It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Worth Many Sparrows. How Much More Valuable is a Person Than a Sheep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Matthew 10.31 You are worth more than many sparrows.

Matthew 12:12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep!

See I wonder how many sparrows or sheep to a man. If we feed the sparrows or take better care of the sheep and look after the sparrows a bit better (maybe try and teach them) would we eventually have enough sparrows or sheep that it would be like having an extra man?

An extra man in battle could make all the difference when every man counts.

Maybe you could capture wild creatures, birds or sparrows and then train then somehow and then release them back to the wild to teach their training to others. Or even train sheep with something I don't know. A good Shepard could teach his flock a thing or two maybe. A well trained sheep is like the equivalent in battle of having extra man power. See I bought more sheep. Again in a battle where every man or sheep equivalent counts.

Maybe the scripture is could outright be saying no matter how many sparrows or sheep you have you never have enough to equal a man.

So a well fed sparrow is worth a one and a half hungry sparrows maybe.

How many sparrows to a man? How many sheep to a man?

What's your best offer?

What is the sparrowsheep to man ratio.

Anyhow your lesson from this should be to feed the birds and other wilds. When your having lunch outside leave them some scraps. Or even make a bigger effort than this.

Sorry for taking up your time.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what the bible says. And since life in itself is completely meaningless, all living things are as worthless in that regard.

Since life to aware creatures usually feels like a fun thing, intelligence combined with civilized behavior would yield in the thought that all living things are equal to begin with.
And since the practicality of life makes living...."crowded" inter-/intra-species wise, it might be logical/practical to loosen the above stance.

With that being said, it has lead me to think that all human are equal when they begin their journey, and they lose value during their lifetime depending on their actions. I don't mind murderers being killed. I don't mind thieves having tragic accidents while committing their crimes. I don't mind killing flies in my house. I take grand measures in getting bees and butterflies out of my house alive. I eat meat but think that maybe I shouldn't.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

The verse prior to that says

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. Matthew 10:29.
Verse 30 "Fear not, for you are worth many sparrows" I take this to mean if God pays attention to something as insignificant as a sparrow, we being far more valuable to him, need not worry he is not aware of us and our problems. "Fear not", is one of my favorite Bible verses, At one point I taped it to my bathroom mirror and saw it everyday. It helped me with self worth issues.

Sheep were very important to the society of the Bible.

Your thread is somewhat all over the place, if I have not addressed your point I am sorry.

edit on 24-7-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
[
Sheep were very important to the society of the Bible.

They still are

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Vampire bats adopt orphaned pups and kits (that's what baby bats are called) regardless of whose they are. That's way more caring and considerate than human beings. So, I'd gander to guess that one human is worth as many sparrows, as one vampire bat is worth in humans.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sheep? sparrows? tell you what ill give you two sheep 5 sparrows and you can take my x wife .
Heck Ill even throw in a motherinlaw

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I guess worth depends on who you are and relative to what standard. I mean, to someone who loves sparrows or sheep, another person may not be worth as much as one. But to the typical person, I'd think they'd value another human being over any bird or sheep. At least in modern times. Biblical times, not so sure. Things were weird back then, from what I've gathered.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dicordiated

But to the typical person, I'd think they'd value another human being over any bird or sheep. At least in modern times.

I know a lot of vegans and animal rights activists who place the comfort and well-being of animals above that of humans.

Force a cow to live in doors, fatten it up for the slaughter, and you're some kind of tyrannical subhuman monster.

Point out that there are millions of human beings in a city 50 miles from them who don't even have a place to live indoors, or food to fatten themselves up with, and they don't bat an eyelash.

Times are just as weird and backward now, as they used to be. We just tell ourselves we're living in a more civilized society with cultural advancements.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 25/7/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Are these African swallows or European swallows?

Can not a good con man fleece many humans?

And I have issues with using killer swallows in battle.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I knew a man from ghana that said he couldnt get married until he could offer his future father in law like 20 cows for his daughters hand in marriage...as like payment....so 20 cows?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sparrows could be important.

I had this day dream once in my dads bird aviary. I saw colors swapping between birds the colors i figured to be genetics. I called it eating the flesh at the time even though I was like 12 and had never heard the expression from the bible before, i'm 35 now. It was also better to give than to receive.

It's hard to say what the truth is when perception can be altered so easily in anyone.

So Jesus came to earth in human form. He broadcast his genetics to others and they ate of it. By him broadcasting his genetics he evolved further as while you eat his flesh you are actually coding him or something at the same time as coding yourself, (I use coding loosely). This is why it's better to give than receive, more coding for yourself gets done if you give. If you receive a color, you code yourself and the sender at the same time to extract information but less of yourself gets coded than the sender as you can only extract so much. It's also like a chain of supply. With some having parts that others need and vice versa. The amount of information to make a whole is immense.

You can choose not to do the coding and therefore hold someone else up but I think this is only a temporary thing and the only loser is the one who didn't code as the person I think can manually code what he needs themselves but it takes forever. You choose not to code because there's kind of a trade system going. If you code later it can be more beneficial than coding straight away. You can kind of see the benefits that coding from a colour swap will bring before you have them. Birds can code humans but not a whole it takes many birds. A human can code 1 whole bird and have him complete I think. The computational power comes from giving and receiving and by far surpasses the computation that you can do on your own under your own steam.

I forget the rest. It's all pretty hazy now 23 years ago.

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life,

So according to me one day all the birds are going to code your genetics via colour swapping in one foul swoop. At the moment they are coding but I forget why we had to wait. It had something to do with locking everything in place and storing up power to conquer all who opposed and going to war. You have a unique identifier, your bit of code, lose that and your a dead body. So sparrows for coding that's why you should feed them.

God i'm so dumb. If only this were true.

This was birds eating flesh. A daydream.

I blame the Govt and Tech for this daydream. Looking back.

You could figure the colours were information or knowledge, it definitely caused growth.

The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh. Revelation 19:21

Also feed the birds.

new topics

top topics

join