It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston woman says she killed man in self-defense

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

A south Houston woman said she was only protecting herself when she fatally shot a man at a service station.

"I didn't intend to hurt or harm anyone. I just went to the gas station to get gas," Shanequia McDonald said on Tuesday.

McDonald told Houston police she shot Lewis Daniel shortly after 7 p.m. Sunday at a Gulf station in the 6800 block of Cullen, between Griggs and the South Loop. The case will go to the Harris County grand jury to decide if any charges will be filed.

On Tuesday, McDonald was at the side of community activist Quanell X.

More at link...

www.chron.com...

Self defense, stand your ground, Quanell X, richochet, this one has it all.

Sounds like self defense but I wonder if the 'warning shoot' will come into play. Doubt if a certain community will be calling her guilty right of the bat.

There is a video from a security camera.

www.theglobaldispatch.com... ense-75586/

edit on 7/24/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I will presume her innocence, this was a service station so there should have been cameras. Even if there were not, a ballistics expert should be able to tell if the bullet did in fact ricochet which should prove her innocence. Until then I'd like to hear more details about the event...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Check out the video tape of the incident..... Crazy and she had a rifle. Can't say I blame her.

Video of incident

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"She tried to walk away. What else was she supposed to do?" Quanell asked. McDonald said she was pumping gas when Daniel, 58, approached her and began making sexual overtures. "He's from around this area but personally, no, I don't know him," she said Tuesday. McDonald said she told the man to leave her alone but he persisted, and then pulled out a knife. "He kept jumping at me with that knife," McDonald said. She told police that she grabbed a rifle from her car when the man continued to threaten her with the blade. McDonald said she fired at the ground, hoping to scare the man off. "She never intended to shoot directly at him," Quanell said. "She didn't know the bullet actually ricocheted and hit him."

Sounds like self-defense to me. Should be interesting to see other reactions.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Why isn't the NRA hyping this? If I was cynical I might say that it doesn't help their "white fright" narrative to market product.

Sounds like a good test for SYG law. I believe it's weakness will be exposed again, but we shall see.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Not to sound racially charged or anything, but from the video, it looks like a Black on Black crime, why would the media care about that????? Where's Rev Al when you need him?
edit on 24-7-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The link with the supposed video isn't. It was on the news in Houston. The camera was a near by car wash.

Shooting the ground at a gas station seems quite reckless though.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
After watching the video, I'm really not sure what to believe... The guy definitely seems to be the agressor, I didn't see a knife just the umbrella and there was no way to tell from the video when the gunshot went off.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What the Hell?

That's Not supposed to happen. She's Black. I am trying to consider all of the angles however, this might turn out to be a race issue. /sarcasm

Definitely looks pretty similar to a self defense issue.

I am telling you now, that woman really knows how to stand her ground. She ain't about to take S[SNIP]T off of no one.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Clear cut case of self defense.

I saw the video surveillance from the gas station. There are two videos. One before the incident inside the gas station where the guy is said to make sexual advances towards her. The second one outside shows him folloew her to her car and approach her. He grabs a knife out of his pocket and tries to slash her. She pulls a rifle from her trunk and points it at his feet. The idiot still doesnt back off so she steps back a few feet and puts a round in him and drives off.

All this shows is what a hypocrite quarrel x and his black panther goon squad is. He should have been arrested already for inciting riots in Houston last week.

He claims that the Zimmerman shooting was a clear cut injustice in our judicial system and the stand your ground law doesnt apply. Then a few days later says that this black woman stood her ground and he supports stand your ground in this case.

Can you say hypocrite?

Arrest this guy already for inciting riots. And making threats to uniformed police officers.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What is weird is she takes pictures and drives off.

If the guy had a knife I think she walks on the shooting. She's a trained marksman ain't she

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
'Sure Shot' there is lucky she didn't kill some other customer instead of the 'attacker'. She is standing right next to the guy. Surprised he didn't disarm her.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

She told police that she grabbed a rifle from her car when the man continued to threaten her with the blade.

McDonald said she fired at the ground, hoping to scare the man off.

Why didn't she get in the car and leave?

Seems like that she could also be charged under this code:

PENAL CODE

TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCY

CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;
(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
(9) discharges a firearm on or across a public road;

source

Stand your ground doesn't mean you get to get yourself out of danger and come back...
edit on 24-7-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: she , not he

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Two weapons involved, aggravation, case closed. Move along.

Maybe she was racially profiling him.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
She didn't just shoot this guy in self defense, from news reports, she turned him into swiss cheese.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Stand your ground doesn't mean you get to get yourself out of danger and come back...

Looks really close to that, doesn't it. The lady needs to be protected but that whole firearm handling incident is scary.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It would have been one thing had she been cornered with no way to escape or if had her pinned on the ground, but she had time to get the rifle from her trunk, menace him with it and fire a "warning shot" into the ground at his feet.

My device won't display the video linked above, but from the descriptions it seems as though she had other options.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
GUILTY!
GUILTYGUILTYGUILTY!

According to AG Eric Holder, it is your DUTY to retreat when threatened!

She didn't retreat.

Lock her up and throw away the key. Then throw away the lock. Then throw rocks at her. After that, call her goldfish insulting names. Like Carl. (they hate that)

Because we should all do what the government tells us to do!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

"She left for her own safety. She was afraid that some of those who were sitting with (Daniel) were going to harm her," Quanell said"

So I wonder why she just didn't leave in the first place.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

'Sure Shot' there is lucky she didn't kill some other customer instead of the 'attacker'. She is standing right next to the guy. Surprised he didn't disarm her.

Ok so she was not supposed to use her weapon for self defense in this case?

Cant blame her for being a good shot and by the way nobody else got hurt.

You folks cant have it both ways.

You thought that folks would be up in arms because she was black, well they are not and now you're flip flopping on the subject. Please make up your mind or quit trolling.

Thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join