It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Facebook Post About George Zimmerman Verdict

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Everyone gets mad about the "profiling" that happens... Well, what's ironic is that gang bangers profile each other every day shooting each other without question if you wear the wrong color or are standing on the wrong street corner... I'm sure these gang members don't have rival gang facebooks to go off of... So it would seem that the profiling that all these Trayvon supporters are basing their arguments off of happen daily in those same neighborhoods among their own people.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Originally posted by muse7
Pretty damn sure if it had been a white person that had been arrested for making the same kind of derogatory and threatening remarks against Black people...you would be crying freedom of speech.

And by the way I'm white. But it's pretty easy to spot a bigot when I see one.

The person arrested was done so because making terrorist threats against several millions people is a felony in New York...white, black or green. Plain and simple.

Throwing around words like bigot and implying racism on the OP's part based on your opinion of his response is a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

I would have your bigot radar checked out as it seems to be picking up false readings.

By the way how does your skin's pigment come into play in this conversation?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You think police departments are afraid to action against people who threaten white people?

Well, lets see.. This is the only one thats made the news out of the THOUSANDS that were tweeted, retweeted and posted on facebook over the last two weeks.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

A full translation for anyone who is having trouble;

"BLAC N****S CNT GET NO TYPE OF JUSTICE FUCCIN WIT DESE CRACCER'S #KILLALL WHITES DATS DA TYPE OF S**T I'M ON F**K DIS BEEF S**T LET'S KILL COPS ND NEIGHBO RHOOD WATCHER #FACTS DAT"

translates to;

"By golly, young african-americans are not going to be dealt with fairly when they are dealing with caucasions, and I say we should murder all caucasions. This is my message to you, darn it. Enough talk, it's time for action, and by that I mean we should murder law enforcement officers and any members of a neighborhood watch.
I declare this statement to be true."

edit on 24-7-2013 by tanda7 because: quotations

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

So these people won't speak English and are proud of their ignorance, and they'll threaten to mass murder people based on race, but then they'll complain that they can't get ahead in life or can't get a good paying job or that whitey is holding them down .. etc etc ...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It all comes down to personal responsibility. This isn't a black issue though, it's a stupid and insecure person issue. Unfortunately there is a stigma in low income areas (which happen to be primarily black) where intelligence is looked down upon So these idiots turn around and instead of blaming their attitudes and themselves look elsewhere.

It's kind of funny how these people celebrate ignorance, but if you call them out on it they get all offended. Heck most of them can't even correctly use the word ignorant. Does anyone else find it funny that when someone calls a person ignorant when they are rude to that someone, that someone is in fact being ignorant?
edit on 24-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So they DO teach Ebonics in inner-city schools.... Nice to know! So, when my kid goes to HS they will have the options of Spanish, German, French, and Ebonics.. Gotta appreciate the language diversity we're seeing today.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Where is June Cleaver when you need her?
Maybe we should flash the Beaver signal!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

BLAC N****S CNT GET NO TYPE OF JUSTICE FUCCIN WIT DESE CRACCER'S #KILLALL WHITES DATS DA TYPE OF S**T I'M ON F**K DIS BEEF S**T LET'S KILL COPS ND NEIGHBO RHOOD WATCHER #FACTS DAT

Can someone translate

"By golly, young african-americans are not going to be dealt with fairly when they are dealing with caucasions, and I say we should murder all caucasions. This is my message to you, darn it. Enough talk, it's time for action, and by that I mean we should murder law enforcement officers and any members of a neighborhood watch. I declare this statement to be true."

Thanks tanda
edit on 24-7-2013 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

Originally posted by butcherguy
Is the 'DIS BEEF" in his threat supposed to be 'disbelief'?

Wow.
edit on 24-7-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Maybe he's the beef that Clara Peller's been looking for all that time?

are ya trying to make her spin in her grave and throw up???

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by tanda7

So these people won't speak English and are proud of their ignorance, and they'll threaten to mass murder people based on race, but then they'll complain that they can't get ahead in life or can't get a good paying job or that whitey is holding them down .. etc etc ...

