It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spitzer Sees Long Tail, Strong Gas Emissions From Comet ISON

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Whilst it looks like C/2012 S1 ISON is making it's first close visit to the Sun from the Oort Cloud, the similarity of the orbital elements to those of the Great Comet of 1680 are very interesting. It would suggest that they are two fragments of an even larger parent body, although I remain puzzled by the slight (but significant) differences in eccentricity, and also the longitude and latitude of perihelion. Maybe the similarity really is just a coincidence??
edit on 26-7-2013 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
2012 = SION = an encryption

ISON = SION = anagram

SION = ZION

Seriously people.. these controllers are dangling the carrot right in front of you

Wikipedia - ZION

Inner Meaning The Hebrew word for Zion, Tzion (ציון), can be translated as “indication” or “marking.”

I have not put a lot of invested time into what ZION is - but at this stage, to me, ZION is a code for a specific time frame for an event to take place. Its possible ISON is a marking in time; which the zionist elites will come full circle in completing their "agenda" - what ever that may be.

In other words - The comet could definitely be a sign or mark for a certain collective people to bring forth the final chapter to their agenda.

Comet ISON a code for ZION?

Great comet of 1680

The last major comet observed on the surface of this sphere was in 1680. If we consider that the ruling elite which are manufactured through branches of secret societies - are obsessed with the number 33 - we will find that the last "great" comet before ISON was 333 years ago (2013 - 1680 = 333). Strange fact

Isnos Columbia is a small area in Columbia that was rocked by a M 7.3 quake - just over a week after comet ISON was founded. This information may seem pointless - but the odds of one comet being found in the outer reaches of our solar system September 21st 2012 being named ISON, and one tiny-unknown area on Earth being named Isnos getting rocked by a huge quake? Its almost the same word in terms of language symbols = TINY probability of one being affected by the other. But still raises an eye brow no?

This above image named 'la fontaine de fortune' - is controversial in the aspect of the "Sun" or Comet in the sky. To one, what others will call a sun - is to me clearly, a comet heading towards Earth, perhaps that of 1680? The obvious stretched out shadows of the trees/plants tells me the artist is depicting light coming towards the foreground.

There is a lot about this whole comet ISON thing one would suggest. I would believe that the elites have more in store for this planet then is understood. Secret societies are secret after all.. which is why they have been active and in control for centuries - they didnt get their by chance, they gained control because they have the knowledge, the wealth and the military to do so. Using mystery in religion as well, to gain control of vulnerable human minds.

2012 was a CODE to ZION - the entire Mayan bull# was a trick to keep people focusing on something that was not actually there, a simple magician trick.. "look over here, while I pull some tricks back here!" sort of thing.

I believe 2013, this is the year something intense is going down. It was obvious to me 2012 was a lie, a means to occupy attention and minds, away from the real focus.

"energy flows where attention goes" - trick people into thinking there is something over there, buys one time to put things together over here.

While everyone is in awe of the bright comet in the sky - the elites will be playing their dark games (rituals?). Of course I have much more research into this topic, so I thank the OP for bringing MY attention to this subject so I do not miss what is 'cooking in the kitchen'

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Here's the latest images of ISON taken by the Hubble Telescope:

Image: NASA/ESA/Hubble Heritage Team (STScI/AURA)

Pretty cool shots!

Here's larger images of these pics in case you want to use them as pc wallpaper;
1st image 1200 X 1112
2nd image 1470 X 1470

Article: Comet ISON Spewing Gas & Dust In Huge Quantities, NASA Scientists Say
edit on 26-7-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
2012 = SION = an encryption

SION = ZION

In other words - The comet could definitely be a sign or mark for a certain collective people to bring forth the final chapter to their agenda.

How does the encryption work? why is 2012 relevant anymore? and maybe it's just the programmer in me but SION != ZION and the comet is called neither of those terms, it's named after an observatory whose name is an anagram of one of them, yeah.

If you were part of a secret collective, had the world by the balls etc, why would you have to put all the secret plans on hold until a comet came by of all things? why not just get right on with it? I would.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Vasteel because: clarify

EDIT: I read this back and it sounded a bit snarky, thats not the way I mean it! was asking honestly.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Vasteel because: clarify

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
I'm not taking their word for it,
I'm sick of taking their word for it,

Well, if you're so worked up about it, then DONT take anyone's word for it.
You could at any time since it's discovery, got off your as and rent/buy/borrow a telescope and see for yourself as THOUSANDS of amateur astronomers around the world have already done.

For matters astronomical, there is no hiding a conspiracy. Its in the sky for anyone to see who isn't [color=gold] LAZY.

