It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

No one is forcing blacks to use or sell drugs. No one is forcing black women to abort their babies.

but its strongly encouraged by both blacks and whites

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

No one is forcing blacks to use or sell drugs. No one is forcing black women to abort their babies.

Doesn't matter.

Again, for the sake of the argument, let's say that the government has planted drugs in the black communites, and opened up abortion clinics as well, to eliminate the black race.

Who is forcing the drug users and sellers to engage in drug activity?

Who is forcing the black women to abort their children (other than the Democratic party)?

Do you see what I am saying here? For years, lots of 'pro-black' people have asserted that there must be a mass conspiracy to further the collaspe of the black society....but even if, does that mean we have to engage in the activity?

The root of the problem has NEVER been the 'conspiracy' itself; its forcing blacs to realize that they are victims of themselves- they don't have to fall for the 'trap'.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i have just skimmed through all the pages of this thread. please forgive me if this has already been said.

you can ask any doctor, psychiatrist, or any health care provider. one of the most important parts about healing is the desire to to be well. you have to want to be healed in order to be fully healed.

until some, not all, black U.S. citizens, that continually cry and complain about the treatment of their ancestors and think that they are owed something, want to be healed it wont happen. they would rather play the victim and stay in the place that they are in, rather than to let go of the hate that fills them inside.

i refuse to call black people, african amercain, or any other person from another continent or nation by the name of said place. for the simple fact they are U.S. citizens and not a citizen of the said nation or continent. to put the name of a continent or nation ahead of the nation you are a citizen of tells me that you would rather be in that place instead of where you are. that your loyalties lay with that place instead of your country. if that's the case load up and go back to where you consider homeland.

edit on 29-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

To both your posts... I hope you decide to write a book someday or are sharing your wisdom somehow, if you're not I hope you decide to because the world needs it, not just black people... all of us, because there will always be some group thrown into that role and that is the true ignorance of racism and class warfare... people run around through life thinking it will never be me because I don't fit that group... it is always going to be somebody. Some of us really do see it.

What do we do about it?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

encouraged by who? using most drugs for recreational use is against the law, the only ones that encourage this are the ones who participate in the sell or use of the drugs.

and there are many who are trying to stop abortion. only to be fought tooth and nail by those who think that it is better for women to have the control of their body by allowing them to do so.
the truth is they already have control of their bodies, all they have to do is keep their knees together, and use birth control methods that are there, instead of using abortion as birth control.

now don't miss understand me, abortion maybe needed in some instantiates, but they should be far more harder to get than they are now.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

i feel you and i dont think anyone is FORCING them but the encouragement is just as detrimental IMO..

for example..the Maury show...almost 90 percent of Maury guest are black woman trying to find or prove the father. Black men are demonized constantly while the women are always seen as the victim. If a guy claims hes not the father, the crowd boos him while Maury reprimands him..Even when it is discovered that he is not the father.the crowd "awwws" and Maury comforts the woman..One woman had been on he show 10 times!!! accusing different men and still couldn't find the father and Maury promised her he wouldn't rest until they found him...what kind of message do you think he is sending to the woman across America especially black women who his show is catered for?

how many positive rappers have spoken out about how label owners and executive wanting them to "dumb down" their music or behave and dress a certain way just for money or sales?

money can encourage alot of behavior and for some who see no other way to obtain money, they are forced to resort to things such as selling drugs, stealing..etc and im not saying its right

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

using most drugs for recreational use is against the law, the only ones that encourage this are the ones who participate in the sell or use of the drugs.

i agree... but look at weed or example...most popular rec drug around. Few places have already legalized it.
why is it that a black or Spanish person caught with weed is liable to face more severe punishment then a white person??

something as simple as a weed charge on your record can prevent you from obtaining a job in many places. how can you provide for your self or a family if you cant even get a job? Many choose not to let it stop them and turn to selling drugs (not all but many blacks with criminal records do)

and if you have a person who is denied the legal way to make money an make almost triple selling drugs then he would with a regular 9-5.what motivation will he ave to try to do thins the legal way? I think he needs help

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
(Double Post)
edit on 29-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

i feel you and i dont think anyone is FORCING them but the encouragement is just as detrimental IMO..

