It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US plans to bring Iran oil exports down to zero (No, Seriously, read this)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The US is being very foolish. China cannot be told not to buy oil. They have a need for oil and have also accepted that new forms of energy must be made available for everyone...and before US consumerism completely tanks US consumers need to be given the option to supplement their hardships and become more environmentally conscious by doing what many of us desire to do...and that is be able to purchase more affordable alternative energy. If we wait we will have less of a chance as things get worse. Our energy consumption is pretty hefty per capita and if we don't get on board with this we just look like big spoiled spenders who expect other countries to do without. This has to end. The people in countries like China who are seeing growth in wages will then be able to supply these things for their own large consumption if we grow up and allow them to bank on that market. If our smaller populations think they can just make these decisions for these large powerful countries, then somebody has got to put a stop to this. This time of transition is too critical to be acting so juvenile.

China is facing a challenge of climate change and trying to supply the solution while the more wealthy countries of the world and their consumers who are known for buying too much junk anyway still have the opportunity to make a huge dent in energy consumption by going green. Most of us want clean energy but can't afford to get started and see significant cost and energy savings ... enough to make a difference. We have our priorities backwards if we don't realize this and go with the flow. Help china help us and stop worshiping the dollar bill. It would also benefit each and every one of us financially by giving us lasting energy options. If we spiral the world into greater conflict, those we compete with will not be able to concentrate on what is most important and that is the planet itself. Instead we force them to concentrate on military and weapons. This is a waste and should be considered criminal. This effects the entire planet and our futures. We need to be making a big partnership here without these silly reservations.

We do not want people who cannot understand this making our choices for us.
We need to stop being scared children focusing on seizing oil and markets and let it run efficiently and use the benefits of doing good business and start phasing it out by using the profits for energy endeavors... not war to control something that will not last.

The age of oil is not going to last forever. the planet will be destroyed first.
We need to make it count and be responsible with it and make necessary changes.
Oil supplying countries will have to make the transition as well... so we shouldn't be trying to hurt them like this. They need to save and prepare for the future as well. If the planet does make the transition to clean energy, then the life blood of those economies will grow smaller... and they know this. How dare anyone rob them of the chance to profit, save and advance... over something that belongs to them in the first place.

The US is now going to send weapons to rebels in Syria and we have been told that if US involvement becomes large that it could cost a monthly billion. What these people are doing is insane. We've got other things we need to be focusing on to make living better but it seems to be the US that is trying to start something that will slash the world's population. This is going to be a costly waste that could be rectified almost any other way.
edit on 26-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I am not sure "population reduction" is a goal of USA in waging wars.

Population can be reduced more effectively in peacetime by adopting family planning measures.

Middle east is still about Israel and Zionism rather than oil. The gameplan is to keep on disrupting societies surrounding Israel so that nobody becomes powerful enough to challenge Israel.

Iran has become a priority as its regime is seen threatening to Israel. Nothing else.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Killing people by war is far more expensive that reducing child birth. This is a known fact.

War is a manifestation of hatred and greed and whet ever is bad in human's nature.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
I am not sure "population reduction" is a goal of USA in waging wars.

Population can be reduced more effectively in peacetime by adopting family planning measures.

Middle east is still about Israel and Zionism rather than oil. The gameplan is to keep on disrupting societies surrounding Israel so that nobody becomes powerful enough to challenge Israel.

Iran has become a priority as its regime is seen threatening to Israel. Nothing else.

Historically, a large war has produced jobs both at home and in active combat... but the modern era is different as war becomes so expensive. It produces more debt than opportunity. It is believed that entering WW2 eliminated the end of the Great depression. Cars had been hitting the market, oil was being sought, the rich became even more greedy and wealth was extremely displaced. Bankers were hated and oil companies were making huge overseas deals and most notably in the middle east. The gold standard started being eliminated and replaced by other investments and a currency war ensued. (Does any of that sound familiar?) The whole of global trade was shaken, fought over in various ways and locations and the monetary system was revised after power was re-established. The west set it's eyes on the middle east as a whole. Then Europe gave permission to take Palestinian land for the Jews and they have an obvious policy of spreading.. both in toppling governments and physically taking over. This permission backed by European interest is very strange because it goes against what Catholics and Christians read in their book. In other words, the religious aspect was just a mask... just a way to get people riled up and involved. Romans had used and abused Jews before and Catholic Europe did it again by allowing them a self persecuting entitlement. This is why so many influential Israelis are European. Zionism itself IS about oil, greed, money and control... but religion does immensely complicate things. The world seems to accomplish more peaceful interaction when the big churches of various religions settle down and stay out of social engineering... and if big money could stay out of foreign politics, we might actually realize a global psychiatric healing and get somewhere.

