It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders $1 million returned to exotic dancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Judge orders $1 million returned to exotic dancer

gma.yahoo.com

A federal judge has ruled that Nebraska cops must return over $1 million confiscated at a traffic stop from a woman who saved the money $1 at a time during her 15 year career as an exotic dancer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Poor woman. Worked her butt off in not the nicest of places and the cops thought they had just bought themselves some new cruisers and new battle gear. I am so sick of corruption and the new "uniformed revenue collectors". I wonder how long it will take her to get her money back? How much you wanna bet they drag it out....

Yeah sure...."Oh it might have been drug money" but we all know there was more than upstanding legal intent here. I bet the cops were jizzing their drawers...

Goose stepping Neo Gestapo is what we have today...welcome to the 4th Reich

gma.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7/24/2013 by Damian65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Already posted, discussion here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It certainly is pretty irritating that having large sums of cash is considered a crime by many police. Just because many criminals end up with large sums of cash laying around should not give the police reasonable suspicion to confiscate it and tear your car/house apart.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My bad....sorry. I still have not figured out this search thingy.

Mods please delete...merge....whatever it is you do...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian65

Your link doesn't work.

Has anyone even bothered to read the story?

www.dailymail.co.uk... y.html

The stripper wasn't even in the car at the time. Her friends were driving with the cash that she gave them 2 days prior to the stop. She asked them to transport the cash in a car from California to New Jersey.

Here's the thing. She says she made the money "One Dollar at a time". That's figuratively speaking and we all know it. The cash that was found was all 100 dollar bills. She didn't make the money 100 dollars at a time either. Drug sniffing dogs that were brought out after the stop detected narcotics. During the past year, the dancer in question submitted proof to the courts in Nebraska via tax returns, that the amount of money is legitimate and hers. The money that was found was a laundered version of the original. And the dryer sheets were probably an inside joke among the people doing the laundering, because they knew the woman wouldn't get it.

Are things staring to not make sense? Good. That means you're paying attention. There's a picture of the dancer in the link I'm providing. She doesn't look like a coke head. Makeup can't hide an emaciated look. Yes, she made that amount of money in the time she claims and she proved that. But that doesn't make her smart, because she obviously isn't. Anyone can launder money, it's not rocket science, but since the money was legitimate there was no need to except to make sure that it could all fit in the trunk. One million dollars in various small bills is not going to fit in the trunk of a car. .At least not easily.

The driver and the passenger told the officer that there was nothing illegal in the car. They didn't lie because they didn't know any better. Actually, the only thing that was illegal were the traces of drugs that come part and parcel with laundered cash. The dancer put the money in the trunk without telling the drivers exactly what was going on or what happened up to that point. All they knew was that the money was going to be used for a business transaction in Jersey. That was also proven to be true. Everything about this story is legitimate except for the money laundering part. That alone is what made everything else appear to be shady, and it was unnecessary. They say there was 1 million and 74 thousand dollars. (Give or take few thousand) She could just as easily have kept the money originally as she earned it, chartered a private plane or 3 to take her and her money to Jersey. Something tells me that wouldn't have cost 74 thousand dollars.

I'm glad the woman got her money back. In my opinion, she needs to stay out of the nightclub business though. She comes across as being a bit naive.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This story is already posted in the breaking news section.

LINK HERE

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Already posted, discussion here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join