the minorities, raise their figures higher. unfortunately, it's not quite a bit higher because the gov skims huge chunks off the top first.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by Willtell

Society is a non-entity. Individuals are all that exist. There is no "sharing". Implicit in "sharing" is sacrifice. There should only be trading of value for value. Going to bed now. Talk more tomorrow.

What you describe is anarchy.
Don’t we all share common things like highways, streets, water, air, fire protection, police, medical care etc.

If you want to follow your philosophy you should move to the woods and live alone.

A society is an entity; ask any decent philosopher, thinker, or sociologist. Your ideas are primitive, selfish, and actually fantasy.

No one follows that philosophy save a loner in the wilderness or woods or certain lower primates.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

now time for intermission

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by Helious

those figures don't take into account the balancing act of taxing whites to temporarily band aid the minority communities. so the white figures are probably quite a bit lower, and the welfare programs for the minorities, raise their figures higher. unfortunately, it's not quite a bit higher because the gov skims huge chunks off the top
first.

Not really, if anything the figures are richer for the whites, since black people pay more taxes those whites because they have ore money to avoid paying with loopholes.

Most of my white friends have inherited houses, cars, etc., and a lot of wealth and hardly any of my black friends have inherited anything.
There are of course exceptions. But the reality is that the wealth of whites is often inherited and goes back generations, on the other hand blacks and native Americans rarely have generational wealth, how could they when most of their ancestors were either slaves or on a reservation.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

And to the Whites:

Stop the spree killings, stop the serial killings, stop all the greed on Wall Street, the sex on TV and movies; and the wars, such as in Iraq, Afghanistan; Stop the racism; sexism; Stop building nuclear bombs that could destroy the whole world; Stop droning children; stop polluting the air; stop stealing countries. i.e. Palestine. Stop selling drugs, legal and illegal that are killing millions.

edit on 24-7-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by switching yard

And to the Whites:

how? we are all in this together. do you have any ideas on how we can do that? cause if you're talking about the handful of people who run things, the average american has about as much say in what the guys at the top do as the iraqis did.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Don't quote me average household incomes between African Americans and "White People". It's a played up, misrepresented statistical demonization that only illustrates the disparity of being born into complete poverty and middle class poverty.

I completely understand what your saying but much like the rest of the "caucasian" society, we can't really affect the average number of African American births in poverty stricken communities, can we?

Understanding that simple fact leads me to believe, it's not really a problem that I need to worry about when I talk about racism that directly impacts my everyday life because you realistically can only discern and impact that which you can have a hand in changing.

As long as they hand out federal and state welfare programs that reward people for having children to garnish a vote, you will have racial division and that..... Is exactly the goal in the first place.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

edit on 7/25/2013 by kosmicjack because: *too many personal details*

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
everyone is pretty much convinced that the media is an arm of the globalists. this extends to the music industry as well. globalists do not care about any of us, regardless of skin color. i'm convinced they are akin to hostile extra-terrestrials who are equal opportunity haters of humans in general. they try to get us to team up against each other, a strategy that has worked well for millenia. they pass laws that hurt whole communities and then blame some other group of people, most of which are not even allowed into the conversation much less being able to change it, and finally, they victimize wide swaths of the impoverished so that in their traumatized state, they can be manipulated to wreak havoc, death and destruction, on whoever the globalists want out of the picture.

we can't let this happen in the usa. we have to stop the victimization of our inner city poor. we have to convince them that the american people as a whole, whether white, native american, hispanic, semitic or oriental, love them and want the best for them.

people need to refocus

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

At one point in time, they have. Keywords: Point in time. My family wasn't in America when slavery was all the rage. Those of us who were alive during segregation and all that are aging and will eventually perish. And those African-American's who were wronged against are also aging and will eventually perish.

My point is this: I can't heal something I didn't do, or had no part in doing. Much like Germans today can't be blamed for the horrors of WWII. Healing has to come from within the AA community. They have to realize that the majority of us didn't wrong them. They also have to remember, that people fought to give them the due rights they now have.

I'll gladly stand next to any African-American and help them along the way. But as an individual, there's not much I can atone for when it comes to the wrong doings in past generations.

Of course, some African-American's today are being treated negatively due to their skin color. But that's a two way street. Even some whites are treated negatively due to their skin color. Same for Hispanics, Asians, Middle-Easterners.

It's an unfair world, and only when we stand together and remember past wrongs and look towards the future not as different races, but different people can any healing truly occur.

