It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Your ATS Staff - 2013 Edition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
Fed ex me one of those tacos!

No need.
Just get some soft white fish, Hake works good, and marinade in tequila, lime juice, chilies, and salt for about an hour.
Dust it with a mix of chili powder, cumin, salt, red pepper, white pepper and some lime zest.
Blacken it in a very-hot pan using avocado oil, chop it up when almost done, squirt some lime and tequila on it, once the liquids reduce put it all in a bowl.
Spoon it into shells with your favorite toppings. Queso Fresco is the best cheese to use. A mix of diced onions and diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro is a nice fresh topping.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Glad to meet you all. I'm John.

Originally posted by luciddream
Where is all the other Canadian mods!??? Holds up Wolverine's X!

You mean Intrepid. Yeah, I miss him too, plus he's from the same country than me.

Originally posted by Gazrok
My name is Chris, aka Gazrok.

Hi Gazrok. Nice too know a bit more about you.

Originally posted by masqua
Hey ATS… how's it going, eh?

Nice paintings, mate.

AND hello to ALL of you, too. This is a very nice thread. Star & Flag, SkepticOverlord.

edit on 25-7-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
marinade in tequila, lime juice, chilies, and salt for about an hour 35 years.

Amazing. Identical to my recipe for ossified liver.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That was really cool.....fun to get to know you all a little better.......you all seem to be really down to earth, artists, funny, interesting folks that love family and animals , what's not to Like....

As for Heff, he's probably just wanting to make an entrance.....plus we already know alot about him already...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

What would ATS be without you all ?

Youtube ?

Hahahah! Totally.

One of the greatest services performed by this site and the mods who run it is that it puts what we see into context with persistent dialog. When I see a post by a member or a mod, I sort of know what to expect (especially from that Neo guy) and understand the personalities behind what they say.

Without the mods, this place would indeed just be a site full of links and videos without any substantial meaning behind them.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Where is all the other Canadian mods!??? Holds up Wolverine's X!

Hey I'm on the first page

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We're missing the conspiracy chicks aka AshleyD and Asala aka Julie without them things wouldn't be the same

Come out Ash and Julie we miss you!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the recipe.

Next time I do tacos,I'll give that a day in court.
Sure looks and sounds tasty.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Also,

I would like to use this thread as a means to extend my and I am sure many others thanks to ATS and the staff.

Gems among the jungles of world wide web are hard to come by. I count ATS one of them and the staff is part of the reason

So THANKS!! from Canada.
edit on 25-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
We're missing the conspiracy chicks aka AshleyD and Asala aka Julie without them things wouldn't be the same

Come out Ash and Julie we miss you!

julie is busy being uncomfy , poor girl.. and the other gal she ll post here when she sees it

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
So THANKS!! from Canada.
edit on 25-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

And another THANKS from another canadian too.

Geez, how many Canadian are we on ATS? I thought Canada was small (population-wise) compared to the US...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'd also like to say thanks once again for the member's of this forum, each one making ATS a truly special place to browse. I'm truly proud to be a part of this place and I'm thankful for everyone who continues to make it a great place that is also a must see for all lovers of conspiracy and the alternative.

This is a unique website indeed, and you all make it so. With the posting of this thread here I hope we staffers look less like authority figures and more like your fellow members and fans of conspiracy, which is what we most certainly are. Thanks to all.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
As the inmate population grew, it was only a matter of time before the Jackboots let down their guards and attempted to paint themselves as nearly-human.

Now we have intimate details...even pics. We even have your fish taco recipes. Some of you are even likable.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hello mods!

Hello admin!

What would ATS be without you all ?

Youtube ?

Thanks for putting up with me I know it ain't easy.

Much,much respect.

Sucking up will get you everywhere, Neo!

Great thread, guys and gals. I think a few mods are missing so I won’t take back any “cointelpro” charges I’ve made in the past just yet!

This is one of those threads (first I’ve seen in my short time here actually) where mods let their guard down and we get to see behind the curtain a bit. It’s nice not to feel like the only one on stage for a change!

edit on 25-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nice to get some background on those I tend to challenge...or at least have in the past

Also interesting to see reasons for joining from all of you!

Thank you all for the introductions!
edit on 25-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Looks like I am late to the party... Well I wouldn't be "me" if I showed up on time.

These meet and greet type deals always leave me with an awkward and vacant grin and a completely blank mind. Having to try and sum myself up in a few bullet points or anecdotes is just not something I am good at - at all... Thus, where my norm is verbosity, this will likely be rather short and to the point ( Remind me I said that in about 23 paragraphs ).

I realize that, thanks to my current and long running avatar theme, many of you see my name and picture this:

But the truth of the matter isn't anywhere near as compelling....

