It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Your ATS Staff - 2013 Edition

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Again I was late checking my inbox!!!

It is a pleasure meeting all of the staff members. I really enjoyed this site way back in the day before I muster up and join. Please continue the hard work and investment you men or (gals) put into this site. Without you today, I would have still been stuck on the moon with noway out.

You people are very professional and well educated and I hope you continue the hard work as many years to come.

Again, thank you for your hard works and labors and without you guys, the internet probably be shutdown by now!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Has the always beautiful Asala had her bambino yet?

Last I saw on Facebook, still at the hospital.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Silver Surfer via Joe Satriani

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hello all,

My name is Simon. I somehow concocted the site that is AboveTopSecret.com many moons ago, making me member numero uno.

Apologies for being extremely late to the conversation. I've been away for the last few days celebrating a friend's impending marriage, a tradition that doesn't contain any alcohol or odd behaviour of any kind whatsoever...

Now that you know I'm only human, here's a little about me:

I'm 31 years old and live in England. Back when I first had the concept for ATS, the website was nothing more than a very small website with less than a handful of pages containing information about secret military installations and projects including Area 51 and the Aurora aircraft. I've always a deep interest in what extraordinary technologies may exist, but which the average person is not privy too. This is what led me to start a website to discuss such topics and the conspiracy theories surrounding them!

Through the course of years, the website gained a small trusted following of visitors. As ATS evolved beyond more than a few pages into a simplistic social network, and with the unfortunate events of 9/11, we soon experienced a massive spike in interest and growing membership. Through these interesting times I have made close friendships with many, including those who today, over a decade later, help manage day-to-day operations of the website. I've had a very pleasant trip down memory lane reminiscing as I re-read my fellow staff's introductions.

ATS would not be what it is today without the help and dedication of SkepticOverlord, Springer, Crakeur, the administrators and incredible team of mods all over the globe. I am extremely grateful to have met quite a few in person as well, especially to my friend William One Sac who we've said goodbye to.

For your amusement, here is a rather sleepy self-portrait I just took in the guest throne room:

All the best to the ATS staff, membership and visiting guests,

Simon
edit on 31-7-2013 by SimonGray because: Tweak

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

I'm 31 years old and live in England

Oh my GOD! You're a baby! You could have gone to high school with Mark Zuckerberg!

Congratulations on the success of your brain child! I can't tell you how much this site has helped me in research, exposure to new topics and friends, given me courage and a thick skin, as well as hours and hours of entertainment.

I work from my home, and often find my way to the ATS break room to linger at the "water cooler" to get the daily gossip, jokes and puns, hot topics and more!

Thank you!

You look thin, have a cookie!

And don't forget:

Sincerely,
This Old Lady
Windword

edit on 31-7-2013 by windword because: Old lady qualification

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

:p I can't help myself.... I'm a mom....
Close your drawers and put your clothes up

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

This thread....

It's awesome.

Its so cool to read the stories of so many staff members all at once. I usually don't talk to mods much, I'm from the slums of ATS.

Without seeming too self-indulgent, may I share a little about myself too? Pweeze? Since all the staff and the *higher up* members seem to be here...

I've been dying to make more friends lately, both on and offline. So...

XxNightAngelusxX, AKA Jewel.

I use the username XxNightAngelusxX for nearly everything, because my short term is virtually non-existent, and if I use more than one username online, I will forget them. And also, the name is a cross-code between Latin and English. "Night" obviously meaning Night, and "Angelus" meaning angel.

Google translates "angel of the night" into "nocte angelus," and "Nocte" means "night."

So, alternatively, my username means "angel of the night."

Fitting for me, because I'm a goth/punk girl. Ya know, spikes, chains, dark make-up, that whole chestnut.

Jewel is my *real* name (for the internet). Its my all-use alias, no one online knows my real name.

Jewel is the name of the character in my avatar, one of my oldest characters from my oldest story. She sums me up pretty well, even in appearance (mostly, except my hair is crimson red, not black). And I'm not an anime character. My avatar is a more recent drawing of her.

As for personality? Meh...

Most of you know me as "just another member." Or, ya don't know me at all.

Some of you know me because I love to write, draw, and share my stories.

Some of you are my friends, and like who I am, and what I have to say.

And, some of you see me and know me as the "Oh my God, not her again." person.

SOOOO, back on the topic... I read the first three pages of this thread and intend to read the rest, I just wanted to throw my input in before the thread closes shop.

Bottom line, I adore this site.

Where else can you rant about, literally, nearly EVERY topic out there.

Where else can you post about the NDAA or about gun control, and people actually appreciate and respond to it? Not facebook, for damn sure.

On facebook, the best response I got for an anti gun control post was "omg like plz stop posting this stuff its annoying." And ATSers are quite the opposite. People actually LIKE to hear things that need to be said around here.

THANK YOU for that, ATS.

And also, for giving me feedback on my rants. I am a serious ranter.

Sorry to spew my guts here, but I just turned 20 years old, I love digging (even when it drives me mad), and I LOVE meeting new people and becoming friends with them.

