It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Satanism, the philosophy of Might Makes Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by liliththedestroyer
tikaboo.com...
Let me know if you can read this.

Yes I can. Nice link! Many thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
The thing is however that seeing them in recent documentaries doesn't really make them seem unpleasant at all.
Nevertheless, they are the first people to say that it's not for everyone.

Hitler did seemed charismatic and pleasant at first. I Do agree that LaVey may have very good intention. My critic is more directed about a long-term result of some aspects of his philosophy. It is, after all, philosophies which dictates politics.

There's also a not very surprising history of splits and infighting, and some did try to combine the philosophy with Nazism (although that was never the position of LaVey).

I trust his word on this. One would have to be insane to combine with nazism (and advertise it on public above all)... and though I disagree with LaVey, I gotta admit he's very intelligent, and thoughtful. I would expect his philosophy to be independent from most others.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by swanne

"Do as tho wilt."
-Anton LaVey

Uhm... Aleister Crowley coined that phrase, not Anton LaVey.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Hey, you're right!

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

-Aleister Crowley

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Simple research shows that the Pentagram, an obvious satanic symbol, has actually been used since medieval times. Under a few different names, the Pentagram has always meant to symbolize "truth". Sorry Jesus, but ive learned more under Satan than you.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

No disagreement, except that LaVey seems to be referred to in the present tense.
Anton LaVey passed away in 1997.
His chances of becoming a Hitler-type figure are thus very much diminished.

Of course, ideas can live on.
But I don't think The Satanic Bible will ever have the same impact as it did on dreamy-eyed East Coast philosophies in 1969.
The whole hippie generation was all about "love", and although LaVey mentions the churches, he also mentions the hypocrisy of "white magic" and a whole bunch of "smelly oil" super-naturalism that he finds just as vapid.
In a way he foretold that despite all the love-in optimism and gurus man's darker nature exists.

In that context it was a slap of realism.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by r666evolution
Simple research shows that the Pentagram, an obvious satanic symbol, has actually been used since medieval times. Under a few different names, the Pentagram has always meant to symbolize "truth". Sorry Jesus, but ive learned more under Satan than you.

Not medieval. The pentagram has five stars, Earth Water Air FIre and Spirit, and was started by Pythagoras, the Greek philosopher who inspired freemasonry and rosicruscianism. (Wikipedia)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" not "Might Makes right" then you are talking some places in the East.
They are hedonists of the Crowley bent.
The real Satanists are hidden Globalists,because if we knew ALL the facts we have to kill them.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForbiddenDesire

Metaphorically speaking: I think some sort of antichrist may be the one that saves us. It will be the people that will save themselves, but he will show them the path.

I believe you are referring to the fact that the antichrist is the one that shows us what is wrong, and thus, saves us in a way, am I right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join