It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

PTSD on steroids! Are you #%*$ ing me! Tell that to my friends who cane back from Afghanistan and Iraq. They have PTSD. Having your parents tell you to screw school and focus on sports and being a baller instead ( which is the equivalent of teaching your kids screw school instead play the lotto everyday cause you know the odds ofbeing successful career wise with sports and winning the lotto are the same) and then getting angry because you didn't get ahead in life is not the same thing as PTSD. To me teaching the youth to disinfranchise themselves is the problem. Not the fact that their great great great great grandparents had it rough.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This thread in it's entirety is just insanity. People "heal" through self growth and if having a black president and attorney general isn't enough to convince people that the country has changed since slavery then it's their own ignorance that is blinding them.

The current trend in this country is of "reverse racism" where it is ok for an African American to say "Cracker" but society wan'ts to drag out and stone a white person for saying "Nigger".

Equality is just that, it's a simple word with a simple meaning but for it to work, everyone speaking it must agree that it means the same thing.

Racism is racism, when everyone can agree to that and agree that reparations don't include the tolerance of "fun" "jovial" and "implied" reverse racism, send me a message.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo, I do believe we love African American people. Sometimes I think what a bore my job, my life, our country would be without them.

I was waiting for a meeting to begin the other day, sitting with about 10 other white people around a conference table. We were all shuffling through papers, and looking at our phones. A black lady came in, cracked a joke, and within a minute we were all talking and laughing with one another. We do love so many things about them. I just wish they loved us back.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm not part of a liberal organization. I'm not black. I do know the history of the world. This is not a guilt trip. It's an alarm bell.. It's a call for compassion. Not because the black people can't take care of themselves but because, if you watched the videos in my op you would kinow, that type of poverty over prolonged time, leads to physical, emotional and mental cruelty (they inflict this on each other because they are suffering with PTSD)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

what he went thru, people in our inner cities go thru their entire lives.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes"Equal Opportunity"aren't taking enough jobs from more intelligent,more experienced whites.We can't make welfare big enough because blacks get more money to breed yet more useless,violent idiots.I used to think the"PC"crowd were idealistic fools.Now I'm leaning more toward satanic influences.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

u mean hoplessness,and grief,,thats ur beaf?
why Lean on,,lean on lean on,,
just no hope u see,
cause the mans after me,, ya just lean,, on,, lean on.
u want too finish the rest,
cause lady i did my best,,
lean on.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

think about it. these folks need to know we all care about them
that what they are going thru is not humane and that they must take steps to get help
for their emotional and mental well being so they don't contribute to the problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
Yes"Equal Opportunity"aren't taking enough jobs from more intelligent,more experienced whites.We can't make welfare big enough because blacks get more money to breed yet more useless,violent idiots.I used to think the"PC"crowd were idealistic fools.Now I'm leaning more toward satanic influences.

this isn't a pc post, it's a post about what's causing the problem at the street level.
i realize we can't fix it. but they can. and to do that, they have to know what it is that's hampering
recovery, and definitely, one of those things is ptsd.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm Polish. I want reparations for the roughly 20,000 Polish officers killed by Stalin and the 200,000 or so civilians killed by Hitler. Also, apologize for all the dumb Polak jokes.

Inanity.

The day we realize there are no such things as civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, etc. will be the day we live in harmony as equals, respected for our individual merit and be allowed to live our lives as means to their own ends.

In Humanity,
Daniel
edit on 24-7-2013 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by undo

I'm Polish. I want reparations for the roughly 20,000 Polish officers killed by Stalin and the 200,000 or so civilians killed by Hitler. Also, apologize for all the dumb Polak jokes.

Inanity.

to make a comparable comparison, you would have to be asking for these reparations while living in a ghetto created by hitler, in which people are killing each other 3 or more a day, in your own neighborhood. 24 hours a day, every day, 365 days a year.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You're not sensitive enough to the plight of my people. I'm also 1/4 American Indian; Cherokee soo....

Oh and raised in Detroit. Did I mention that?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Cherokee,,
if u dont mind,,,Cherokee Nation:Cherokee Nation-Paul Revere and The Raiders

www.youtube.com...