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
I think we would be better off looking at the possible 333 year periodicity of this thing,

I think you'd be better of learning how orbits are calculated.
Seriously, its one of those things that has been known for hundreds of years now, and anyone can calculate an orbit for themselves.
Step 1. Dont be [color=gold] lazy, do the observations for yourself.
Step 2. Feed the observations into the calculations, and calculate the orbit.
Step 3. See if the orbit you calculate matches with the "official" orbit already published.

And actually, there is a simpler way.
Step 1. Get a computer program that calculates the positions of objects in the sky, and TYPE FOR YOURSELF the orbital parameters of the object that you're interested in, into the program.
Step 2. Get it to calculate where the object *should* be.
Step 3. Dont be [color=gold] lazy, do the observations for yourself and see if they match.

The reason this works, is that the orbital parameters cannot be hidden. They're in plain text, like an "inclination = 12.554 degrees"

Summary:
There cannot be a stupid 333 year orbit for comet ISON.
The only reason such a dumb idea even exists, is that it is powered by keyboard warriors who are too lazy to get up off their chair, go outside with a telescope, and see for themselves... and assume everyone else is the same.

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for taking the time to write out a recommendation for me to use a computer program to input data.

As I write those programs for others to use, that would be a bit redundant, though I do like to see what the competition is up to sometimes. And weather they are using ecliptics or laplace planes.

As to buying myself a telescope, I believe I have already paid for a multi-billion dollar telescope called HUBBLE, and have every right to demand the spectrograph produced by my telescope be made available to me. Which it is not.

One observational comment, you seem to be fond of the word Lazy. Why is that?

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I mean WTF is this^
something made with MS paint ?!?

Mike

edit on 26-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I mean just look at the bull dropping that gets
released decades after a comet has passed away.

The picture above is horrible,
and hardly what I would call data.

And before you ask, no,
none of the links are providing spectrographs of ISON,
and no one is responding to my emails.

Mike

edit on 26-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Whoa, [color=gold] who rattled your cage? I'm sure the data, including spetrography, is available to those who want it. Try this: archive.spitzer.caltech.edu... or just contact Spitzer team directly.

By the way, other astronomers, and even amateur astronomers, conduct spectroscopy of comets. You could get in touch with them and ask for spectroscopic measurements of ISON. iopscience.iop.org...

To answer the first question,
"Smashing Pumpkins" with a song
called "Bullet with butterfly wings."

As to the links, yeah, no.
No spectrographs there.

Mike

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasteel

You obviously are not deep in esoteric, occult, magi, or ancient knowledge - I tell you one thing - your controllers for SURE are

Signs like this are what they drool for, rituals on full moons, signs of an eclipse, certain solar activities, marks in "time" (equinox/solstices) .. there is certain energy that is more open when specific events take place in the solar system or galactic cycle.

Deep stuff that is very complex, that no-one-average-joe would dare go and seek. Encryptions, anagrams, cross references, hidden symbology, esoteric knowledge etc.. is what your controllers are into. They dont hop on the "world wide web" for a reason, which is why they termed it "Internet" or INTERNAL NET - meaning those who occupy themselves on the internet are stuck in their minds and away from reality.

The elite scientists and astronomers are all in on it, they are part of the bloodlines. Like I said.. this # goes deep, and the average mind will not accept it or comprehend it, which is why they have power over humanity in the first place

BTW - 2012 was a bluff - the elites wanted to trick the collective minds into thinking something big was happening at this specific time frame (december 2012) - so when they found out it was a bluff - they would ignore anything else in the future, when the real events are to take place.

See how easy it is to mess with the mind of a sheep and turn its once curiosity into ignorance? Yea simple.

"Which is why they have power over humanity in the first place" - they out smart us all.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Spectroscopy and the occult in one thread. I love ATS

Are astronomers lying to us about ISON's spectroscopic characteristics because otherwise it would reveal an armada of demons or aliens hiding inside and preparing to invade Earth? Quite possibly, if you follow what some ATS-ers say!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This article posted on space.com today is rather disappointing.

It appears that the light curve of the comet has experienced a "slowdown event". Basically, it has maintained a constant brightness since about January 13th, instead of getting brighter. We'll have to wait a few more weeks to see what happens when ISON crosses the frost line, but it sounds as if some astronomers aren't as optimistic as they once were about our 'comet of the century'.

I sure hope this comet gets its act together; I was so looking forward to the show this fall/winter.

edit on 7/30/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Well, it's just one astronomer's estimates. I'd like to hear from more astronomers about this. Besides, Space.com never link to their sources, and people need to take their articles with a pinch of salt.