I think you have summed it up quite nicely.
Values have been turned upside down in some communities. Good grades, jobs, moral behavior etc. are punished with ridicule or worse. While deviant behavior is celebrated and "respected".
It's fairly easy to identify the symptoms, but what should be done about it?

ETA I just realized I miss-spelled caucasians twice in my translation.

edit on 24-7-2013 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Pretty damn sure if it had been a white person that had been arrested for making the same kind of derogatory and threatening remarks against Black people...you would be crying freedom of speech.

And by the way I'm white. But it's pretty easy to spot a bigot when I see one.

You dont know me at all so you cant say what I would be "crying for." Lol, already with the bigot label.
Get some new material "muse7"

I never said I knew you...I'm just going by what I see when you post. and I'm 99.9% sure you would be crying and complaining if it had been a white person that had been arrested for making the same kind of remarks.

You think police departments are afraid to action against people who threaten white people?

What does this have to do with the OP? It's soo easy for people to lose any sort of credibility in their argument, and you just did.

On topic:
I can't believe that someone would be soo stupid to actually post a threat on FB. Against the police. Or anyone for that matter. Today's kids hey? We see it lots here on ATS as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Another product of our fine public education systems!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What I'm about to say is a slippery slope, I know but I believe it too be true. The facebook post in question, however idiotic, poorly written and offensive is and probably will be upheld as freedom of speech.

I can point you too about 1 million rap songs that reference violence and killing police, I can point you too 1 million more that defame women and even encourage rape. None of those authors were arrested for their lyrics.

The threats in that post are non descript, they do not mention any particular person nor do they go so far as to get muddled in conspiracy to commit a crime or incitement of violence. It was a stupid post made by an ignorant person but sadly, it's not a crime or at least...... It shouldn't be.

A real crime was committed by the group that placed a reward on Zimmerman's head. That is a real threat against a specific person with specific intent, a punishable crime.

If you are on the other side of the fence than me, I understand but be careful what you wish for and keep in mind just how important free speech is to a free country. Our first Amendment is invaluable and even idiots like the guy who made that facebook post need protection.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Even if I disagree with his statement and I agree that he's a total idiot, I also think he won't do any jail time or get convicted.

He has freedom of speech and as you stated, if his lawyer is any good he'll bring up the rap songs and the various other, far worse calls to violence that exist on the internet and other media.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I immediately thought of this article when I looked through your thread.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You don't think he'll see jail time?

Seems like they're raking this kid over the coals for basically the same thing

rt.com...

"Without getting into the really nasty details, he's had concussions, black eyes, moved four times from base for his own protection," Jack Carter told NPR. "He's been put in solitary confinement, nude, for days on end because he's depressed. All of this is extremely traumatic to this kid. This is a horrible experience."

he's even getting special attention from the other inmates.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yeah that kid.

They released him as far as I know and the charges are most likely going to get dropped. That's a whole different case though, he was arrested for uttering a terrorist threat, which has Patriot Act rules, not just the regular ones for making threads against police etc..

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Out on Bail after an anonymous donation. 50k to get out.

He still faces trial some time next year according to this;
clicky
bad taste? yes.

should have the book thrown at them? Probably not.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Lysergic because: url being weird

edit on 24-7-2013 by Lysergic because: retardation

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Out on Bail after an anonymous donation. 50k to get out.

He still faces trial some time next year according to this;
clicky
bad taste? yes.

should have the book thrown at them? Probably not.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Lysergic because: url being weird

edit on 24-7-2013 by Lysergic because: retardation

Honestly, he is lucky he got bail at all under our current level of tyranny. They could have held him indefinitely within the confines of law provided by the NDAA depriving him of a speedy trial or basically any of the other rights afforded by the Constitution.

The Patriot Act (Infuriates me it is called this) and the NDAA are in direct conflict with the Constitution. In wording, in spirit and in provable case law. They have not been taken all the way to task on the legality of these issues because they haven't pissed off the wrong people with them yet but I would say we are getting closer to getting the patriot bill scrapped all together in the near future because it is about the most UNpatriotic set of laws I have ever seen.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join