Did u know that Tecumseh
Tribal chief
Tecumseh was a Native American leader of the Shawnee and a large tribal confederacy which opposed the United States during Tecumseh's War and the War of 1812. Tecumseh has become an iconic folk hero in American, Aboriginal and Canadian history. Wikipedia,,,saved an AMERICAN PRESIDENTS LIFE,,before he was president,,?
quite a story.

"large tribal confederacy,,, First Nations,,, stretched from Cape Breton,, to Toronto,, to New York,, yup,,
Tecumseh.
edit on 24-7-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

My people are Indians. And yes, I know the territory. I currently live near Toronto close to a reservation which I visit often.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i'm not liberal. i'm worried about their situation.
this is the difference.

The fact that you are 'worried' about their situation makes you liberal.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by undo

You're not sensitive enough to the plight of my people. I'm also 1/4 American Indian; Cherokee soo....

Oh and raised in Detroit. Did I mention that?

OK, let me explain
this isn't about welfare. this isn't about white guilt. this isn't about racism or reverse racism. this is about the people in our inner cities who are almost predominantly black. now we know from history, that there are many successful, intelligent blacks. so this is not a case of saying black people as a race, attract poverty and violence, but rather that the violence is the result of lingering poverty. the poverty has been artificially band-aided while the symptoms are ignored and passed down the road. meanwhile, they are being wielded like a weapon by corrupt forces on the planet, who know all too well that the people need healing from emotional, physical and mental trauma, so they can lift themselves up. without that, this problem will continue to increase in severity.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by undo
i'm not liberal. i'm worried about their situation.
this is the difference.

The fact that you are 'worried' about their situation makes you liberal.

i have been reading your posts. i find you to be articulate, intelligent and level headed.
i've also noted that you are worried about their situation, so from one non liberal to the other,
can we agree these people need to know we love them, and not perpetuate the false paradigm
that we hate them? we don't hate them. come on, everyone feels this in their heart.
problem is, THE inner city blacks don't know we love them. they think the government loves them and that
everyone else hates them. : /

edit on 24-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, I understand. I see your point. And you have a good heart. But the only way out is to drop collectivism. Drop collective rights and find a way to empower the individual. There are no civil, or "race" rights. The only rights that exist are the rights of the individual.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I can understand many sides to this topic. I agree with the earlier post that --- education is the answer. If I were black, I would be loading up on as much education as possible. I would study very hard and not stop until reaching the Ph.D., M.D., law degree, M.B.A. or whatever you like. Don't tell me blacks cannot get themselves through school --- there are many educational opportunities available, financial aid, scholarships and so forth.

The hip hop, rap, gangsta culture has been an enormous tragedy blacks have wallowed in. Stop the sagging, stop the hate raps, stop the we're victims raps, stop the degrading raps against females, stop the whitey cracker hate raps, stop calling each other nigga, stop the petty and hard crimes, stop the dependence on drugs and alcohol, stop all the ignorant and crude behavior, stop all that nonsense. Try learning, try reading as many books as you can, wear a wrist watch so you don't have to ask the white guy what time it is, don't ask for spare change ever, learn to speak proper English, stop being holy rollers, learn to have a decent appearance and don't wear bling, learn etiquette/manners and how to be a gentleman or gentle lady, ladies --- don't dress like prostitutes, etc, etc, etc.

Nevermind. I shouldn't suggest taking all the fun out of being oppressed, especially since looping, vicious circle type oppression and self pity and anger seems to be desired in the black culture instead of pushing oneself to higher and higher levels of education. Hate white culture? Why don't you become better educated than most whites? It worked for Barack and Michelle, so why can't higher education work for you? Oh, my bad, you would rather aspire to be Jay Z, Beyoncé, or Kobe Bryant --- dream on, but if you drop out of school before you at least get a master's degree, enjoy your woe-is-me cycle of poverty. Go ahead and go deaf listening to "explicit" hip hop. Go on to state prison where so many black brothers don't know any other life.

I love the blacks who become doctors and professors and entrepreneurs. Not much sympathy or empathy for those who don't keep learning and growing and becoming superb role models.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Humans exist is societies and they, what you call a collective is an entity where cooperation has to do with sharing certain things: water, air, medicine, police, fire, etc.
A balance of individual and collective rights should be met.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join