It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You have two equally skilled gunmen who don't like each other. One is wielding an UMP-45 fitted with a x2 scope and rail mounted fore-grip for recoil stabilization; the other is tooling a bare tech-9 machine pistol. He might win due to sheer skill and tenacity, or he might wound up shot in the face quickly due to the tech-9's very limited range, janky recoil, and paltry stopping power compared to the fitted UMP-45'S high .45 ACP stopping power, low recoil, and increased accuracy and range. They are both guns, they both spit out bullets, but one does it FAR MORE BETTER than the other, giving one equally skilled shooter a large advantage over the other.

Let me ask you something, buttercookie, and i want you to think on multiple plateaus and sub levels if you truly wish to get to the bottom of this instead of hold on to your preferred views and feelings. Given that blacks in America, as other people worldwide, have not had equal footing in the not to far past, do you thin we have equal footing now? Yes, of course they tell you on the MSM that they started several programs countrywide to help blacks develop skills and find work. Of course, the politicians on the TV says that they have reformed this, prioritized that, so blacks have no excuse now. Of course the smiling, suited man in front of cameras shaking black hands in the church cares deeply and has made changes. But is that the truth?

Have there truly any efforts in the amount of money spent on improving the hood? Are there any or enough employment opportunities around there that will garner enough funds? Oh but wait, are the property and business taxes adjusted to suit, so blacks can manage their own businesses, and get some money running through the hood? Are the schools getting the most up to date materials and good funding? Instead of giving people like you an excuse to blame blacks and the general poor for their laziness and dependence by the government handing out billions of billions of dollars to the poor and not so poor through welfare and food stamps, don't you think it smarter to take those billions and fix the very roots of the reason they are lazy and dependent, like put some jobs there like they have in white neighborhoods, fund the education system like they do in white neighborhoods, fix buildings in prompt time like they do in white neighborhoods? Give a man fish and h'ell eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish, and h'ell eat for a lifetime... remember that? Us black people used to know how to fish with the best of fishermen, pullin' in freakin great whites on a daily basis with our old, shoddy fishing poles, wrestling tuna with our hands. What happened there? Through all the things mentioned in previous that you regard as "conspiracy" (you still have not answered if you think it's fact or fiction yet), is there any possibility that they took our fishing poles and polluted our fishing grounds?

What is your take on it? We used to fish like crazy, so what happened? What do you think is the root cause to our self destruction today? There is a root to EVERYTHING, they never start just because. Africa was once a thriving, rich land. But ever since the Europeans barged their way into the continent, and have taken control with their projectile weapons, bombs, and metal shields, and took control of the continents natural resources, and appointed the selfish and greedy as puppet rulers, they have NEVER, EVER LEFT. Look at Africa today. We kill each other like breathing air, we argue, we are ignorant, by our own hands. But can the Europeans possibly be pulling fiber, triple reinforced nylon strings that they have forcefully knitted into ouR backs centuries ago? Can it be? Buttercookie?

What do you think would happen if the hood was given the same capital and attention as do rich white neighborhoods? OF COURSE, the first handful of generations will graffiti the crap out of the starbucks, rob the saks 5th avenue, and trash the marina; it takes time, effort, strategy and most of all, UNDERSTANDING, to reacquaint and readjust a persons whole psyche to a new environment, let alone a large population. But what do you think will be the ultimate, final result of such an endeavor? I have my answer to that, what's yours? I guess this inquiry boils down to if you think this endeavor has been and is underway for the hood, if billions spent on giving away money, food stipends, and other dependence programs counts.

And one last thing. you accusing me of not wanting to uplift my black people because i dwell on these "conspiracy" possibilities puts you in my zone of suspicion. Where in my post elicited the idea that i don't want to uplift my race? How do you know i haven't or continue to do this? You reek of...work. I'll hold my gut feeling about you Buttercookie, for now...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have read and re-read your posts, be assured of that...

but your point is still MOOT.

Why?

You state that social engineering is the cause. Who is doing the social engineering? Let me show you an example.

According to you, it is obvious that Lil' Wayne or Nikki Minaj's' management teams are telling them, "Hey rap about degrading women, being whores, being thuggish, etc. Erika Baduh, Common, John Legend, and Alicia Keys, who are all also black entertainers, must have management encouraging them to do the same.

YET, they sing about positive things, they are not cursing, and do not promote the whore and thug life images that Wayne and Nikki does.

IT IS PERSONAL CHOICE.

