It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston woman says she killed man in self-defense

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

A good shot? She blasts the concrete and accidentally hits the guy.

I don't have a problem with the shooting other than her methods.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It looks like the nice young man in the video was just asking for directions, then she thought she could brandish her weapon like the bully she is and tell him to get away or she'll shoot.

The poor man feared for his life and was standing his ground when he tried to disarm her and like the maniac bully that she was decided to open fire multiple times on him and murder him.
edit on 24-7-2013 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why do people comment without reading the description and/or watching the video? She said she took a picture to prove he had a knife and left because she was scared of his companions.

It's pretty strange she had time to get a rifle out of her trunk, and also pretty strange he continued to harass her (obvious from the video) when she was armed; only a damn fool would have come towards her after that. And there's clearly a slashing motion on his part before she fires.

Good for her (except for the part about firing a weapon near gasoline). One less crazy person on the planet, has everyone gone insane? Who acts like this? What part of 'don't approach strangers in public without being VERY polite' don't people understand?
edit on 24-7-2013 by signalfire because: 'rifle' I stand corrected

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Why do people comment without reading the description and/or watching the video? She said she took a picture to prove he had a knife and left because she was scared of his companions.

It's pretty strange she had time to get a shotgun out of her trunk, and also pretty strange he continued to harass her (obvious from the video) when she was armed; only a damn fool would have come towards her after that. And there's clearly a slashing motion on his part before she fires.

Good for her (except for the part about firing a weapon near gasoline). One less crazy person on the planet, has everyone gone insane? Who acts like this? What part of 'don't approach strangers in public without being VERY polite' don't people understand?

It's a rifle.........

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That video you posted was edited.

They edited out the part where the guy pulls a knife on her and slashes at her.

Im looking for the unedited video, stand bye.
edit on 24-7-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel

That video you posted was edited.

They edited out the part where the guy pulls a knife on her and slashes at her.

Im looking for the unedited video, stand bye.

The one I watched by the other posters seems to be incomplete also. Just showing a few seconds. The news people put their spin on it as usual.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That's a bad part of town in Houston. I believe the University of Houston is near there. That woman has probably had to put up with who knows what from idiots like this thug if she lives or goes to school in the area. If so, having a .22 rifle in her trunk is no surprise.

He's a huge man and if he had a knife out taunting her and verbally scaring her, she had no choice but to protect herself. Why weren't those other men helping her?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yeah, this is the problem with the media. I saw the full video but now that im looking for it there are a lot of edited versions that claim to be raw footage are not and then the media has changed the narrative of the story completely.

What a sad state of affairs.

But no in the original video shows him pull a knife and slash at her and confronts her in a threatening manner. Then she pulls the rifle and points it at his feet, he doesnt back off so she takes a few steps back and pops him.

My apologies. it seems you are getting the wrong story from the media.

ETA: I am looking for the raw video and there is already an ocean of videos that are edited and telling a different story. This is just sad.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Maybe, .. Just maybe the woman has been to prison.

Allot of prisons use guns that shoot wooden bullets.

The object is to shoot the ground and the bullet ricochets and hits the target.

Maybe she forget that she wasn't in prison using wooden bullets.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I believe in self defense and fire arms. I just hope other people don't get into this warning shot mentality. I would say she is really lucky someone else didn't get hit instead.

It would be nice to see minutes of video to see how long the whole event lasted. But a guy wielding a knife is a pretty good source for her to say her life was in danger.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thats what happened. They have twisted the narrative against her so bad. I can see whats already going to happen. The media is going to make it seem that she murdered him in cold blood, when in fact this is an opened and closed case for the police. The guy confronted her and then she grabbed her rifle.

Im going to look through my history for the video see if its still there.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
She was following him around in the store.His friend said he was there for skittles

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There are literally hundreds of videos that have been edited that are circulating around the net right now. Finding the original one will be difficult. But I think I might be able to find it, but I was on a different computer at the time. Will check back later.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is the best I can do right now at 30-31, they edit out where the man come up to her and pulls his knife, notice where he is standing at 31. That is right where he was standing after he tried to slash her with the knife the first time and then he just kinda stands there in the same position she grabs her rifle and aims it at his feet for a few seconds, the man doesn't back off then she backs up and shoots him.

