It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Your ATS Staff - 2013 Edition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by The GUT

Don't doubt the power of the Heff...

-SAP-

Indubitably.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wait, what, no Irish mods? C'mon guys!

Well I will forgive that for the fact that we seem to have such an eclectic, interesting and friendly bunch of admins and mods,

we are in good hands

Lots of love from Northern Ireland

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

My husband is Scots-Irish...does that count

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm half Irish and I was born outside of Boston. We've got this.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I'll take it

lol

up the celts!
edit on 25-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi mods, staff, admin.

I don't post much so you probably don't know me, but I just wanted to say hello.

Hi.

(
)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your fetish for cotton tails and big fluffy ears is well known...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Wait, what, no Irish mods? C'mon guys!

I was born in Scotland. It's practically the same thing really.

Forgot to mention that in my opening post btw but yep, the one and only, as far as I'm aware, Scotland-born mod here. So, eh, yeah.. Ach aye the noo etc. etc.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

*points at Heff and giggles uncontrollably*

Sorry, I thought it was a challenge!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It is so nice to meet all of you. Thanks for making this thread.

This thread reminded me of an experience my grade 1 students had once maybe 2 years ago:
People Who Help Us Day

Our school invited a firefighter, a doctor, a dentist, and a police officer to come talk about their jobs, and my students' jaws dropped, they were fascinated.

This is how I feel reading all your introductions now.
What a great site, am truly proud to be a member.

Once again thank you.

Trish

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Glad to meet ya. Hard working, friendly, best Mods ever. Already know some of you kind of, and hope you enjoy the odd funny or encouraging word I send your way.
You make ATS what it is and the site reflects well on all of you. It has a heart, not just a brain.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just a couple of things we have in common, and I will leave it at that. Well first, Hi! Nice to meet you! I've been here a while, but I don't think I've ever communicated directly to THE Skeptic Overlord.

Your fish and lobster taco's look amazing. I know a thing or two about seafood and preparing it, I make a living doing it. If we combined our knowledge on the two I have no doubt we could take over the world with the best fish and lobster tacos man has ever tasted!

I married my wife after only one year of dating as well. She is my best friend and my rock. No one in this world knows me like she does, and I can't stand to spend time away from her.

Well, that's that! Nice to meet ya!

One thing I will openly admit to you, that I feel I should be ashamed of but am not. I have never seen the movie The Big Lebowski......

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The only thing I want to say to you people, having you together like this.
Is that you are all bad asses as evidenced by this place you have put
together, reinforce and maintain.. I found this place somehow when I
thought I clicked on " The Back Vault ". That was in 2009 and I still
haven't made it there. I most likely won't either.

You guys rock, but then you know that.
edit on 25-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Rising Against

One of the things I didn't mention that has a lot of pride in our family is our deep Scottish heritage.

One of the early bad-asses of our family line (northern Scotland, Viking in origin) was Aide-de-camp for Robert th' Bruce in the wars against England. Before that he was the closest thing to village sherif and in the group who rescued William Wallace after being beaten and left for dead by English soldiers (the Braveheart movie is not historically accurate). After the wars and after Queen Isabella renounced England's overlordship over Scotland, our ancestor was rewarded with land and castle for his role at Bruce's side.

Not long ago we bought a small chunk (a few yards by a few yards) of a Scottish conservatory, giving me the title of Lord if I so choose to use it.

edit on 25-7-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've never heard of half of you people, and I'm guessing that it might be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That was nice, thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

wondermost
One thing I will openly admit to you, that I feel I should be ashamed of but am not. I have never seen the movie The Big Lebowski......

You need to see it at least three times before the astounding zen-genius becomes apparent.

Before moving to Arizona, my specialties were filet mignon and meatloaf. Now I like Mexican food and also make a killer straight-up no-frills guacamole. I also really like pan-seared salmon... sometimes never turning it, letting the goodness of the skin infuse up into the meat.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ah, that's quite fascinating really. I must be honest and say I don't know all that much about my family up in Scotland. I moved away when I was around 6 years old (20 now) and I've only ever been back for 1 week since - which was this year in fact.

I was born on the west coast just across from the Isle of Arran in a nice little place called Saltcoats. Not too far away from Glasgow really, maybe an hour's drive. Beautiful place right by the coast. I'd love to visit it more often and learn a little bit about my family's history up there too. I've said many times I'll look into it more one day, and I still mean it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

giving me the title of Lord if I so choose to use it

Isn't "Lord Skeptic Overlord" a bit redundant?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Rising Against

Not long ago we bought a small chunk (a few yards by a few yards) of a Scottish conservatory, giving me the title of Lord if I so choose to use it.

edit on 25-7-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

thats awesome bill, and you know what , the title of lord really honestly and seriously suites you,if i was you id be honored ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join