It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul republicans Leading the Fight Against the NSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Hero) is leading the charge Edward Snowden’s sacrifice was not in vain – because many thousands in the United States are rising to take up the battle he started. And they mean to win.

We know this amendment to defund the NSA is good especially since the white house has issued a statement against it and they are in caboots euth speaker boehner who has also spoken out against it. Glad we have at least some politicians doing meaningful work in dc. Justin Amash also takes the time to [constitutionally] explain every vote he makes on his Facebook page.

I read an article that claims Justin Amash even getting a vote on this amendment makes him a powerful force to be reckoned with in congress. Now imagine if the amendment passes...it might even start a chain reaction. The head of the NsA shelf a secret meeting with congress to push back on this, the establishment is scared.

See the Amash NSA amendment fact sheet here:
amash.house.gov...

original.antiwar.com...

At the head of the libertarian army that’s storming the gates of the Leviathan: Rep. Justin Amash (R-Michigan), a Ron Paul Republican who won his congressional seat in 2010, and has been in the vanguard of Washington’s young libertarian Turks ever since. And now he has the statist Establishment of both parties fuming, with his amendment to the 2014 defense appropriations bill, the LIBERT-E Act, (H.R. 2399, the Limiting Internet and Blanket Electronic Review of Telecommunications and Email Act) which would outlaw the National Security Agency’s data dragnet, amending the Patriot Act to limit data collection to specific US citizens under active investigation.

edit on 24-7-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Cant say that Ron Paul hasnt tried year after year after year.

I think this may have been one of this best pieces of legislation, a law which states that the government cannot do anything which is illegal for the average citizen.

Of-course, without question, it was voted down.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Would someone mind informing me how they plan to enforce restrictions on agencies like the NSA?

Does this mean we need to create new agencies just to police the old agencies? And in a few years, a new agency to police the police?

I probably sound cynical right now.

But really I'm just curious because I don't see any clear cut ways to solve this specific problem.
Not at this point after all of this equipment has been developed, manufactured, and distributed. And new stuff is invented all the time which improves hacking abilities etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Would someone mind informing me how they plan to enforce restrictions on agencies like the NSA?

Does this mean we need to create new agencies just to police the old agencies? And in a few years, a new agency to police the police?

But really I'm just curious because I don't see any clear cut ways to solve this specific problem.
Not at this point after all of this equipment has been developed, manufactured, and distributed. And new stuff is invented all the time which improves hacking abilities etc.

not restrict....DEFUND

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sadly had you title your thread as "republicans Leading the Fight Against the NSA" , then I would have to had to laugh at the irony of it.

Hopefully, Rand will slide under the covers and act as one of them long enough to get some backing.

However, I think the gov't controllers have the system so rigged and the masses so snowed that they can get away and do anything they want and they have a very good proven tract record.

edit on 24-7-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by muzzleflash

not restrict....DEFUND

I grant you this is a step forward and I agree 100% you know I do.

But really this is like the Hydra, these very same "Intelligence Agencies" get tons of "funding" from the illicit black markets among many other sources we rarely look into. With their insider info they can run all the rackets, and they probably do.

Hmmm...
We will need to eliminate the black markets by shifting the legal framework they have manifested out of into something reasonable.
We could also focus on using organized crime law since it actually applies directly.

Also we need to focus on open source technology where we can make sure there are no back doors. And if there are 'back doors for snooping' we can develop better protections from their exploitation.
Need a strong focus on anti-hacker technology, stronger encryption methods etc.

Eventually all of the stuff being used today will become obsolete and outmoded, and the spying paradigm might possibly be staved off at least for a few more decades.

Maybe there is a way to beat this monster after all. But we are going to have to take a multi-pronged approach or else it will be easily subverted.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You're right once again the free-market has to make up for the misgivings of a out-of-control government.

Where are all the big government Obama supporters now?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The Amash amendment lost by 12 votes... TWELVE VOTES.

COME ON.................

Just twelve more votes to reign in government surveillance and maybe return a small OUNCE of dignity and privacy back to the American people.

What is even more revealing is the more democrats sided with Amash in his amendment than Republicans and he is a Republican! Everything is backwards, Dems fighting BO and Reps helping BO.

Even though we know the Senate along with Obama [with his veto power] would've killed this, it still allows Justin Amash to come out of this vote with even more influence as the anti-establishment [so called] leader of the house of reps. You could probably even call him the anti-boehner.

top topics

join