It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Facebook Post About George Zimmerman Verdict

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

the only reason they went after him was because of his comment about cops... had he just said white people or zimmerman i doubt they would have gone after them.

they only take care of their own.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Agitating for social justice I see. You could call Jasmine Rand. I think she'd give you a job doing it.

Anyway, as others have said here, it was his statement about cops got him arrested.
edit on 25-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Threats in social media should be taken more seriously than threats just casually mentioned in passing conversations in bars etc.

When you put comments in social media, you're putting those comments in writing, in a forum where many, many more people will hear about them.

I think we can expect arrests for uttering threats in social media to increase. People seem to think that whatever they put on twitter or facebook is "just joking" but given the nature of social media, the joke doesn't always come through and posts need to be taken literally.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Originally posted by muse7
Pretty damn sure if it had been a white person that had been arrested for making the same kind of derogatory and threatening remarks against Black people...you would be crying freedom of speech.

And by the way I'm white. But it's pretty easy to spot a bigot when I see one.

I don't know anywhere in this country it's legal to use death threats against people and use the banner of freedom of speech, obviously it wasn't because it was against white people (we hear that everyday), only because it was against cops is why he got arrested....

really?... that GOP woman running for senator in Nevada last fall, threatened 2nd amendment remedies, apparently she has freedom of speech to threaten to shoot someone....and I just Googled "2nd amendment remedies" and there is site after site where right-wingers are threatening to kill people
edit on 25-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I never said I knew you...I'm just going by what I see when you post. and I'm 99.9% sure you would be crying and complaining if it had been a white person that had been arrested for making the same kind of remarks.

You think police departments are afraid to action against people who threaten white people?

Link

Things aren’t getting any better for a 19-year-old video gamer who has been locked up since March for the remarks he made over Facebook.

Did he get on here and cry Freedom of speech for this case??? If not then perhaps your per-determined judgement is flawed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
Well, its about time at least one police dept isnt afraid to take action against these thugs threats against whites.

Check out his post, his grammar

BLAC N****S CNT GET NO TYPE OF JUSTICE FUCCIN WIT DESE CRACCER'S #KILLALL WHITES DATS DA TYPE OF S**T I'M ON F**K DIS BEEF S**T LET'S KILL COPS ND NEIGHBO RHOOD WATCHER #FACTS DAT

The reason the above grammar is so bad, if you don't already know this, is because he is in the Crips gang. In the Crip gang lifestyle, you're not allowed ( or not supposed to ) use CK in the same word, because to the Blood gang CK represents " Crip Killer " . You're also not supposed to use B's either if i'm not mistaken.

I know a bunch of crap huh? I just felt some sort of duty to point that out since I studied gang culture. Anyway, The whole Zimmerman trial was a joke. If you ask me, Zimmerman should face SOME kind of justice for being a wanna be cop who used bad judgement. A little cop thug, I bet he was jamming 2 pac when the whole thing went down.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Pretty damn sure if it had been a white person that had been arrested for making the same kind of derogatory and threatening remarks against Black people...you would be crying freedom of speech.

And by the way I'm white. But it's pretty easy to spot a bigot when I see one.

Hey man, dont you know this by now? Never judge a book by it's color. I mean cover.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Judging by his grammar and racism,he'll fit right in while in jail.

I would like to also add this,the grammar and spelling of people these days is an epidemic of stupidity on a huuuuge level.
I am willing to bet that all of his friends are the same way.....ignorant.

Oh, here is something I'd like to point out to you while we're on the subject of grammar. Always use space after a comma.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by faust833

Just great an organization that promotes drugs, guns, and various other things yet has rules against proper grammar.

They aspire to retardation.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

....no. threatening to KILL people is different than derogatory comments. it is the verbally specified intent to violate the rights of another.

if zimmerman got jail time, and a white person was like "frickin kids think they can do whatever they want, they'll pay. #shoot up a school" i would support their arrest too.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by faust833

Well that is interesting. If true, that would tell a lot more about this guys character and activities.
I was wondering what was up with the "cc" where there shouldve been a "ck"
edit on 25-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Actually, it won't be held up as freedom of speech as not all speech is free. In Brandenburg v. Ohio, the supreme court found that, if the speech being made is directly inciting violence and and likely to incite imminent lawless action (riots, mob w/ pitchforks), then the speech is unprotected.

#KILLALL WHITES DATS DA TYPE OF S**T I'M ON F**K DIS BEEF S**T LET'S KILL COPS ND NEIGHBO RHOOD WATCHER #FACTS DAT

Is it directly inciting violence? Yep. "Kill all" and "let's kill" are definitely attempts to incite violence. In terms of likelihood, the timing of the statement (very angry groups of people immediately post a "not guilty") would definitely fall under the "likely to incite imminent lawless action". There is no way in hell that that is going to be considered protected free speech.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

Originally posted by butcherguy
Is the 'DIS BEEF" in his threat supposed to be 'disbelief'?

Wow.
edit on 24-7-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

If I may translate for you, (I speak jive).

"F--- dis beef S---, lets kill cops"
means enough talk, it's time for action!
edit on 24-7-2013 by tanda7 because: correction

+1 for the "Airplane" reference. I
'd

To further clarify for my saltine brethren, "beef" is slang for disagreement, or arguing.

"Yo, you got beef, son?" would roughly translate to "Sir, do you have a problem with me?"

Back to the issue at hand. To me this is one of those slightly tricky issues. I don't think it's always clear, to everyone, where free speech should begin and end. The law is even somewhat ambiguous on this issue. Threats of violence or inciting a crime are clearly illegal. But who decides what is what? I've seen people on this site subtly (and not so subtly) advocate for violent revolution and/or overthrow of the government. Does that count?

Here's another question (and it is truly that-- not an argument in disguise): If this man framed his statement in more grammatically correct and eloquent wording, would it be viewed the same? What if he threw in another word or two to distance himself from the intent?

ie: "maybe someone should...."

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by tanda7

So these people won't speak English and are proud of their ignorance, and they'll threaten to mass murder people based on race, but then they'll complain that they can't get ahead in life or can't get a good paying job or that whitey is holding them down .. etc etc ...

I hope you realize the fact that you used the phrase "these people," especially in the context that follows, makes you sound horrendously racist.

Who are "these people" to you? Blacks?

Perhaps you should be a little more clear about who you're identifying with "these people." Not all minorities speak like that. Not all poor people speak like that.

To add some additional context: The white man who owns some media companies uses that money to promote the most ignorant sounding of minorities into celebrity positions, glorifying a violent, ignorant, greedy, petty, shallow, criminal ghetto lifestyle and way of behavior (meanwhile there are many who would advocate knowledge and the elevation of consciousness, who are overlooked for the next loudest, most ignorant example). "Whitey" puts these people on albums and TV and magazine covers for all the little brown kids to look up to, meanwhile cutting funding to inner city schools, setting up a liquor store on every corner, using television, both fictional and news, to perpetuate these stereotypes and ideas about behavior-- and then we get to point to them, and say "see? they're beasts and we're justified in our hatred of them."

Maybe it's just me, but in some ways it really seems like the system is rigged.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I know how to spot a bleeding heart liberal too.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

There was a couple of grammarical issues like those should have been them but at least you got the drift. Working people of all RACES ARE TIRED.!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

How did that dude ever pass an English final??

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There are times when the police state is amusing, and some idiot posting that is one of those times.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You can't go around threatening people or the police on the internet. What a moron. Guess they better start arresting all the Gangsta Rappers that threaten Police in their lyrics then. Lead singer of Sublime too! Oh wait, he's deceased. My apologies.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join