for example..the Maury show...almost 90 percent of Maury guest are black woman trying to find or prove the father. Black men are demonized constantly while the women are always seen as the victim. If a guy claims hes not the father, the crowd boos him while Maury reprimands him..Even when it is discovered that he is not the father.the crowd "awwws" and Maury comforts the woman..One woman had been on he show 10 times!!! accusing different men and still couldn't find the father and Maury promised her he wouldn't rest until they found him...what kind of message do you think he is sending to the woman across America especially black women who his show is catered for?

how many positive rappers have spoken out about how label owners and executive wanting them to "dumb down" their music or behave and dress a certain way just for money or sales?

money can encourage alot of behavior and for some who see no other way to obtain money, they are forced to resort to things such as selling drugs, stealing..etc and im not saying its right

No....No.....no.....

Again, what does it matter that one group of people desires to promote bad behavior from another group? Why is the other group particpating in said activities?

I am sorry, but what you are doing is seeing this issue through "liberal-vision", which means you can only see black people as victims. I am black but not I, nor the majority of my peers, participate in any of the negative behavior that is so 'encouraged' as you say, by whites.

Do you see what I am saying?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

yea i do see what your saying..i am black but im not a victim of it either but that's not to say i don't understand what many other blacks face. No I dont see all blacks as victims but i do see many as targets and despite how you may feel its a very very real problem..

In NY right now you can be stopped and search by police just from profiling and its majority black and Spanish people that get stopped. Are these people not victims and targets???

and on a personal note..Some of my peers deal with it and some don't..some that do deal with it WISH they had other options other than selling drugs but because of a flawed system cannot. Many have even begged me to help them with jobs, some i can and some i cant. Not everyone chooses the lifestyle..some just see no way around and feel powerless. But i commend you and your peers

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

yea i do see what your saying..i am black but im not a victim of it either but that's not to say i don't understand what many other blacks face. No I dont see all blacks as victims but i do see many as targets and despite how you may feel its a very very real problem..

In NY right now you can be stopped and search by police just from profiling and its majority black and Spanish people that get stopped. Are these people not victims and targets???

and on a personal note..Some of my peers deal with it and some don't..some that do deal with it WISH they had other options other than selling drugs but because of a flawed system cannot. Many have even begged me to help them with jobs, some i can and some i cant. Not everyone chooses the lifestyle..some just see no way around and feel powerless. But i commend you and your peers

Thanks.

What I am trying to get you to see is that it STILL doesn't matter if blacks are 'targeted'. We don't have to indulge in the negative behvavior.

We have yet to look in the mirror and see that we are to blame, no one else.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your a beautiful awesome girl, and God put us all on this earth to live happy and be together under his grace and blessings. We are all humans, and as of lately, we are all getting it badly, dry and without lube. But thank you

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88
reply to post by undo

Your a beautiful awesome girl, and God put us all on this earth to live happy and be together under his grace and blessings. We are all humans, and as of lately, we are all getting it badly, dry and without lube. But thank you

we need to pray just to make it today?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So you think the US government trafficking drugs into impoverished areas world wide is a conspiracy? All the judges, cops, agents, banksters, politicians, bussinessmen, are all part of conspiracy?

You think the COINTELPRO Files were all a conspiracy? Detailed government documents of who to track, who to kill, how to demoralize, what societal infrastructures and programs to target, what community movements to dismantle,where to plant provocatuers, was a conspiracy? The same program US governemnt blamed on a few low level foot soldier agents? That was a conspiracy?

You think the governments skilled and effective propaganda and marketing techniques and carefull media manipultaion to sway a people in a certain direction pertaining to values, behavior and emotion is a conspiracy?

Another question that i ask people concerning this debate; how do you think the white race would fare if put under These manufactured conditions, which you see as conspiracy?

Poverty does not neccesarily equal crime, but don't you think that poverty along with a lack in educational infrastructure and organization also fosters an environment of desperation, dog eatdog mentality, selfishness, and ignorance, and dependance? Now add the wholesome mix of drugs and guns; one is a sure money maker, the other gives you the ability to stay alive longer or exert force on others to keep making money. Now what

You don't think retarded, violent, shallow rap culture wasn't financed and marketed to peoepl, especially blacks, to define our race and culture, while music that had us take a good, detailed look inward as well as outward to form a thoughtful and informed view on the realties of our social situation were Left to perform for an exponentially smaller audience on the underground?

