It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing triangular rocks mirrored on top of each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I think these aliens must be pretty artistic.

Have a look at this (rocks at 3 o'clock & 1 o'clock)and then wonder at the way that triangular rocks produce triangular slices and these slices magically get placed around the area.

The two bottom close-ups.

This is an image which show two different pieces of traingular rock.
One is a rock like a loaf of bread - only triangular. (1 o'clock) The other is a flat triangular piece of rock with an almost PERFECT angular triangle on top of it mirroring the bottom triangle.(3 o'clock)

What are the chances of that happening?

I can see shale-like or slate-like rock and maybe this is how the triangular rocks manage to be in that shape, but nothing can account for a natural process where the top triangle is mirrored by the bottom one.
A different view of the scene here.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
They are just plain rocks....rocks....re-iterate the word "ROCKS"

Edit:

Omg, omg, omg!!!

Look at all these UFOs in these pictures!!!!

How many UFO's can you see in these pictures and how many are triangular?!?!?!?! LOOOOOOK HAAARD!!!
edit on 24-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I see broken, layered, sedimentary rock. Highlight it maybe?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantooWhat are the chances of that happening?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by qmantooWhat are the chances of that happening?

Probably one in a million............[fill in the blank]

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Dont bother shouting "ROCK". Of course they are rocks. I never said they were NOT rocks, did I? I am sure you can see what is unusual, but in case you cannot, it is the fact that there is one triangle on top of another larger one and they are both the same orientation and angle and artistically placed with the same size border on both sides. Thats what is odd about it.

Show me the same kind of thing on earth if you think this is commonplace - but it has to be similar with one smaller shape on top of another similar larger shape and positioned the same orientation.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Dont bother shouting "ROCK". Of course they are rocks. I never said they were NOT rocks, did I? I am sure you can see what is unusual, but in case you cannot, it is the fact that there is one triangle on top of another larger one and they are both the same orientation and angle and artistically placed with the same size border on both sides. Thats what is odd about it.

Show me the same kind of thing on earth if you think this is commonplace - but it has to be similar with one smaller shape on top of another similar larger shape and positioned the same orientation.

Probably won't be able to find exactly the same, as weathering won't produce identical formations. The others have provided you examples of artificial looking but naturally formed rock formations, which honestly are more impressive than yours.
Which is just what this looks like. I can't dig up any pictures, but as something of a rock hound I've seen similar formations in sandstone around rivers . If you look up sedimentary rocks and cleavage (and are really careful with Google) you'll probably find some examples eventually.

I mean, looking at it as someone who looks at a lot of rocks... I just see a naturally formed rock.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

it is the fact that there is one triangle on top of another larger one and they are both the same orientation and angle and artistically placed with the same size border on both sides. Thats what is odd about it.

Every snow flake is unique..that doesnt mean aliens made them!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Looks like another star & flag hunter on board lots of your threads could be combined into one as they are all about ROCKS.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
qmantoo,
Don't let all the rude remarks get you down.

By the way there are some other interesting looking objects with unusual formations also.
Where did the original pics come from ? I know it's mars, I mean the raw photos.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Looks like another star & flag hunter on board lots of your threads could be combined into one as they are all about ROCKS.

Yeah, start character assasination plan. You guys are fairly skilled in that now, aren't you? Lets just stick to the subject and leave out attacking the messenger please.
edit on 24 Jul 2013 by qmantoo because: typo

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There are lots of traiangles in nature and where the rock splits into flat sections like slate etc then it is likely that some are going to be broken into triangular shapes. This is what you are showing me.

However, here we have two similar angled triangles one sitting exactly on top of the other in a rather precise way. That is more difficult to find from a natural setting.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Probably won't be able to find exactly the same, as weathering won't produce identical formations.
I do not expect exactly the same.

There is currently NO rock weathering on Mars. So either this has got to have been there for millions of years from when the atmosphere was a lot thicker or else it is just plain odd. The concensus of opinion on here is that the wind on Mars is so weak that it can blow very tiny pieces of sand and it is not strong enough to lift anything heavier. (in spite of NASA saying this AND that there are examples of huge mountainous weathered rocks - can it be both?)

The others have provided you examples of artificial looking but naturally formed rock formations, which honestly are more impressive than yours.

I am not doing this to impress anyone, but I would like you to put your argument in more concrete terms and show me some other rock weathering on Mars please?

new topics

top topics

join