It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Military Industrial Complex? Friend of Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
I read last week that we had supplied arms to Syria.

...and now we are thinking of arming the Syrian rebels.

That's the way to do it

We're not fussy to who we sell weapons to. Cameron was visiting despots with a group of arms dealers during the Arab spring.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Your kidding right?

Our (the UK) Government is the worst Israel supporter there is, I mean it was kind of our fault for finalising the land settlement which created Israel in the first place. The BBC (which lets be honest now, is just the Ministry of Propaganda) does its utmost to try and block any talk about Palestine and the human rights abuses, and will defend Israel's actions both domestic and internationally without giving us any of the facts.

Take as a for instance the UK's insistence that Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation, a stance which as of last week the whole of the EU does now. It doesn't matter that the creation of the Israel state has been the biggest reason for on-going hostilities in the Middle East since the fifties, Israel as far as our Government is concerned can do no wrong.

I'm not going to go into the details because I don't want to start getting accused of being an anti-Semite, but you have to seriously question who has been in charge of this and other countries for a very long time and question why history panned out the way it has.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
We give them so much and sell them the rest. Then why does the FBI have to raid on e of there businesses here in the US? Because they are not our friends. And just think with all those big numbers in dollars but there is only 6 million of them.

www.utsandiego.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The whole tome of the article ( in the independant) was the amount of arms we sell to regimes with questionable human rights.

I remember reading a story that we sold water cannons to Libya but insisted they should only be used for defence ( and not on their own people). Aye, OK...who's going to go to war with water cannons?

But you're right, we will sell arms to probably anyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I came across some interesting numbers today that I thought I’d share. It seems our friends across the pond in Britain, whose citizens are often the most vocal critics of US relationship with Israel, have a bit of a ‘numbers discrepancy’ with regard to weapons exports. It turns out Britain might have its own secretive Military Industrial Complex.

Data published in a new report from the House of Commons in London states the value of all British military exports to Israel currently being processed comes to £7.9 billion ($12.1 billion).

This data was supplied by Vince Cable, Britain’s business secretary, who oversees the weapons trade.

A subtle difference is that UK companies sell weapons to Israel.

The USA gives weapons to Israel effectively for free at the US taxpayers expense. Weapons the UK would have to pay full retail for. If Israel had to buy everything on the open market with its own funds they would not be the regional power they are.

With regards to the UK defence industry. Its one of the few competitive industries we still have and i'll make no apologies for it. Plenty others waiting to fill the market if we stop.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Originally posted by seabag
I came across some interesting numbers today that I thought I’d share. It seems our friends across the pond in Britain, whose citizens are often the most vocal critics of US relationship with Israel, have a bit of a ‘numbers discrepancy’ with regard to weapons exports. It turns out Britain might have its own secretive Military Industrial Complex.

Data published in a new report from the House of Commons in London states the value of all British military exports to Israel currently being processed comes to £7.9 billion ($12.1 billion).

This data was supplied by Vince Cable, Britain’s business secretary, who oversees the weapons trade.

A subtle difference is that UK companies sell weapons to Israel.

The USA gives weapons to Israel effectively for free at the US taxpayers expense. Weapons the UK would have to pay full retail for. If Israel had to buy everything on the open market with its own funds they would not be the regional power they are.

With regards to the UK defence industry. Its one of the few competitive industries we still have and i'll make no apologies for it. Plenty others waiting to fill the market if we stop.

I'd agree if it was any other country but Israel we were selling to.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Britain and US gave birth to Zionist Israel

I would be surprised if they didn't give them weapons
edit on 24-7-2013 by Jumadax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is old news.

Here is an article from 3 years ago when BAE Systems was the largest arms dealer in the world.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So Britons…how does it feel to know your government is the second biggest exporter of weapons in the world?

It certainly comes as no surprise to me.....and it shouldn't be a shock for anyone else who likes to delve a little deeper than the usual dross MSM dishes up.