I beg you, go and read up on these the us governments drug trafficking to not only poor cities in america, all over. Read up on the COINTLPRO program. Read up on the government documents that clearly states of planned parenthood utilization to reduce the black population. Then make your decision. Wheter you think it conspiracy or truth,the facts are there, the evidence solid, the intent clear. If you still think of all this as conspiracy, then there is no possible way of convincing you that the state of black people in this country, and the world, were purposefully manufactured.

Ill use the country of brasil, as an example. Portugal barges into the country, enslaves natives along with black captives. Slavery reigns. After a while, the masters decide to release these people, but not around there own populations, no dirty poor black slaves and indians around us. So they build these rushed, half assed, stack and pack shanty towns, the favelas, and stuff all the freed in there. They deny them educational, revenue making, social stability opportunities. Any way they can can help themselves, it's not possible, because the resources to do so comes from the masters. Poverty, ignorance, and hate spreads. Fast forward to modern times; the government, which has been caught red handed severl times over the years running guns and drugs into these favelas for Decades, still make no moves to improve quality of life. So now you have drug dealers and gunmen ranging from 10-25 yeaars old, murdering each other on a kill or be killed basis. No jobs, no schools, churches and community programs dismantled, and it's the poor peoples fault that they are in that situation? Jeez...

What we have to think about is the concept of an organized, highly funded, historically established, heavily armed, and law making governing body, versus a population of people. We don't have a true history int this country, it was a history that we were forced to live. We have no roots in a culture or established customs. It was made up along the way through oppression and turmoil. How are you so sure that this turmoil and oppression is not continued through subterfuge and deception behind the curtains?

How do you know that the racist government running this country, are now loving and fair? Why, because the politicians on TV told you they're nice people now? How do you know they are not lying? How do you now the government that stalked Martin Luther king Jr., Malcolm X, Steve Biko, Medga Evers, Leonard Peltier, did not make any moves to make sure anybody with ideas like these people ever have any success again?

How do you know they were not succesful? They have the funds, the know how, the motivation, and the willing personnel. How do you know they are not continuing to make good on the strategies listed in those documents?

Ill repeat this question, how do you think whites and other races would fare under these conditions? Look at the balkan nations, that should give you a hint, sir...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You truly don't get the point....

I was saying, "Fine. Say the gov't has major conspiracies against 'black people', like planting drugs into the system, etcetra etcetra..." Conspiracy or not, true or not....

The POINT is that blacks are not forced to engaged in the activity!!

The whites that are in charge of the music industry- you say they promote negative music to blacks.

The POINT is the blacks are not forced to engage in the activity!!!

What are you not getting?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

More importantly, you list a slew of facts: poverty is a result of low education, leads eventually to crime.

Then why are you making excuses for the majority of blacks who have adopted the anti-intellectual culture? That is statistically proven that blacks lead in high school drop outs and not seeking a college degree.

You say that music CEO's promote garbage music that further leads to the degradation of the black culture: then why is it that blacks lead in the music industry with this type of musisc.

You are purposely covering your eyes to the real root, which is the fact that blacks are to blame for their own demise in 2013. Your posts demonstrate that blacks actually do engage in the activity, so no matter who the promoter is, what is the excuse? Are we an easily lead sheep?

Its just as Bill Oreilly stated: these are PERSONAL CHOICES.

No matter if blacks are targeted, profiled, agenda-against, conspired against..

The fact is WE CONTINUE TO ENGAGE IN THE ACTIVITY.

You are literally making me nauseous; a black person who is against the uplifting of the black race.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

buttercookie, from reading all your post in this thread and others. you sound like one intelligent lady that doesn't let the pressures from any one sway you.

have you ever considered running for office, i would vote for you in a heartbeat, if i lived where you do.

and your right, it is a personal choice that many black U.S. citizens have made. many due to the peer pressure that comes from family and friends. it seems that even if they are intelligent enough to know better that they still fall victim to it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

From reading your responses, i honestly think you either did not read all of my posts (i only made 3 so far on the last 2 pages), missed some key points i demonstrate in my posts, or mentally omitted these points. I have already answered the rebutal of blacks not having to engage in said activity before you rebuttled it, but i'll make it clear, again. Ill get back to you in the AM(later AM).

