It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Your ATS Staff - 2013 Edition

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
A sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone here who keeps ATS running smoothly! I have been through sooooo much in the years that I have been here. ATS has been a beacon of light in some of my darkest hours. I have been intrigued with its' many fascinating topics and members. I have learned from many of you, laughed along with many of you and yes even shared tears with some of you. I have loved ATS since the day I found you! Warm hugs for you all!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Ektar

Yeah, that was me. That tree finally fell on the corner of the shop, but it didn't do any serious damage. Now I'm looking for someone who wants to buy some good hickory smoke chips.

I only got a couple tons of it.

Now you know why I go by the name "redneck"... and you also know it's more than just what I call myself.

TheRedneck
aka Doug

Send em to Japan could use em while jerking..

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Why not? They send all their stuff here.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Spider879

Why not? They send all their stuff here.

TheRedneck

Ouch!!..

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
How very nice to meet everyone! Thank you for this thread it's been a great pleasure getting to know a little about all the fine mods and admins!

*On a side note to SkepticOverlord, your absolutely right about the pugs. I have 3 myself, pugs are like potato chips, you can never have just one.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow so many diverse posting from staffers that really never comes up much. Yes, I am late to posting to the thread but had to see how long Majic's was going to be and try to keep the word count lower as well as let DJ post so he didn't feel overly late....the sacrifices I make for oth---Aw, truth is I had to get up way too early this morning to do it last night like most did.

So about me...My real name is Greg and the AHAB part of Ahabstar is my middle initial with the initials of a stage name added to it. I came here to look up info on JFK because I wanted some different angles for a pen and paper RPG...Seriously. I had my fill of forums and social MUX's (yes, I go back to the days of Telnet and watched the World Wide Web take off when AOL started spamming people's mailboxes with that single floppy disk). My dial-up at home was free thanks to an 1-800 dial-up provider and my writing their Macintosh connection troubleshooting guidelines during a very long phone call with their senior tech. It was my reward for sharing knowledge which provided them with a broader customer base.

But long before my tech phase in life, I did a little acting. Won a few awards and accolades for it. Met a few known people along the way. Played some music with a few people (some more known than others) and basically lived a fairly full life before I turned 23.

My 23rd birthday, shortly after returning to Ohio, was spent with a beautiful friend falling asleep leaning up against me while I was pondering as to if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her or wait for someone else. I chose the latter and never mentioned how I really felt. But to be honest, there was something lacking that I couldn't put my finger on and felt it best to trust that instinct. Since then, only a few serious relationships and about as many passing ones over the past 20 years. So yeah, 43 is looming which makes about the staff's average age. The unusual part is that I never had children nor been married.

What I do here on ATS is fairly important in that I try to help others make that connection, members and staff alike. A side benefit of having experienced some fairly large highs and lows in my life is that I see things from multiple perspectives. And part of that perspective is seeing what didn't work for me in the various forums and social sites. I stayed at ATS because it was different. I agreed to staff when asked because I wanted the members to see that as well. Which is why I try to stay fairly public with the chatroom and the shows. As far as the lament of staff no longer making good threads, most people are glad not to see my boring threads that were usually DOA.

As for the ATS Live shows, other than Nef, I think I am the only one that has been on all of (the one time) six shows in the same week. So for the big secret...the persona that I portray on the After Midnight show with the mildly blue humor and the Greg's Creepy Commit...it isn't anything like how I am in real life. I don't ogle women, in fact I rarely say anything unless they want a conversation. I do get asked out from time to time by some strange ones. Pretty much, I enjoy my anonymity and get a chuckle when people talk of wanting to be famous. As for myself, I have fun hanging out and helping friends get things done that they need help doing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Meet and Greet!?
Good stuff, plenty of identifying data.
(grabs pad and pencil)
Notes were made.
Carry on.

Seriously though, it is a good read... and it shows that most of us here are all Human.
And I stress "most" because you never know.

All the best, my fellow forumners... forumers, eh, socialites?

What's the word I'm looking for?
Nevermind.
T-

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre

Did someone say "Speaking to the Bilderbergs"? I believe so. You know who you are.

You shouldn't toss something like that out there, and then go fishing or something. It's just wrong.

Yeah, I guess that's the english-is-not-my-native-language thing again. I wasn't actually holding speeches for them. But some of the people who used to call me up in the middle of night to ask for advice, happened to be Bilderbergers. It's been a while since I've been fishing though.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hey Heff, great to put a face to your words!

And when you have finished... tidy up your room!

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sorry I'm late to the thread

Couldn't get the bike started

Firstly thank you SkepticOverlord for this thread and thank you staff for rallying to the call

I think personally as a member of 8 and a bit years I've felt, at times, intimidated by the staff, (and some members)

But with time I came to realise it's not about intimidation or jack boots

It's about being us, after a tricky start to my posting career (Thanks Intrepid) I am now proud to say I am a member of ATS

I was just about to start waxing lyrical, but luckily for you guys I'm gonna be late for work if I don't leave NOW

*Throws on boots*

Catch you all later ATS

Have an awesome day

Cody

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Nice to meet you.

soldier, sailor, rocketship maker, once upon a time a musician, shredding bass player.

Long time poet, recent novelist, amateur physicist.

Love to ski and bbq.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Fantastic Thread , very positive addition.
2th line

TheGreazel

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Not that many people on chat right now?

*sulks*

Warmest respects

Rod

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, for gods sake I thought you were Norman Reedus! Why the hell would you be lying to me for all this time?!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
reply to post by neformore

No offence nef but I thought you were chris moyles when I first saw your old avatar... sorry... xx

I'm sorry but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the funniest thing I've read in ages
Moyles is his hero! He models himself on him!

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Wait, what, no Irish mods? C'mon guys!

I'm a geordie with Irish (and Scottish) heritage. There's really no hope for me.

edit on 26/7/2013 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Yes I too noticed that his room was like that of my teen age grandson!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
That's the funniest thing I've read in ages
Moyles is his hero! He models himself on him!

Oi! Hush you

Moyles had his moments, but his ego outweighed his talent in the end.

Broadcasting wise, my big hero is Chris Evans. The mans a genius. (And boy, do I wish I had HIS money)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by Rodinus

Yes I too noticed that his room was like that of my teen age grandson!

A right blummin mess isn't it.... no going out to play until that room is tidied up Heff!!!!!!

(Hate to think about the bacon sandwich wrappings under the bed)

Warmest

Rod

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Y'all leave the Batcave alone... That's not a mess... That's my new filing system and it's complicated... very complicated.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The first thing I should probably mention is that I am ALWAYS late. No matter what. I think I was born without an internal clock or something...

I can attest to that

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join