It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible 'Air Tsunami' in Florida!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Reminds me of an incredible sight I saw while driving over the Golden Gate Bridge towards Sausalito. A thick fog bank came rolling in over the hills and slowly completely engulfed the bridge. Darn thing looked more like an entity than a cloud.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Obama did this....with HAARP.

HAARP was shut down, it no longer exists.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lever1
Very cool photos of...fog. I suppose in the ATS forums you have to describe fog rolling in as "Air Tsunami" else no one will read your post.

It gives you an idea though on air current jet stream direction and effect when Cat 5 El Finito rolls in one day. I however will not be there to witness as I will be 1000 miles away.

Actually, if you went to the site where the pictures were originally hosted, the site "Fun on the Net" called them "air tsunami". Visually, it does look like an air tsunami even if it is just fog rolling in and cresting over the buildings. Don't blame "ATS" for another sites' imagination.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

This happened beginning 2012. HAARP was still "alive"

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Hidden Mist Village!!

...City.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Seeing those photos like that I wonder if we are messing with the natural wind ecosphere by blocking it with large beach front hotels?

I think so. That's the natural cycle of inland cooling. Solid ground heats up faster than water, causing the air to rise as thermals. This draws in cool moist air from the ocean (the sea breeze) which forms clouds and eventually thunderstorms and rain. At night, the land cools down faster than the water, so the air flow is reversed and the dry air goes out to sea.

Now if they ring the coast with these giant structures, that is going to block the flow of cool air during the day and night. You can see that the water is condensing around these buildings. Bad, very bad. No wonder they are having bush fires and the hottest summers.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I visit San Fracisco and have witnessed this many times and every time it takes my breath away.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Kind of creepy, like some vision of impending doom lol

very cool tho

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I saw a similar sight one morning on the southeast end of Sebago Lake in Maine. The fog over the lake was being blown against the shoreline which was an uninterrupted tree line. Unlike the flow over the buildings this was more uniform over a greater distance.

The effect was like watching a waterfall in reverse. I did not have a camera and could not help remembering something a coworker once said (he kept a nice camera in his pickup)... "you never see anything cool from your couch"

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Looks like it could be used in a scene for an upcoming Ghostbusters movie

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if lightning energized that cloud of fog as it was encircling the buildings?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

Originally posted by abeverage
Seeing those photos like that I wonder if we are messing with the natural wind ecosphere by blocking it with large beach front hotels?

I think so. That's the natural cycle of inland cooling. Solid ground heats up faster than water, causing the air to rise as thermals. This draws in cool moist air from the ocean (the sea breeze) which forms clouds and eventually thunderstorms and rain. At night, the land cools down faster than the water, so the air flow is reversed and the dry air goes out to sea.

Now if they ring the coast with these giant structures, that is going to block the flow of cool air during the day and night. You can see that the water is condensing around these buildings. Bad, very bad. No wonder they are having bush fires and the hottest summers.

It has to make you wonder...I really get tired of people who think humans have no effect on the environment. But on the same token I tire of those who think humans are a virus. We just need to learn to live more harmoniously and understand our impact then make adjustments. There are ways for us to do this but they tend to be more expensive ...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Perhaps Nature foreshadowing something intense

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That looks like a giant windtunnel test, haha. Cool shots.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

nice pic. that just remind me off the other day on the Beach. where North of sealand (Sjælland) me and my girl friend. saw a big wall of cloud that just stood there in the Horizon. The Wind was coming from the big wall too us ( N to S ). So i was expecting it to moving against the Beach. but it never moved.

when she gets home. soon. I will post the pics here in this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If those photos were taken during the morning, the "waves" might actually be fog that was lifted up by the buildings, thus creating a "wave" effect.

It might also have been a weak microburst from a nearby shower/thunderstorm that caused some dust to be lofted, which then caused the dust or sand to be moved up and over the buildings, which explains why the "waves" were the highest over the buildings.
edit on 25-7-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I have a feeling that, Its showing us the outline of what a massive tisunami looks like n florida.

I could imagine waves that high rolling over those apartment buildings at the front of the bay

Now watch it happen agan but be replaced by water lol.
edit on 25-7-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Totally cool.
Nice one dude!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
search for arizona monsoon pics....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18

Originally posted by superman2012
Obama did this....with HAARP.

HAARP was shut down, it no longer exists.

Troll alert!

You have joined the wrong Forum to say such a thing as HAARP being shut down....wow

Where is your evidence and or PROOF of this?! Oh, please, do share with us since you are so wise and smart and everything the Pink Panther ever was!

edit on 25-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join