Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Can whites be victims of racism?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Of course anyone can be racist to any other culture by the technical meaning of the term. But only a fool would draw an equivalence between white and black or white and hispanic racial experience in the US. And that means that non-whites are by circumstance and history more apt to be racially stigmatised, and that the tools to do so are nearer to hand.

There is a disturbing need in the US to appropriate the language of prejudice - to suggest that black people are the sole "actual racists" and "race baiters". That since everything is a level playing field now (a laughable assertion) it's black people who are in fact engaged in prejudice - and a form of entitlement - when they suggest that racially prejudiced structures still operate in America. This is an oversimplification based somewhere between fear and privilege, I guess.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I would like to know if I can accuse my indian manager of racism if that is indeed what it is. I work on weekends with him solo and I am a frontline supervisor.my co workers are both african american and I am the only white person at the frontline. On weekends whenever I want to take tea I am being screamed at that I can not take my tea or lunch,and if I did,when I come back,I get screamed at again!he never does this with the other two colleagues of mine. Sunday afternoon past 12:00 I clocked out as usual to go take a tea break,my first of the day,and when he saw me go out he shouted at me again and said that if I leave the store I shouldn't even think of coming back, I can just stay away.he did this on the floor in front of customers,but because it was really loud in the store nobody could really hear it. My other supervisor had by then already taken tea. That evening I posted on facebook that he threatened me and I was not allowed to go eat something in my tea time.i also said he was a racist,but I did not name anybody in the post. Now I am being subject to a hearing over the differential treatment I am receiving from a manager. I did try at a previous occasion to tell the store manager about the unfair treatment I a receiving but he took the assistant manager's side over mine.can anyone help with advice please?it would be appreciated a lot.thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
At work ive been subjected to racism in my own country, from foreigners, and iam white and am fed up with the animosity i get from these people,their insults and bad attitude ! if i retaliate iam a Racist ! they come to my country with an obnoxious ME FIRST attitude, and if they dont get a job promotion they apply for, they scream racism then get the promotion ,they rort the whole system with workers compensation with fake injuries etc ,im sick of them ,they want all the overtime ,and if you do any,they accuse you of being money hungry and greedy ,white people these days are guilt tripped into shutting the F..k up, OR ELSE !!!!!!!!!!!! im fed up with it ! and them, and the Political Partys that grovel to them especially the fake refugees that get put up in expensive Hotels ,big money handouts, when they are playing us and the country for gullible soft fools ,if there ultimately isnt a backlash ,we ourselves will have to find another country to live in and fat chance of finding one by that time will be too late

<< 2  3  4   >>

join