It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOKO ONO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here is a random conspiracy theory to hash out:

Was YOKO ONO specifically sent by an agency to break up the Beatles?

Debate!

*EDIT RULES OF DEBATE*

Rhetoric must have a #Rh disclaimer before and after use,

Any personal attacks must be made humorous (try to stay civil.)

That's about it.
edit on 23-7-2013 by teachtaire because: Rules

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

The Beatles officially disbanded over 43 years ago in 1970. After playing together, John, Paul, George for more than 15 years.....All things must pass. They were four adults moving on with life, continued to produce solo albums where each of them appeared on each others albums.

So, IMHO, there is no credible evidence to support your hypothesis. The Greatest Rock Band ever, simply got tired and decided to move on. Their music lives on to this day and more of their records are sold than the one hit wonders of the the last 4 decades combined. Story Closed.

Debate if you want, but I know enough about the Beatles probably more than any other subject and I'm completely fine with that. "Let It Be"
edit on 23-7-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I'm only spectating.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My opinion of Yoko Ono's singing is, it is horrible. Not sure why John Lennon felt she could contribute to the Beatles. She may be one reason for the Beatle break-up. Paul McCartney redoing some of their musical parts with his own rendition probably brought out some heated arguments as well.

I listened to them growing up and still like some of their tunes.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I think so, 'for what it's worth'.

Her background and talent are certainly suspect.

Check out the Laurel Canyon stuff. I think it fits.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

#RH . .. I Always thought she a REAL HOT .. . Plus a REAL Nice Lady. . .. HR#

Unless she was doing the other members like Debbie does Dallas I just can't see her trying to break the band up. I think she really loved john. .. .. Especially on Pay Day. ..

edit on 23-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The conspiracy is John being shot.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
DP

edit on 23-7-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
The conspiracy is John being shot.

The Beatles disbanded in 1970, John was murdered in 1980, what's that got to do with Yoko Ono causing the disbanding of the Beatles? After all, she was heavily involved in the production and approval of the 1993 Anthology project and the Cirque du Soleil Beatles Love show.......?? Yoko had no connection with the murder of John....unless you have facts to prove otherwise. Just "Let It Be" and let his and the Beatles music live on which still makes people happy today, young and old!!! Peace!!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Yoko Ono didn't break up The Beatles. Sir Paul McCartney did. Yoko Ono was sent to break up John's musical genius (but that's another "conspiracy" altogether.)

I think Yoko is more of a cover story..a convenient scapegoat. Fact is, The Beatles were growing up and going in different directions.

Or as John put it,

“We were tired of being sidemen for Paul.”

www2.gibson.com...

Paul had the ego and the talent to branch out on his own. Look at songs like "Yesterday." He was thinking soloist a long time while with The Beatles. He just had his own drive and the other Fab Three weren't keeping up.

Don't blame it on Yoko!

edit on 24-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
No Ono was not sent to breakup the beatles nor did she personaly break them up, McCartney has said so recently..as far as John and Yoko..love is a crazy drug for sure. not sure what the whole double fantasy album was about..lol but hey i guess its art and subjective.
as noted by other posters they had been together for some time and musically were growing apart and staying in the group at that point was probably creativley stiffling..they had outgrown it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I thought John met yoko when he happened to attend one of art exhibitions

He wasn't that bothered about it until he saw a ladder with a spyglass attached to a canvass on the ceiling

When he got to the top there was a single word there

When he peaked throught the spy glass all it said was yes

After that he stayed in the gallery and got to know yoko

Hardly the way the to get someone to break the Beatles up is it?

top topics

join