This is so frustrating looking for the original now, I cant find it, but I think it was posted on live leak.
I am so frustrated at this point I think I might call the news stations and ask them to see the raw footage.

By the way this happened on Sunday I believe or Saturday evening so the earliest video post of this is more likely to have the raw footage which is what Im looking for.

On the news the showed the man confront her with the knife, that was ABC channel 13 in Houston but they cut out the graphic part where she shoots at him.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Obviously edited as there are several jumps in the video and it appears there was quite the verbal exchange between the two.

She could have easily gotten in to her car when she was finished pumping gas or gone back inside the store to call police. He was not restraining her in any way that I could see. When she took the time to open her trunk and grab her rifle rather than extricating herself from the situation is when lost "self defense" in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

She could have easily gotten in to her car when she was finished pumping gas or gone back inside the store to call police. He was not restraining her in any way that I could see. When she took the time to open her trunk and grab her rifle rather than extricating herself from the situation is when lost "self defense" in my opinion.

Was she done pumping gas?

Turning your back to remove the pump then walking around the car to get in when a hostile man with friends on the scene isnt really a safe way to retreat.

She could have just run leaving her car there and the pump running I suppose.

She's probably lucky she hit the guy. Warning shots and firing into the ground are almost always crimes even when used to deter a would be assailant.

And what's with so many people out there thinking it's totally acceptable to get in peoples faces and swing knives at them?

"My brother is harmless, he's harmless and he wouldn't have hurt her. He wouldn't have hurt nobody," a man identifying himself as Lewis' brother told KHOU.
Really? REALLY?!?! Friends and family of cretins say this all the time. Crap like "he'd never shoot you" and "the gun wasnt even loaded!" and "he was a good kid!" WTF family. I get you have to stand up for your relatives but jeez.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thats the part of the video you need to see. notice at 30 where the man is standing. This is what got cut out of the video> She walks over to where he is standing, they get in some sort of verbal altercation. The guy pulls out a knife and slashes at her with it. She jumps back and goes back to where she is at 31 with the trunk open, notice where the guy is standing, he already had slashed at her at that point and has now followed her back to her car, notice how he is standing and how confrontational he looks. Thats when the video cuts back in and shows her picking up her rifle out of the trunk.

They edited the video in a way that you dont see her go toe to toe with the guy and she was not by her car she was where he was standing at 30 seconds. She had walked away from her car and came back to the same place she was standing at 30 seconds. So the video makes it appear that she never left the side of her car, which she did.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It appears as though she had already finished pumping the gas, was standing next to her driver side door; hard to tell if it was open, but it looks like she reached in to get her keys so she could get in the trunk. At this point, the guy was well behind the vehicle when she was on the driver's side.

He walked towards her as she walks toward the rear of her vehicle, she opens the trunk and removes her rifle. This entire time words are being exchanged.no audio, it looks like a cell phone capture of a cctv feed.

Rather than walking toward the rear of her vehicle and opening her trunk, why did she mot get in the car and drive away?

There was no one close to her when she left the driver's side of her vehicle.

I hope you can find the original footage.

I see what you're talking about her still pumping, but it is difficult to tell from the angle if the pump is still in the tank when she moves from the drivers side to the trunk
edit on 24-7-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: additional comment

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Notice when she leaves she exits on the right side of the vehicle. She was still pumping gas or the pump was at least still in the vehicle.

That was shown in the other video, not the one I posted.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Upon further review, it would appear as though the pump is still indeed in the tank when she leaves the driver side of her vehicle.

That being said,it would also appear that the swipe he takes at her (in this particular video, there is only one swipe the first mentioned is not shown) is after she points the gun at his feet. Notice how he quickly lifts his left foot, this is possibly in reaction to being shot at and then he takes a swipe at her head.

Need more conclusive video, but it still does not appear that she was restrained or unable to extricate herself from the situation had she desired to do so.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join