I really do think that you and I both can agree that the modern day black race is going backwards. We seriously are not progressing. I can easily see that you a very intelligent man (sincerely) and I know that you have heard the comments from Bill O reilly and Don Lemon on this subject matter.

Can you point out any flaws in their logic?

I think educted, intelligent people like you and I can help craft ways to get this messge out to our community. I think that the only difference is that you feel more inclined to express that there is a mass conspiracy against us, which may very well be true, but focusing on that will never address any solutions.

My method is directly stating the problems and giving the obvious solutions, which is to STOP THE FOOLISHNESS, whether or not we are being conspired against.

Agreed?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I think educted, intelligent people like you and I can help craft ways to get this messge out to our community. I think that the only difference is that you feel more inclined to express that there is a mass conspiracy against us, which may very well be true, but focusing on that will never address any solutions. My method is directly stating the problems and giving the obvious solutions, which is to STOP THE FOOLISHNESS, whether or not we are being conspired against. Agreed?

DARN IT I AGREE!!!! both need to be taken in to account in order for the "healing" to happen..acknowledge the foolishness and the "conspiracy" and then we can progress. We need to stop fighting each other as well.

and on Don Lemon, he made some very accurate points which i agree with but he also has a sort of ignorance to what causes certain behaviors in the BC which just may be due to how he was raised but i digress...

Teamwork

and on the Lil' Wayne and Nikki Minaj thing, like i stated earlier money can bring the worst out in people... Erika Badu, Common, John Legend, and Alicia Keys, make nowhere the amount of money that Lil Wayne and Nikki Minaj make for that very reason..Money is whats controlling alot of people

edit on 31-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Star!

Absolutely!

and I hate that they make the amount of money that they do, when it is nothing btut filth and degradation that they promote to young black children.

It is horrible even on my local radio stations here in Memphis:

On one station, they have "Paternity Test Tuesday" where, you guessed it, they do the Maury Povich real life deal on the air for all the world to hear about baby mommas and baby daddies...Tragic.

They also talk in a 'hood, ghetto' way:

"Hey yall, you know wuz up! Come n get yo drink on n yo swerve on down at (such and such club) where its gone be On and Popping, you heard me? Yeah, you know what it is, You ain't no?"

(????????????????????????????)

It's pure bufoonery.

Their 'news' is discussing which rappers have 'beef' with each other, who is out on bond, and what Nicki Minaj just twittered about Lil Kim. I don't even allow my children to hear it. Instead, I have it on the "white folks" station, as Memphians call it, where they can hear political commentary from both side, world news, and simply just people speaking with proper English.

edit on 31-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You have not responded to ANY of my questions in the last post. You have ignored my analogies that i used as an example. I respond to you accusing me TWICE, of being a black person who does not want to uplift his fellow blacks because he dwells on the subject of supposed "conspiracy", then after my response to these accusations, i am now a sincerely intelligent black person.

In your response, you have simply repeated what you have said before. Everything you respond with in your latest post, i have carefully evaluated, and given a valid reason for. You have answered NONE of the questions i have posed to you.

I'm not falling for your "lets make nice" settlement right now, and i'm letting my gut chuck all over my laptop. I have met black people, my dad including, who think it's ALL our fault, from the very beginning. YOU, though, are VERY OBVIOUSLY IGNORING valid points i have posted... you were accused of being a racist several pages ago, but only bring up being black in the last 2 pages... hmmm? First you ascertain with no evidence that i do not want to uplift black people, i explain into painstaking detail what i already explained before while responding to your baseless accusation with reason, then you 180 it all of a sudden? Yep, iv'e encountered you on the internets before... Your a troll... and a liar. I highly doubt your balck... its either that, or you have thoroughly fixed blinders on.

Here's how you can prove me wrong though...

Respond to my questions in my last posts. Carefully read it like i did yours, because your responses sound like you did not. I would like to think that you did, but your responses sound like you either did not read it, or you are intentionally ignoring these points raised here.

We can both agree it is black people moving WAY backward today. It is personal choice. But i have explained to you this in detail already, and you ignore it in your latest post; how have our tendency in personal choices shifted so much from pre-1970's? How have we gone from taking care of our own selves under institutionalized racism and legal murder, to buffoonery with equal rights and supposedly equal opportunity?

Do you think it is in our natural inclination towards self- destruction? Ingrained in our thought pattern? In our black skin like was mentioned in that stupid Hollywood movie Blood Diamond? Our decline began someway...you avoid answering how.

You have shown now officially shown yourself to be a troll and a fake. Make me regret accusing you of such by properly responding to these everything in my last post. Do not simply repeat what you said before.

