It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can whites be victims of racism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by defuntion

How does that makes sense?

Please explain.

Yes, I would also like an explanation to this reasoning.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyrdnews
No, unfortunately White people are taught to hate themselves

Just speak for yourself,
There is NOTHING i regret about WW 2.
I did not experience it, so i don´t give a s**t about some guilt trip for the weak.
But if other people like to beat up themselves for something like that,
please, go ahead.
Do you mind if i sell tickets to it? You do?
Doesn´t matter, i´ll sell them anyway.

ETA:
To be on topic, YES they can, YES i have and NO,
it did not end very nicely for the person responsible for it.
edit on 24-7-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Wow, thank you for the contribution to the thread. This is a great example that racial hatred can and does extend to white people. It also shows that it can be just as psychologically damaging as racism towards other races. I don't have much to add, just please try not to think badly of yourself or your family because of racial hatred that you experienced in the past. I'm glad that you were able to get away from it. Live on and remember to love your fellow man (even the Native Americans from that reservation) equally. Please don't ever continue the cycle of hatred.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD

Originally posted by Wyrdnews
No, unfortunately White people are taught to hate themselves

Just speak for yourself,
There is NOTHING i regret about WW 2.
I did not experience it, so i don´t give a s**t about some guilt trip for the weak.
But if other people like to beat up themselves for something like that,
please, go ahead.
Do you mind if i sell tickets to it? You do?
Doesn´t matter, i´ll sell them anyway.

Don't get carried away Aslan, it was a deliberate generalisation.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes, white people can be victims of racism. I understand with how people of today will say otherwise or say it's less likely to happen. It has happened to me because my skin color is white and I have also experienced hatred because I'm on multiracial heritage. A lot of people are evil. That's how I view them. I'm not a nice guy, but I believe in respect for yourself and others. People form their own gangs and have their own views where it's like the word of God that must be upheld. Including racist views. I disagree with that and feel people should respect others.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

DELETE

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

"Deliberate generalizations" usually have severe collateral damage,
but that won´t bother us.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Wow, thank you for the contribution to the thread. This is a great example that racial hatred can and does extend to white people. It also shows that it can be just as psychologically damaging as racism towards other races. I don't have much to add, just please try not to think badly of yourself or your family because of racial hatred that you experienced in the past. I'm glad that you were able to get away from it. Live on and remember to love your fellow man (even the Native Americans from that reservation) equally. Please don't ever continue the cycle of hatred.

That we do. Both my son and I are very active on the subject of racism and will readily step up to bat on the subject (as you can see). We try to act as emissaries for understanding the ramifications of racism. I'd be lying if I said that we don't struggle from time to time with some anger towards what happened with us out there. We do. We're human. We, instead, try to focus on what drives those sentiments and actively try to rectify the underlying issues that perpetually feed the hatred. Although he and I did nothing to cause the injuries that perpetuate racial attitudes towards whites on the reservations, we keep in mind that there is a great deal that the government and society does that continues to feed the hatred. A lot of times, the grievances that stimulate racism towards whites are not ancient subjects but current. Our Nat Am friends and family asked us to be bridges between the two worlds and we do our best.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

How does that makes sense?

Please explain.

Yes, I would also like an explanation to this reasoning.

It does not make sense, but if I were to claim to understand it then I would be racist.
You follow?
The only true racists are those that believe they can not be the target of racism...

Sorry. There is no concrete answer to your question.

FYI. There was sarcasm in my original post.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Gotcha, sarcasm can be hard to express over the internet. I just wanted to make sure you didn't read the thread title then hit reply without reading my actual OP.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Affirmative on expressing sarcasm via keyboard. This has gottem me in trouble before

Negative on skipping the OP. I did read the OP and appreciated the thought put into it.

I was trying to sum up my thoughts in a very simple sarcastic one liner.

It is extremely difficult to understand what racism even is.. Just to acknoledge it, we almost have to be it to some degree...

Anyway. Nice post. Good thread. Always a difficult topic.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No matter what your skin color is-if someone else bases the way they treat you on your color or race,you are a victim of racism.Rather ask:is there any race who is safe from prejudice and racism.And no there's not,no race culture or creed that is not in the prejudicial crosshairs of Some other race,group,nation or culture.Ask any South African,in my country it is always about race-and propably will be for the next 500 years.First the white racists were in power,now the black racists are in power.But nothing will ever change unless people of all colors will just come clean and admit that race Is often an issue,more so in some parts of the world than other,depending on the history of the diverse racial+cultural groups in the country/region.

edit on 24-7-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nope. No such thing as white people being victims of racism.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
yes they can i have come across it and thought wtf the colour of a human does not bother me .

i have heard white trash a few times thrown at me on the streets of london .
if they are not bitchin about colour its about what name they call their god .

and we call ourself civilized not

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"Can whites be victims of racism?"

At the moment no, not in the same way as blacks.

But if blacks rose up tomorrow and enslaved the whites, used them to get rich and build a country, then even when they let the whites go they still segregated, oppressed, and lynched them. Then after decades of oppression whites had a civil rights movement and tried to reach equality, but afterwards there was still segregation and oppression. And then even decades later when the first white president since bush made it into power, whites still overwhelming made up the lower class while blacks still made up the majority of the upper class. THEN the blacks would be racist in the SAME way whites are now. Then things would be equal.

Considering the background as context, the n-word and c-words are NOT equally hurtful.

It is our duty to be sensitive to the oppressed race's past and if putting up with a double standard is the worst thing we have to endure then whites are getting off extremely lightly here. If I was black I'm not sure I could forgive and forget so easily - many alive today lived through jim crows etc.

But playing the whites as victim in all of this (like so many ats threads are doing now) is really twisted.

Even trying to paint whites as equally victimized by racism is America is just wrong, I'm really getting sick of the sob stories about white oppression.

edit on 24/7/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So you are saying that you have never heard a black man call a white man a "Cracka"? Have you ever heard a Mexican a white man a "Gringo"

You have your damn nerve to say that Caucasian Americans can't be discriminated against because they are white. Surely you are Not that damn Naive, are you?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Can whites be victims of racism? Well let's see... I was the only "white" kid on my football team and I was also the fastest kid on the team with hands of glue and damn near Impossible to tackle. Guess what position my black coach made me play? Center.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Of course whites can be victims of racism. Maybe a less severe type of course but its the same thing. Here in Australia for example, having red hair ( a celtic trait) can lead to all kinds of insults being hurled at you, including "ranga" or orang-utan. Imagine if you compared a dark person with an ape? In Australia, white Australians are called "Skips" by newer immigrants as a derogatory term and I have heard them say that the typical Aussie is a drunk ex convict. I could go on and on. I remember once being ignored and refused service in a café near my college because I did not look ethnic enough like everyone else. I have been called names and insulted by a fellow at work because of my blond hair. He got the sack for something else anyway. I would like to tell you the names that I have been called during my life but I don't think the mods would allow that.
But racial discrimination is only just one form of discrimination. You are discriminated against because of descent; height; appearance; education; clothing; suburb; politics; sex; age; job; religion; preferences; hair; car; intelligence; or whatever and you would not even know. Anyone who has never been discriminated against is one lucky sob.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The group that performs least well in the education system and is least likely to go onto university is white working class boys. I think that we need to address why the system is failing children with these three demographics - and that includes gender, class and the colour of their skin.

I think that it is a problem that within our political system this is likely being seized upon and exploited by organisations such as UKIP.
edit on 25-7-2013 by bedazzle because: wanted to add a point

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

yes , any more questions

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join