Problem is, I SUCK at it. I'm the anti-social dark girl who everyone avoided because I was unpopular, or just downright scary. I can never bring myself to be the first person to start a conversation.

But ATS seems to have arms wide open to all types of people, from all over the world, and I adore that.

ATS seems like the perfect place to make friends who actually CARE about the state of the world, and that's what I need! That's what we ALL need!

It's a prepper's best weapon. Networking! Loved ones!

Ima wrap this up, cause its almost four in the morning and I still haven't done dishes yet...

I just want to say, I haven't gotten around ATS enough yet to build a rep, but hopefully when I do, I'll have all of you on my friends list. Friends are priceless.

I love you guys, peace

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Lovely intro young lady and not sad that you "spewed them out)

Great place to be when one is not in RL!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Seasoned Selfie practitioner
Taking one in the loo of all places

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Seasoned Selfie practitioner
Taking one in the loo of all places

The best place to be... on the throne!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

The best place to be... on the throne!

Like this one?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The man, The Legend, The Founder.

Also, coolest name, EVER.

Second is neformore's real name, which I won't divulge here. But it's totally badass.

Third, is Juan Pablo Montoya.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

But ATS seems to have arms wide open to all types of people, from all over the world, and I adore that.

ATS seems like the perfect place to make friends who actually CARE about the state of the world, and that's what I need! That's what we ALL need!

That is a fantastic summation of what we were going for with this thread. To demonstrate the "community" aspect of ATS and to show that the staff are also just what you described: all types of people from all over the world.

Honestly, it's the community part of ATS that has kept me here for so many, many, years, and in my opinion keeps our membership here, even those who take breaks and return later, rather than just clicking on the next site they find.

A truly special and unique place that I'm so proud to be a part of.

Thank you for your thoughtful post!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

That is actually what I was in the middle of doing ( though I'd gotten lazy and taken an extended break at the time ) when this picture was taken! I was in the middle of putting laundry away!

The boxes seen were from birthday presents. I am always hesitant to throw away packing materials for the first few weeks of having anything new - in case it ends up not working right and needs to go back.

The unmade bed, however? That is normal.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Simon Gray really DOES exist ???

Nothing personal...
I always thought of you as a Remington Steele type of character...Deepest apologies !!!

And my Highest Respect !!!

Wow !!!

(where is a blushing emoticon when I need one...)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Has the always beautiful Asala had her bambino yet?

Yep, a little girl!

edit on 1-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Everyone;

Lovely intro young lady and not sad that you "spewed them out)

Thank ya.

The man, The Legend, The Founder.

Basically my thoughts when I saw Simon's post after replying...

I always wondered why SkepticOverlord and a couple other people seemed to run the site, but I've never heard anything from the original founder. This thread cleared that up for me, though. Really awesome to see something from the founder.

Honestly, it's the community part of ATS that has kept me here for so many, many, years, and in my opinion keeps our membership here, even those who take breaks and return later, rather than just clicking on the next site they find.

You're welcome! And me too.

I deleted my facebook, pretty much don't use any other site apart from ATS.

Its my only social website

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

For your amusement, here is a rather sleepy self-portrait I just took in the guest throne room:

All the best to the ATS staff, membership and visiting guests,

Simon
edit on 31-7-2013 by SimonGray because: Tweak

Somebody knock on the door and tell Simon his presence is required on line

Cody

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

That is a fantastic summation of what we were going for with this thread. To demonstrate the "community" aspect of ATS and to show that the staff are also just what you described: all types of people from all over the world.

Dj,
you just summed it up even better than I could have added to that quoted post.
!!!

'The Beauty Of the Community!", I've always said.

when and where we see folks set aside their personal differences in support of another Fellow Member.

Time and Time Again, It Happens Here On ATS.

.. of that, I'm VERY Proud to be a part of those who make this ALL possible.

I Love To Live For MY ATS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/fanboi

but, seriously, that has to be one of, if not THE, most reinforcing aspect of my continued participations here.

not a days' gone by where i didn't learn something, about either myself or the world and peoples around me, since first registering an account.

I'd say that's a damn good thing.

Since I've always been of the mindset that, a day past, where you didn't learn something about yourself or the world asround you, was a wasted day. (?)

my 'life' mantra, for the most part, if you will

Thank You each and every, ALL, I truly enjoy my time here above all else that i do online... and, actually, even moreso than some of what i have to do/be in real life.

Y'All are The Best.

Jon

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Oh I feel sorta bad now
I'll pass on something someone told me a long time ago when I was in my twenties, and had a mother in law that just railed me all the time about my housekeeping or lack there of. "A person who keeps a perfectly spotless home, is usually the person who has nothing better to do"

That's probably bound to offend someone as well, and I'll go ahead and apologize in advance, however at the time it sure made me feel better! I was young and loved to have fun and be doing just about anything OTHER than cleaning, to say the least. IF your house looked that way ALL THE TIME.... that's your business !!! Just thought it was funny that's all, hey- I have seen some pretty embarrassing photo FAILS that I'm fairly certain you'd be more than happy you hadn't posted, and would be more than happy just to keep your clothes laying around behind you instead of what I SAW in the background of those pics! Ewwww is all I can say

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join