It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Employees Walk Out In Protest Of No Air Conditioning After Crew Member Collapses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
THey all can walk out, I GUARANTEE the owner will have a fresh batch of new workers by day's end. Too many people out of work, someone will work there, broken AC and all

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
THey all can walk out, I GUARANTEE the owner will have a fresh batch of new workers by day's end. Too many people out of work, someone will work there, broken AC and all

In today's economic climate; you are absolutely correct.

A way to get that AC fixed is to call the NY board of health and complain that the food is unfit for human consumption due to the sweat in the food. Unhealthy sanitation in a place serving food will shut that operation down.

I just emailed McDs corporate headquarters. Let's see what happens.....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Kitchens get hot. Surprise, surprise.

Also, based on the women's names, I imagine they are of Latino(a) descent. How can a Latin woman have any issues with New York heat?

Sounds like a stunt to deal with a problem between ownership and employees.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This must be a wide spread problem.

I know someone who works in McDonald's, here in the UK. We had over 30 degrees C, which is hot for us and they refused to turn on the air con.

Having been a previous employee myself years ago, I know how hot it can get on a cold day let alone a scorching summers day.

This is the world we live in nowadays, profit driven, people and companies will do anything to make a quick buck, and boost profits.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Slightly incorrect.

There is no upper temperature limit defined in law, but there is a lower temperature limit defined (UK Law).

You may have got sent home because of company policy, but certainly not the law. They could have you working away in 100C (being absurd for impact) temperatures, and still be within the law.

There are however, moves to get an upper limit defined in law, spurred on by the death of the postman in the recent heatwave.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by snarky412

I must ask the obvious. If this was such a big issue then why did Luisa Villa work there for 9 years with no AC? Walking out because temps were soaring into the mid 80's is funny to me.
Think about AC repairmen who work in your attack. They do manual labor in 120+ degrees here in Texas. They probably pray for mid 80's. Some here on ATS have spent weeks in a charcoal lined rubber suit and gas mask walking around the desert in the ME.

I don't know....to me this sounds like it was made into a big deal by Huffington Post. I believe I'd be looking for a new crew if they walked out on me.

For me, working out doors for a living in the South, I would greatly accept temps in the mid 80's..........

They need to try mid 90's with high humidity and heat index above 100 for several hours.

Oh, and no A/C.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Surprised that no one made complaints to the McDonald's home office before now.

OFF TOPIC:
Lovely avatar.....I like.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Holy crap thats right by my work. We all had lunch last week from there during the heat wave and it was damn hot inside. It was my turn to go get lunch that day and I remember being on line sweating bullets. I cant even imagine what it was like in the kitchen. I think it was the day before this happened so like 100+ degrees outside.

I will go tomorrow and ask if they were punished because of their walk out.

Nice people there BTW. Really hard working and courteous.

edit on 25-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

It surprises me as well. Nine years of no AC in the grill area with gas grills and deep fryers going non-stop? I know it's not as hot up north as it is down here but come on! That's gotta be miserable!

And thank you!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
I'm sorry, but I must say "Boo Hoo"

I worked in a factory for 15 years and many times I was hot foil stamping, 115℉ in the shop (metal building no windows) standing in front of a 350℉ press.

Last week was a "heat wave" and I had to be outside in the sun wearing a uniform, I must of changed my t-shirt 7 times because of sweat. There was no AC while I was patrolling and no cool breeze. Do you know how hot it can get wearing a uniform and duty belt?

BOO FREAKING HOO!!

boy, good thing everyon is as tough as you!

do you have any medical training with Heat Casualties?

stroked your ego? look in the mirror and puff up the chest?

, guess the duty belt isnt enough?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

Holy crap thats right by my work. We all had lunch last week from there during the heat wave and it was damn hot inside. It was my turn to go get lunch that day and I remember being on line sweating bullets. I cant even imagine what it was like in the kitchen. I think it was the day before this happened so like 100+ degrees outside.

I will go tomorrow and ask if they were punished because of their walk out.

Nice people there BTW. Really hard working and courteous.

You were there, huh? You got to be the 'gopher' I see....

Please do keep us posted on what you find out.
Hope none of them were fired for walking out. Sounds like terrible working conditions those few days.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Serious safety issue there.

Agreed, why anybody would eat that stuff is beyond me.

LMAO......

I have to give you a point for that.

Well rather a 'star'

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

They do manual labor in 120+ degrees here in Texas.

When I did roofing there was no walking out on the job. 120 degrees, copper gutters gleaming it all back at you. Sure, you got your breaks but what was that? I cold water bottle? Try working at a foundry on a hot day. Honestly, 9 years ? Unless you are going into Management, I would have been getting my education up to par, and trying to find a new Job in the meantime. MHO

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

We all know McDonald's food really isn't food.
What it is exactly, who knows.

But if you want to watch an experiment this guy did on the decomposing of their food, watch this.
The french fries NEVER decompose. Never mold.
And the burgers, well, you'll see....

Actually, there are more videos on experiments like this.
Just google them.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

yup thats me....

will do. I am curious to see what comes of this. I´ll post what ever I can find out for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Wendy's is where I go. I like their Salad's wendyscayman.com...

and they have free WIFI.

We used to go there until they remodeled their restaurants.
Now they stink like a dirty locker room and we can't stand going in there.
And it's several new ones in different towns, so we were wondering if it's the glue they used for the carpet or what.
And NO food aroma what so ever.
No smell of food cooking or any thing. Just a stinky god awful smell.

There is 1 Wendy's that hasn't changed and it's still okay as far as the smell goes.
So maybe it's the materials they used when remodeling.

edit on 25-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Serious safety issue there.

Lucky the worker who collapsed didn't end up face first in the deep fryer.

Safety issue. Many people work in factories without air myself included. I am a machinist and the temps can reach 120 easy on a hot day. I bet it was not over 90. People today are kinda weak.
edit on 25-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

do you have any medical training with Heat Casualties?

Yes I do.

stroked your ego? look in the mirror and puff up the chest?
I think you're the one with an ego, you have not added anything to the OP, you only ranted.

As the old saying goes

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It should be a human right to have air con. If its too hot they need to rest, what the heck is wrong with the big bosses?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join