It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spitzer Sees Long Tail, Strong Gas Emissions From Comet ISON

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I find it utterly amazing that anyone could say that the Sun is cold. Where does all that heat come from then?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm
There's going to be a lot of unstable people that are going to FREAK OUT while ISON is visible.

With most people having their faces buried in their phones........ I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Thanks for the reply.

I am not closed off to all esoteric stuff, but I feel that I have to be careful buying whatever people are selling, especially on the internet.

2012 was a non-event in terms of what most spiritualists and doom-sayers predicted, I can show you people who say this is because "they" wanted us to think that something would happen, people who say someting did happen, and people who say it was always bull **** in equal measures.

Anagrams? really? God is an anagram of dog, does that means God's a dog? (ok, ok, God is ALL the dogs by definition, but you take my point about anagrams)

I am into comets in a "wow look at comet, awesome!" sense but I don't buy that the passing of a comet can herald the best time for any ritual down here, why would it? Unless you are attempting to use the focus of humanity on said comet as "power" for your ritual, but then you could use anything - the superbowl, x-factor, <your-country-here>'s got talent.

Still, SO looking forward to seeing ISON.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Vasteel because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2013 by Vasteel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here is the latest picture of Ison,

Posted to Yahoo 3 hours ago.

The above image was recorded by amateur astronomer Bruce Gary using his 11-inch telescope at Hereford Arizona Observatory

... as right now we are celebrating that ISON does appears to still continue to shine, and [color=gold] it looks like it has brightened up somewhat as we would have hoped and predicted.

NASA ison campaign . org

So maybe the show is still on.

Mike

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

It seems astronomers aren't sure anymore if ISON will flare up or not.

The suspense is killing me!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It seems astronomers aren't sure anymore if ISON will flare up or not.

As with any new previously unseen comet, there is always "not sure". Always has been, always was, always will be.
It isnt new.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Most people aren't even aware that ISON is coming and will be visible in daylight. There's going to be a lot of unstable people that are going to FREAK OUT while ISON is visible.

Disagree.
No freaking out will happen.

ISON will only be visible in daylight for a matter of hours as it passes past perihelion, the closest point in its orbit to the sun. At that time, as seen from earth, the comet will be only about 1 degree away from the sun. It may be visible, but with the sun right next to it, you're going to have to TRY to see it. People wont be spotting it accidentally.

And in any case, even if it gets visible it will only be the nucleus part, not the tail. Like a fuzzy Venus.

Oh My...I can see it now, yes, people who are not educated about it, will freak out. And people who don't know about it will say it is a second sun or something.
I, myself, can not wait to see it. I remember Hale-Bopp. And I thought it was just the neatest thing I'd ever seen.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Hello Polish1. I remember Hale-Bopp too, and if this is as good or better than that one, it will be nice to see on moonless nights. Hopefully the show will go on as bright as hoped for. ISON tee-shirts should start selling pretty well in a couple of months.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hey Aleister!!! It's been a long time!!!! Glad to see you back! I can't wait to see it for myself. I'm still kind of new to paying attention to these things, but, It is quite worth it. To me it makes the everyday, mundane worth it.....ya know?????

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
another month or so... we might determine if ISON will be the symbolic Blue Kachina 'star'
i do hope as it approaches it re-awakens my 'second sight' which will be invaluable as i am no longer youthful

see: en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join