You may point or laugh - but please refrain from doing both at once

One of the major difficulties I find myself in right now, in attempting to write a "Meet me" dialogue is that, well, anyone who actively reads ATS pretty much already knows me. I don't hold much back at all. It is my belief that what we leave locked inside is that which will poison us... So I let it out. ATS is my chosen venue for these purges of personal pains. I know that people are much more intrigued by mysterious people. I just suck at being mysterious.

Still I will try to add some information to the well - while trying to avoid bacon jokes in the process.

Finding ATS was not a epiphany moment for me. It happened over time. Over the course of months One of my habits, when I am bored, is to start doing Internet searches for anything and everything that comes to mind. Then I link surf from one site to the next until I can no longer continue finding relevant or new information on whatever subject got me going to begin with. One day it just dawned upon me that I was ending up on one sight pretty regularly. This sight. Abovetopsecret.com. From that point forward I pretty much skipped the search engines and came directly here whenever I was in the mood to lose myself in reading and learning.

I will not lie. Creating a membership and actually posting was daunting to me. While I consider myself a smart person... the posters here seemed to be so knowledgeable and possessing depth that I was fully intimidated. I felt like a goldfish who was entertaining dreams of jumping into the Pacific. I cannot count the number of "first" posts that I tabbed back out of without ever saying a word. Eventually my undeniable need to interact overpowered my doubts and I began posting some really, really forced things to ATS. I think my first thread was called "The Stuff I Do Not Hate Rant" - or something close to that. I even put on my profile all sorts of mentions about not having time for negativity.

I really, really, really wanted to be liked and accepted into this community.

Amazingly enough the great folks at ATS ignored my intitial, utterly pathetic attempts at winning friends and influencing people long enough that I began to find my legs. I began to post what I really thought, and not what I thought others would like to hear. Once that happened? It all began to go down like a Wes Craven movie. Next thing I knew I was in the ATS chat room interacting with interesting and potentially insane people from all over the planet. If you've never tried ATS chat - I strongly recommend it. It can be a blast!

Before long, I was hooked. The rest of the Internet was just a distant memory and something I only accessed when I was wanting to source what I wrote here ( On ATS sourcing is equal to "pics or it didn't happen" - I've even been tempted to source some of my general chit chat threads and rants just to avoid static! )

Then it happened...

A few years back I found myself in the middle of a very emotional and heated debate in a thread. For two or three straight days I had been engaged in all out war with a person who had very opposite views from me on a subject that I have some very deep feelings about. During that battle I honestly logged onto ATS, each time, thinking I would find my screen filled with the infamous "You've been banned" page. I was absolutely positive that I was not being civil enough in my posts and was sure it was not going to end well.

The third day of that battle debate, I think it was, I logged in and was relieved to find that I could get in and was not staring at the "You've been banned" screen. And to make it all that much more of a good day... My recent posts page was telling me that I had a message!!!

Nothing quite as exciting as seeing that doodad light up! I eagerly opened my inbox to see who might have messaged me. I was sure it would be another member telling me that they agreed with my position in the "debate" and that I was an all around awesome person for taking the stance that I happened to be taking.

My heart jumped into my throat when I saw that it was from Intrepid... The scariest moderator on ATS and the 17th scariest human being to ever live.

I was banned. I knew I was banned. It was over man... game over!

After about fifteen minutes of morosely staring at that name in my inbox, I finally got the courage up to click it... I was ready to take my medicine. I was ready to read the words "As soon as you show as having read this message, your account will be terminated."

Only that's not what it said...

It was a message asking me if I wished to join the staff here.

This jacked me up so bad that I contemplated going to the ER to get a CAT scan to check for head injuries... because it just was not what I was expecting.

Shortly therafter I agreed and the rest is history.

As for how I feel about this place now? All these years later? I still love it. I'm a bit crankier these days than I used to be. The feelings of insecurity are gone. But every single day I log on and I am always amazed by somebody here. Every single day. You people, be you staff, members, old timers, newbies, lurkers, or whatever are simply amazing and I am unbelievably proud to be a part of this... to be associated with each and every one of you.

As others have said before me... My inbox is always open! Just remember... you may point or laugh. But not both.

edit on 7/25/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sucking up will get you everywhere, Neo?

Nope

Just an 'empathic' comment knowing how much crap I take on here, Lord only knows how much they take.

People on ATS seem to forget ATS mod/admins are people too.

Respect makes the whole world go round, and never get's devalued, and makes it a better place.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff you know If a zombie apocalypse actually happened you would be my first choice zombie basher

We would both save the girls and still have time for many beers

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dude...what are you doing in my room? Now, I'm really freaked out...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Don't doubt the power of the Heff...

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join