I would say that you are someone who thinks it impossible for a ruling government to be able to control a populations behavior through various means, but i can't even entertain that possibility about you now, for you have ignored everything i said in my posts, TWICE.

Are you a troll? Buttercookie? You veered this vehicle right into character attack territory, but you can get it out. Will you?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Lol...

Your posts seriously make no since.

I answered you back then and I will answer you again.

These are PERSONAL CHOICES to go the way that "the white man" is engineering us to go.

Proof? I don't do the things that have been recognized as bufoonish behavior by blacks... neither do nny of the blacks in my circle, and neither do a million other sensible positive blacks.

So your point is MOOT.

Good day.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

And also, so as to demonstrate that i am responding to all of your points like you do not bother doing for mine, Erika Badu and people in their likes do not get a single fraction of the amount of marketing, stage time, and money lavished upon them that entertainers like Lil' Wayne and Nikki Minaj do. More money, more marketing, more stage time means EXPONENTIALLY LARGER AUDIENCE. Exponentially larger audience means EXPONENTIALLY LARGER AMOUNT OF YOUTH WHO WILL EMULATE THIS CRAP. Common has long ago descended into your average "lets get it poppin 2night" rapper, AlIcia Keys sings about relationship drama. This is another fine example of you reading and re-reading my posts
I explained how this works on my very first one... but here you are...

You have two skilled horse riders; one is on a a calm, trained and friendly horse. The other is riding an insane, angry, "get the f*** off my back" horse. He might be able to pull the horse under control and complete the course, or he might catch a Christopher Reeves. How much can you blame that horse rider?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yep, you are a TROLL. And a LIAR. Either respond to my questions posed, or SAY NOTHING.
You are doing nothing to further anything here with your lies and bullcrap. Would you truly respond with such evasion if we were debating this face to face? You wouldn't be able to know, would you.

Before i bust a vein responding to a TROLL who might be under a bridge 100's of miles away somewhere...

Good day to you, to

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So its an irony that a black man runs America and yet so so many still are at the bottom end of the pile.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You are a racist. In the UK they have " paternity testing" constantly on TV for white people.

I don't see what your point is.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

And i seriously doubt he is black, though i can be wrong. He was accused of his racism multiple times on multiple pages, but reserves his response of being a black person himself until page 11. He refuses to respond to any of my inquiries posted, and instead repeats what he says before that. I refuse to debate with people such as this. He doesn't even respond to my response of his accusations of not wanting to uplift my race, but instead tunrs around and calls me intelligent... troll, and a half-assed one at that. Iv'e met better.

The president being black has nothing to do with anything. He was already elected before the polls were open open. He, like all other presidents, is a puppet under willing control by those who truly control this world.

And FreedomEntered, your picture is one of the funniest things i've ever seen, had me laughing...was it doctored or is it a real picture captured at the right moment.

And what do you think about the points i raised in my previous posts? Whats your take on this.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
LOL!!

Omg! I can't be REAL? I can't be a black woman? Oh, its because I don't follow the black script, heh?

I have been on ATS for nearly 5 years. Go back and read some of my threads and ANY of those posts, where I have divulged info about me to ATS, such as my gender, race, veteran status, educational background, and the city I live in. Mind you, I have met with 2 ATS'ers in real life...

But I understand. This is the typical liberal responses when a black person is not 'following the black script' and wallowing in victimhood and anti-intellecutism. "Surely ButterCookie can't be real..."

LOL

Instead of addressing the claim, you attack the person. Whether I was a man instead of a woman, white instead of black, and lived at the North Pole, what say you against my claims??

Typical distraction tactic----

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Youth culture is ALWAYS controversial.

Most music particulary the pop culture is tailored to appeal to the youth. And its art.

So I don't know what your point is? You think they are somehow brainwashed by listening to the music. Well Id say the music is an expression of what they feel already.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
As for the issues of generations of poverty. It happens in all ethnicities and cultures around the world. Its not exclusive to just blacks. The fact that they may not have succeeded as much as they could do may be down to the fact that they have had more " blocks and prejudice" now that these have gone. I agree with the Op the best way is to be pro-active in finding ways to helping such people. How that's does is variable. Its usually done with people who are already understanding why things are way they are and how they have lead to that.

I don't know because I am not black and not part of that community in the USA.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Let me say this before I dip out.....

How come, no matter where you are at in the USA, especially in the North, is it that ALL black peoples talk like they are from the south??? (Minus some of the homeboys in the New York boroughs and Chicago)
edit on 31-7-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Interesting to see all the racists coming out of the wood works.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Interesting to see all the racists coming out of the wood works.