Be proud to be black, white, yellow and green. We are who we are and should be judged by the things we do. Not by our skin color. So please don't judge me for something someone else did simply because I'm white.

edit on 24-7-2013 by Auricom because: Spelling, tired folks sorry.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

i'm not asking you to heal something you did. i'm asking people to help in healing the breech that has been caused by the disconnect between the plight of the poor in our inner cities and what the media and indoctrination machines of our nation, have been hammering into the minds of the suffering. these people don't need to be further traumatized. they don't need more calls for violence. they don't need more racial division. they need to realize that their poverty has created systemic PTSD in their populations. how do you deal with a person suffering with emotional and mental trauma?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That could be me, I'm suffering from PTSD and have been for quite some time. The easiest is understanding. And to be given a chance. It helps me out more then people know. And was also one of the points I was trying to make in my previous post.

But I'm really too tired to continue, and I don't want to ruin a good thread as I obviously started doing.
So I'll go on off to bed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Don't mean to be pedantic and perhaps I am missing something, but surely. . . . regardless of racial origin,

Either you are African. . . .

OR

. . . . You are American.. . . . .

Last time I looked, there was somewhat of an ocean between the two places.

Once we stop all this pigeon-holing and division, then 'perhaps' we can again move forward?

Just saying.
edit on 25-7-2013 by AuntieChrist because: God made me do it

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo :

Its people like you that keep the world on its last toe. Thank for spreading a positive message. It may sound corny to the fool, but hey only a "real and true" warrior knows that loves heals all. Peace to you my bro. My words to you, do NOT let anyone tell you that you aren't fighting a battle worth fighting.

To the Negative animals that are pretending to be humans:

It is absolutely disturbing to read a positive post, and see so much negativity. If you disagree, that's fine what we do here. But, there is a way to do it. Here's the kicker, I never truly understood the athiest that goes to religious, god, and creation post??? Did you come here so you can have an excuse or a reason to exercise insolent, childish behavior that IS NOT SALUBRIOUS.

That's the word of the day for you hate-mongers.

Definition of SALUBRIOUS : favorable to or promoting health or well-being — sa·lu·bri·ous·ly adverb — sa·lu·bri·ous·ness noun — sa·lu·bri·ty noun

I don't know anyone that will chose to live like this/that!!! Really, people have probably are tired, but don't mistake complacency for comfort, and I'm certain you've never asked anyone because your comments reek of ignorant, ego-driven, well-informed from the media type of stench, that doesn't sit well with the real guys.

If you can't see the obvious connection between slavery, past economic deprivation, to modern behavior and the stagnant state of the American People as a whole North and South.

Here is the true and most real thing that I can offer from my experiences and from my personal research and encounters with racism. Both so called "Whites", and so called "Blacks" both have to recover from the blow to humanity which we know as slavery. Both people have suffered, yes this means you too negative poster. Your denial and your inability to address the issue like a logical adult proves that you have to be in denial, or just ignorant of the matter, which in turn is a result directly or indirectly from that blow to humanity. Honestly, sit back and think about cause and effect. Compare it to a stone, or better yet a giant comet hitting the center of the pacific. Think about the ripple effect. Not just in the water, but imagine the single comet will effect every aspect of life indirectly.

Peace and Love to all. Yall negative dudes need to go listen to some Bob Marley.
One Love

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
akinofthestars

well i don't know that the overall message is positive, since it seems to suggest that we have a real crisis of epic proportions in our cities that we've been brainwashed to believe is solvable by throwing money at it, which clearly is not working out for the following reasons:

1. they don't give people enough to survive, resulting in some resorting to abusing the system in order to survive. this is forced law of the jungle type survival.

2. some that can't successfully abuse the system, resort to selling drugs, which brings in international crime syndicates. resulting in massive PTSD as they shoot each other in the streets over the stuff. whole families destroyed on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day.

3. the ones that get caught are punished, cycling them into the worst place on the planet to put people with emotional and mental trauma -- prison. prisons should only be for petty crime and carry a minimum sentence. currently, all our state run mental institutions have been closed down (due to abuse and corruption) resulting in people with issues that need healing, being instead stuck in prison with other people who have issues that need healing. and a hospital for trauma, prison is not. so they go from one PTSD generating environment to the next, and potentially even worse PTSD generating environment. it's a negative loop.

4. then opportunists that see the scenario as a means to an end or an easy buck, manipulate these embattled people by convincing them that it is the fault of your average white person or average latino or average chinese or average whatever. just fill in the blank. they divert their attention off them and off their own betterment, so that they can't heal or rise above their dilemma, maintaining the negative loop for as long as the people are willing to put up with it. the end result is love for our fellow man and woman goes zing, out the window, last seen heading for open waters at an incredible speed. : /

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
don't misunderstand me, i don't think the inner city people are all mentally ill. but i don't think their problems are the result of healthy mental and emotional well being.

this video describes how our prisons are doubling as mental health facilities. man, is that the wrong place to solve mental health issues.

eh, go to the link. the video won't embed
www.youtube.com...

now YOU tell me, based on the video and other posts, if it's bad to convince inner city blacks that they are loved? some of those people have never been loved their whole lives.
edit on 25-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
moved to prior post
edit on 25-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join