A shared the article at the International Comet group on Facebook, let's see what they say.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can't wait until it heads back around the sun in our direction.

That's right about when it starts to slow down, the president gets the phone call, it makes a sharp left headed right to the Earth and starts dropping off Kaiju on every continent...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olivine
This article posted on space.com today is rather disappointing.

It appears that the light curve of the comet has experienced a "slowdown event". Basically, it has maintained a constant brightness since about January 13th, instead of getting brighter. We'll have to wait a few more weeks to see what happens when ISON crosses the frost line, but it sounds as if some astronomers aren't as optimistic as they once were about our 'comet of the century'.

I sure hope this comet gets its act together; I was so looking forward to the show this fall/winter.

edit on 7/30/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

Hopefully it'll flare up after it's trip around the Sun.

It still has a long way to travel and 3 or 4 months until the predicted big show.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Here's what people at the International Comet group are saying:

It is generally thought by astronomers that the papers claim that the light curve of comet Hoenig represents that of ISON is wrong (ISON may be a fizzed, but not because it is like Hoenig

The *only* serious article dealing with the bizarre Colombian press release behind all that I've seen so far is www.universetoday.com...

I think one way to think of Ferrin's hypothesis is that it is one of several probably fates for ISON and therefore, no less spectacular or highly probable than the other options : a bright comet or something in-between - and also, just as newsworthy or not as the other possible outcomes - since each comet, even as it starts out similar to other comets, ends being unique in its own way - so will ison, which is probably reaching the water-frost line, when water starts sublimating, even though we can't see it yet...

Rumors of Comet ISON ‘Fizzling’ May be Greatly Exaggerated
www.universetoday.com...

A press release out yesterday about a recent paper on Comet ISON has caused a mild uproar across the astronomy-minded social media outlets and some websites. [...] The article had professional astronomers and comet enthusiasts alike shaking their heads in disbelief.

For one, any current determination of ISON’s ultimate fate when it gets close to the Sun later this year is speculation at best, (as is the case with almost any other sun-grazing comet) and since no one on planet Earth has seen ISON since it entered the Sun’s glare in June, there is absolutely no way to determine the comet’s current state, either. The almost unanimous shout from the astronomy internets was “Please! We just have to wait and see what happens with ISON.”

But the press release also had this journalist (and others) wondering if Ferrin’s views were taken out of context for the sake of a dramatic press release.

For example, nowhere in his paper does Ferrin say that Comet ISON has “fizzled,” (nor is there a direct quote in the press release with that word) and he does make it clear in his paper that his information about the comet is preliminary. However, the press release seemingly infers there was new data and that the comet is nothing short of dead.

So like I said, when one (or two, or three) astronomers say something, take it with a pinch of salt and ask the wider astronomy community.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Thanks so much for getting alternate opinions, and for the links. Very much appreciated.

So now, I wait to see what develops...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
it's not a dirty snowball.

The Electric Universe, Comets & Planets - Dave Talbott & Wallace Thornhill ((Classic))

More of a capacitor that emits xrays and they've studied them up close and know, so why they keep promoting crapola, who knows.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Comets are indistinguisable from asteroids, and electrically very clean, except that they are moving around the sun in a different way. Water and oceans did NOT come from comets. But they know that there are the nutrients for water outside the Sun's corona and have NASA pictures of water coming from Stars.

The SUN is the Mother of the solar system and births all elements and bodies in it. And the sun isn't what they say it is either. The sun's corona is hot, its cavitation or cold fusion processes that release atomic energy and heat, but the sun is cold, and probably gateway experience.

First 10 minutes of that video pretty much sums it up about comets, even the sun and the electrical fields we travel through, including their subsequent varying magnetic fields.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Comets are indistinguisable from asteroids, and electrically very clean, except that they are moving around the sun in a different way.

There is so much wrong in that opening sentence I dont know where to begin.
Without exception, every single part of it is completely wrong.

Its clear that Unity_99 is no amateur astronomer.

Comets are distinguishable. Not just be looking more "fuzzy" even at larger distances, but especially so with spectroscopic measurements.

The orbits they have cannot be easily lumped into two "different" categories, as he said. And if he wishes to persist with that argument, I'll ask him about the orbit of Encke's comet.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The SUN is the Mother of the solar system and births all elements and bodies in it.

Actually, all chemical elements in the Solar System (not counting the elements created inside the Sun itself) come from stars that existed before the Sun. The Sun is only converting hydrogen into helium at this stage. So all iron, oxygen, aluminum, sulphur, and everything else that makes up the Earth and even your body, came from supernovae that happened billions and billions of years ago. en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join