I sure as F*** hope you're not talking about me.
Because I am FARRR from racist.

You should man up and point a finger if ya wanna tussle homes.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by Willtell

Originally posted by zero1020
Is the OP being sarcastic? Is this a joke topic?

I thought the same thing when I first read this op. I may agree with the essence of what he says but I have a suspicion that the op may be indulging in hyperbolic irony (a little over the top) to actually make the opposite point he is making.

Just a suspicion

so no one here, including you, thinks it would be a productive and socially beneficial thing to do, to
tell the black community that the rest of the usa loves them and not to believe the lies that we don't love them?

Honestly, you don't think just your generalization alone of the whole thing is patronizing to the "black community"? How do you not see this? If I were black, I would take offense to this as I would recognize that all that was fought for up until the civil rights movement was just to be equal among other human beings. To not be segregated and treated above or below anyone else.

I really don't understand people who think like you. You want everyone to stand up and specifically express "love" to a whole race of people you think need it more than anyone else. Every white person alive should feel guilty and all blacks should feel angry and entitled. You honestly believe this, but this is offensive to a whole ton of people and that is why this issue lingers, and is so emotionally charged. You are fanning the flame of racism. You and others like you are not contributing to anything, but making things worse, even tho it is probably un-intentional. Obviously I am correct on this or else we would not see so many emotionally charged responses on these threads. (and there are many) People are tired of this. Just the fact that you can't see this though is really mind blowing IMO.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

FINALLY Your irrelvant, moot questions and my answers:

"So you think the US government trafficking drugs into impoverished areas world wide is a conspiracy? All the judges, cops, agents, banksters, politicians, bussinessmen, are all part of conspiracy? "

I don't know- don't care if they DO have a conspiracy. I don't fall for it nor do a million other succesful blacks.

"You think the COINTELPRO Files were all a conspiracy?"
Possibly..even likely. Yet I don't fall for it neither do other successful blacks.

"How do you think the white race would fare if put under These manufactured conditions, which you see as conspiracy?"

Don't know, as I don't see our problems as a 'racial or group thing'- I see it as Personal Choice.

"How do you know that the racist government running this country, are now loving and fair?"

The Democrats are running this country now, and as in their history, they are racist.

"Ill repeat this question, how do you think whites and other races would fare under these conditions?"

I'll repeat that I have no idea, as I don't see the problem as a group problem; more an individual choice.

"There are plenty of very poor areas around the world, with little to no crime rate to worry about. So what's the matter here? Why do us and others participate in the crime, guns, drugs and rap stupid rap music? "

Exactly. Never said that poverty was the sole problem to our problem; more an individual choice / We have chosen to particpiate in those things as an individual choice.

"Let me ask you something, buttercookie, and i want you to think on multiple plateaus and sub levels if you truly wish to get to the bottom of this instead of hold on to your preferred views and feelings. Given that blacks in America, as other people worldwide, have not had equal footing in the not to far past, do you thin we have equal footing now?"

Yes, we have held equal footing in our past. This was a generation after slavery and Jim Crow were outlawed. We have equal footing now, as there are no laws geared to blacks only. So the problems attribute to personal choice.

"Have there truly any efforts in the amount of money spent on improving the hood? "

I would say no. Tax dollars have been allocated at attempts to 'help the hood" by way of providing free STD and abortion clinics, instead of promoting to stop the casual sex behavior all together; rewarding single mothers with more welfare and food stamps instead of restricting her time on the system and stopping services when she has more out of birth wedlocks, and the building of more churches and liquor stores at each corner does nothing to stop the violence and crime.

"What is your take on it?"

That these problems that the black community faces are personal choices- Bill O'Reilly and Don Lemon gave excellent explanations for these choices: single motherhood=low education=poverty=crime

"But can the Europeans possibly be pulling fiber, triple reinforced nylon strings that they have forcefully knitted into ouR backs centuries ago? Can it be? "

Possibly. But because of the outlaw of slavery, Jim Crow, and Desegregation, we are able to make personal choices to not engage in ratchet behavior.

"What do you think would happen if the hood was given the same capital and attention as do rich white neighborhoods? "

With the same mentality as before the riches come into the hood, the hood would return back into a hood.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Please see the questions and answers that I have posted. Now you cannot say that I am igoring your posts, as I have personally addressed each question that you have raised. Furthermore, I am not going to continue to repeat myself all because you have chosen to blind to answers that you don't like.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join