It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portable Thermoelectric generator $130

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
BioLite Thermoelectric Generator/Camp Stove

Hi guys, I found a portable generator that you can power by using twigs and other flammable material.

You can use it to power small technological devices like phones and computers.

Granted, you'd have other things to worry about in a shtf scenario, but hey, maybe you own a business halfway across the world and need to use the computer?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
Granted, you'd have other things to worry about in a shtf scenario, but hey, maybe you own a business halfway across the world and need to use the computer?

Good luck accessing the internetz.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Satellite.

'Nuff said?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Pretty old but still useful, they used these during hurricane Katrina. That is the real advantage over solar, as you can charge day or night, not having to rely on the sun, or a hand-crank generator. You can't power a computer with the biolite stove, but you can charge a phone or some small batteries. I've seen some that do 10-20 watts which could charge larger batteries, but they do cost quite a bit.

I'm still waiting for fujifilms thermoelectric generator material to be available, if that ever happens. Their material can generate power with just a 1 degree temperature difference, and it is flexible.
phys.org...
edit on 24-7-2013 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I read that physorg article you posted ( i love physorg lol) and it was amazing. The fact that it can utilize temperature differences as little as 1 degree C is really amazing. I really think that will pave the way for wearable thermoelectric shirts and pants, or something like that, the material being bendable makes that alot more plausible. Then we would never have to worry about charging anything again, and who knows what else it can be used for the practical application possibilities are endless.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Already a topic on this page....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join