UK arms dealers have sold their products, either directly or indirectly, to nearly every questionable regime or administration throughout the world.

It's rumoured that we supplied arms to both Iran and Iraq during their war, most African dictators, several Asian nations and most Arabian country's.
Mark Thatcher brokered the deal to supply literally billions of pounds worth of weaponry to Saudi Arabia and General Pinochet amongst other's.

Bearing in mind that both the UK and USA have a history of backing both sides in armed disputes and the links between certain Jewish families and UK banking and business institutions etc it really is no shock at all.

I recognise that many people depend on the arms industry for their livelihoods but I can't help being more than just a little disgusted at the thought of the suffering caused due to this trade.

The duplicitous nature of all those involved is hardly a shock either.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

lol the U.S attacked Iraq claiming it had chemical weapons etc it did have becouse the U.S sold them to Saddam the reason the government claimed they never found them is becouse they had made in USA on them lol.

Correction...the US, Britain, and a dozen other member countries of the "coalition of the willing" attacked Iraq. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Don't attack US when your country is just as culpable.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I agree with other UK posters, this should hardly be surprising, strategically, Israel is considered essential to British trade, for starters. The only real difference in US and UK policy is that we will just as quickly switch sides if the tide turns towards Palestine. We don't care who is in charge, just so long as they will play ball with us. Our lot are great at keeping both sides sweet, until the cards fall.

However, US/UK, it is all the same, it is not about national borders or territorialism, it is about trade and economies. Nor is not about who is the worst, the UK or the US, it is about we, the collateral damage, and them, the players in the board and cabinet rooms. The rest is just subterfuge.

Middlemen handle most of the arms deals, and they take their payments from multiple sources, often for single deals. They are shipped from one country, paid for by another as often as not. The 'official' sales are just for show. Just take Irangate and the role BCCI played in that. BCCI may not exist anymore, but I doubt very much they just stopped that kind of behaviour, they simply moved the financing elsewhere.

However, on 1 May 1987, Leslie Aspin went to his solicitors and signed an affidavit in which he told a detailed story of his involvement with North.

He also claimed that the US was paying for it through the BCCI bank, which it knew was a centre for international money-laundering. He claimed that Ian Gow, the late Parliamentary Private Secretary to Margaret Thatcher, acted as the British government's representative in the deals. Aspin knew Gow well enough to have his unlisted telephone number.

The affidavit was impressive in its detail. For instance, Aspin quoted the number of an account at the Paris branch of BCCI in the name of Devon Island, one of the front companies used in Irangate. Loftus and Aarons say that Aspin could not have known such details unless he was working, as he claimed, both for the Reagan White House and for British intelligence.

The Tower Commission reported that the first arms sale to Iran took place in 1985 at the initiative of the Israeli government. Loftus and Aarons contend that the idea of trading guns for hostages was hatched in the office of Vice-President George Bush in 1984 and that the first sale took place in July that year. Aspin was the British involvement in the deal: he arranged it.

www.independent.co.uk...

BCCI was not squeamish about dealing with disreputable clients. It frequently handled money for dictators such as Saddam Hussein, Manuel Noriega, Hussain Mohammad Ershad and Samuel Doe.[8] Other account holders included the Medellin Cartel and Abu Nidal.

The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency held numerous accounts at BCCI, according to William von Raab, former U.S. Commissioner of Customs. Oliver North also used and held multiple accounts at BCCI. These bank accounts were used for a variety of illegal covert operations, including transfers of money and weapons related to the Iran-Contra scandal, according to Time Magazine.[9] The CIA also worked with BCCI in arming and financing the Afghan mujahideen during the Afghan War against the Soviet Union, using BCCI to launder proceeds from trafficking heroin grown in the Pakistan-Afghanistan borderlands, boosting the flow of narcotics to European and U.S. markets. [3]

The US intelligence agencies used BCCI to funnel drug money to Afghan Mujahideen in their fight against Soviet invasion and to insurgents such as Nicaraguan Contras.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
reply to post by Knobby

lol the U.S attacked Iraq claiming it had chemical weapons etc it did have becouse the U.S sold them to Saddam the reason the government claimed they never found them is becouse they had made in USA on them lol.

