It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the secret to everything, but Im not going to tell you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheEgo

Originally posted by tachyonmind
i believe it's self sustaining.

How? Why? Just because you have experienced iterations 53-1034 doesn't automatically imply there is an iteration 2048.

it doesn't imply there isn't one either.. the fact that there are any iterations at all is evidence enough of a self-sustaining process, when looking at an infinite series like mandelbrot.

Originally posted by tachyonmind
our only hope is endless reiteration, just like the mandlebrot set. xD

Why? Is there no hope in completion? Is there only hope in endless perpetual searching? The mandlebrot set goes nowhere. It is always inherently complete. It is only our desire to *see* it that creates the "need" to "subvert" it.

you're over-thinking and over-analysing bro.. my point was that if you're going to say things like "The Mandlebrot set exists "outside" of the re-presentation we offer via an equation, as well as exists "outside" of any re-presentation we offer via visualizations. ." then you're gonna be stuck with reiterations, there is no hope.. xD

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Thank you! Im all better now, but maybe I will vent some more soon!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

I cant wait to watch those! I have to do it a home tough! Did you guys/girls ever watch What The Bleep Do We Know?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yep a small percentage of these forum users are truly schizophrenic. I think it's because of people like that that society looks at "conspiracy theorists" like nutjobs. They associate people trying to warn about government corruption with these type of delusional nutjobs.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
reply to post by tachyonmind

I cant wait to watch those! I have to do it a home tough! Did you guys/girls ever watch What The Bleep Do We Know?

my personal opinion of what the bleep is not favourable.. they misrepresent science and even a few of the scientists involved were unhappy with how they were edited to sound like they support the documentary's findings.. they don't..

richard dawkins' reaction was, "the authors seem undecided whether their theme is quantum theory or consciousness. both are indeed mysterious, and their genuine mystery needs none of the hype with which this film relentlessly and noisily belabours us", concluding that the film is "tosh."

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You forgot to mention the…”I have a reliable source who said…”

And what’s with the people who say they have “new surprising information”, about this, that, or what not in the next day or two, which will blow the roof off the house?

If you have "new suprising info", than spit it out!

Geesh!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Pfft Bad Energy! That cat is loving that monkey rub!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Wrong! It is "Yellow". Geeez

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join