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

From reading your responses, i honestly think you either did not read all of my posts (i only made 3 so far on the last 2 pages), missed some key points i demonstrate in my posts, or mentally omitted these points. I have already answered the rebutal of blacks not having to engage in said activity before you rebuttled it, but i'll make it clear, again. Ill get back to you in the AM(later AM).

What is your evidence of this?

Your posts basically listed the typical black/liberal excuses for our woes:

"The white man" plants drugs in our neighborhoods

"The white man" sets up abortion clinics to kill off our babies

"The white man" promotes degrading music that is detrimental to our race.

Wahh wahh wahhhh

MY point to you was

"SO WHAT?"

Whether or not this is true is not even being debated, because it DOES NOT MATTER, because Blacks DO NOT have to engage in the activity.

If we spent more time focusing on not engaging in those activities instead of "The white man" behind the scenes, we could probably get somewhere.

And this is the point of my thread.

How could you, a black person, be against that at all?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

What is your evidence of this?

Your posts basically listed the typical black/liberal excuses for our woes:

"The white man" plants drugs in our neighborhoods

"The white man" sets up abortion clinics to kill off our babies

"The white man" promotes degrading music that is detrimental to our race.

Wahh wahh wahhhh

MY point to you was

"SO WHAT?"

Whether or not this is true is not even being debated, because it DOES NOT MATTER, because Blacks DO NOT have to engage in the activity.

If we spent more time focusing on not engaging in those activities instead of "The white man" behind the scenes, we could probably get somewhere.

And this is the point of my thread.

How could you, a black person, be against that at all?

In an earlier post you said that i said that lack of education ;lead to poverty which leads to crime; i never said this, at all.

Now i don't prefer to use the term the white man, just government, which has mostly white members, and a few non- whites helping out here and there.

Black people don't have to participate in the in the crime and drugs? You are 100 right about that. Us, or any other crime ridden population around the world do not have to. There are plenty of very poor areas around the world, with little to no crime rate to worry about. So what's the matter here? Why do us and others participate in the crime, guns, drugs and rap stupid rap music?

SOCIAL CONDITIONING! we have been made this way. I think in your view, the "waaah waaah waaah" you so eloquwntly paraphrase, the governing body and there proven and established efforts of malignant subversion are given little to no recognition and regard pertaining to the effect it might have on a population governed by the governing body. As a result of this view, it still is the people's fault on a fundamental, nuts and bolts basis.

Social engineering and conditioning has already been proven to work like a charm on society. To sway a population towards a certain direction through media and propaganda has been done before, and continues to be done. Although some of us in the hood did not have to blast that mac-10, smoke that crack, or not go to class. It is DEFINITELY our fault, but only on an immediate level. What you are not thinking about, or refuse to think about, is how our psyche, over the course of dozens of years, has been carefully TAILORED through economic manipulation, covert and overt laws, geographical location and media, for us act this way. I REFUSE to accept that us black people, just like ANY OTHER people, are prone to buffoonery as a result of innate psychological make-up, or cultural development.

The drive to achieve higher than simple monetary sustenance and to reason and rationalize beyond the immediate and apart from oneself has been a BREADED out of us through IMPOSED poverty and MANUFACTURED CHAOS, over several generations, by a highly organized, very powerful, and endlessly motivated government. The tendency for black males my age and younger to shoot, hustle and disrespect has been BREADED into us, even some of us who are better off, through carefully controlled media manipulation; media manipulation that has been proven to work in all other aspects of societal control. Ignorance, dependence, and stupidity has been BREADED into us over several generations through a purposeful dismantling of the educational structure and community organization. The misuse and spamming of the race card has been BREADED into us through governments covert and successful efforts to demoralize and disenfranchise blacks, but their publicly displayed and ineffective efforts to help blacks; a lil' saggy pants knucklehead living in an okay, middle class black area lands his behind in jail for gun and drug possession, then blames it on whites n' government. He knows damn well he f'd up on his own, and unfortunately any efforts by any other more responsible and intelligent black person to explain how this little idiot got this gun and drugs, and why he is influenced to act like such a dummy despite his parents best efforts are ECLIPSED.

Hers an analogy. You have 2 equally skilled climbers. One is kitted with the best gear, while the other has aged, brittle gear. He might make it thanks to his skill, or fall to his friggin death thanks to rusted clamps and weathered harnesses. You take it from here...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join