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night. As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran. The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms. They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

edit on 24-7-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

Some nice cognitive dissonance there really

Wikipedia's article on Iraq's WMDs gives a good rundown of the international contributions: All told, 52% of Iraq's international chemical weapon equipment was of German origin. Around 21% of Iraq’s international chemical weapon equipment was French. About 100 tons of mustard gas also came from Brazil. The United Kingdom paid for a chlorine factory that was intended to be used for manufacturing mustard gas An Austrian company gave Iraq calutrons for enriching uranium. The nation also provided heat exchangers, tanks, condensers, and columns for the Iraqi chemical weapons infrastructure, 16% of the international sales. Singapore gave 4,515 tons of precursors for VX, sarin, tabun, and mustard gasses to Iraq. The Dutch gave 4,261 tons of precursors for sarin, tabun, mustard, and tear gasses to Iraq. Egypt gave 2,400 tons of tabun and sarin precursors to Iraq and 28,500 tons of weapons designed for carrying chemical munitions. India gave 2,343 tons of precursors to VX, tabun, Sarin, and mustard gasses. Luxemburg gave Iraq 650 tons of mustard gas precursors. Spain gave Iraq 57,500 munitions designed for carrying chemical weapons. In addition, they provided reactors, condensers, columns and tanks for Iraq’s chemical warfare program, 4.4% of the international sales. China provided 45,000 munitions designed for chemical warfare.

jarrarsupariver.blogspot.com...

And really sit there trying to blame the US ?

Really?
edit on 24-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
This reaffirms my belief that the relationship between Israel, United States and Britain is a very interesting, complex, convoluted, politicizing and down right cloak and dagger one, stemming from the uncertainty of a post WW2 world.

Quoted for truth and to reiterate an interesting aspect that many dont know....

Originally posted by neo96
What ?

Oh come on the middle east has a lot of countries 'stirring that pot' starting off with Saudi Arabia, and Iran playing Pinky and the Brain plotting to take over the world.

Quoted for truth and to reiterate an interesting aspect many here hide their heads in the sand about...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

British Military Industrial Complex? Friend of Israel ,

Have you checked if Jews hold influence over Britain?
It might be the reason why it appears that the British Military Industrial Complex is a friend of Israel.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

British Military Industrial Complex? Friend of Israel ,

Have you checked if Jews hold influence over Britain?
It might be the reason why it appears that the British Military Industrial Complex is a friend of Israel.

Is the pope Catholic?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
despite american belief britan was the main benefactor in the building of the state of isreal, due in part to jewish terrorist group lehi.
americans really should do there homework.
checkout the british mandatory of palestine then read on.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NateHatred

Also what is with the strange obsession that the British (not generalizing) have with Israel?
You know, with the British Israelism movement and all?

Why would groups of Caucasians make the bizarre claim they are actually descendants of a bunch of middle eastern tribes?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NateHatred

Also what is with the strange obsession that the British (not generalizing) have with Israel?
You know, with the British Israelism movement and all?

Why would groups of Caucasians make the bizarre claim they are actually descendants of a bunch of middle eastern tribes?

because it gives them a divine license to start a bunch of crap as
"the chosen ones".

The influential found out a long time ago that religion can be used to control people but the true divine authority will use this to make an example of how people do this... and that warning was right in front of us all along.

Those warnings are coming to fruition right in front of us and if you consider that Zionist war mongers truly believe they have a right to be there and have not been used as an elite pawn... you know they must have a screw loose.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Israeli security budget for 2013 is roughly $13 Billion.
Are you saying that $12 Billion of that budget is spent on arms import from the UK ?
I mean common, do the math. This is absurd in every aspect you look at this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join