Oil is now a standard... a life blood of economies and once again it must be replaced but it's not going to be exactly the same pattern and it's not going to be as simple as pumping a new resource out of the ground.
Our greatest asset is our intellect. Our resourcefulness, invention, faith, communication and global consciousness is the territory to dominate and believe me... they are well aware of this.

Controlling the birth rate before it becomes a problem is an important challenge but I agree that decreasing the population in a war is a convenient after effect in some cases, rather than a forethought. Our numbers can be troublesome but in reality, they need us... well, they need a lot of us. They don't need a lot of dead bodies and disease... so if they do decide to eliminate us, they would want to do it clean and eliminate all traces of large groups of people, instead of in a messy war or seemingly accidental devastation.

I think most of the things they are causing to go wrong are done out of simple stupidity, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We're discussing this thread on ATS Live tonight! - click the link for more details
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oh my.

Suddenly I'm nervous. I'll be listening hopefully, but will not be attempting to call in.

I'm glad to read this though. I think this is very important and people need to be aware how much global strings are constantly being pulled at and how this makes the world a much more unstable place for us all.

I hope it goes well.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Companies in those countries doing business with Iran previously given a pass will be cut off from the US economy.

Wow, that could put Wal-Mart out of business

There must be a lot of plastic junk at Wal-Mart that was made in china using iranian oil.

I realize you are being sarcastic but actually it's funny you mention this because plastic IS made from petrochemicals. hmmmm.

Do I think this will totally keep Chinese products from being imported to the US? No, but a point I want to repeat is that these Iranian deals are tied to the Chinese government. In China, a lot of business is government owned... and if any endeavor is being sought by the Chinese government, you know these huge energy and trade endeavors are a product of the Chinese government.
edit on 27-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I also want to add, now that I think about it, that new energy manufacturers do use a lot of plastics and resins made from petrochemicals and both of these Chinese industries are largely state controlled.

This is why this seems like a sanction by proxy to China in the making. And this is AFTER they have been fighting western tariffs on clean energy products. This is an attack on their energy markets from both ends.

When you combine that with all the other things we are seeing, I think it's a very bad sign.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I read COMPANIES not COUNTRIES BIG difference

Line 3

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
I read COMPANIES not COUNTRIES BIG difference

Line 3

Can you name these companies?

Can you tell me how effectively they will be able to isolate them from other Chinese businesses... especially if they are state run?

Being state run... who's the company owner? Who will be cut off? And how many other state run Chinese companies will be effected?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
CNOOC...state owned
Sinopec... state owned
CNPC... state owned

Check out this quote...

All three of China’s biggest state-controlled oil companies have clinched deals with Tehran to develop some of Iran’s biggest oil and gasfields

These are some of the biggest companies world wide.

www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com...

They are huge government owned blocks that fuel Chinese economy that are about to get sanctioned.
That article directly mentions "sanctioning" some of China's biggest government run companies.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Oh, now THIS is interesting...

By last year, it had already spent over $32 billion in mergers and acquisitions. While much of that was in Syria, Argentina and Russia, it also conducted a $7.24-billion takeover of a Swiss exploration company, Addax Petroleum Corp.

So you have to consider that this not only effects companies within China's borders, but also the fact that they own companies in other countries... all over the place.... so it will effect those as well. PLUS... Syria?? Enough said.

www.investmentu.com...

With all that they are buying up... it seems someone wants to globally blackball them.

They have bought companies in North America. They are huge companies.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think it is interesting to note that that last article states that China uses HALF what the US uses.

That is inexcusable. And we try to block clean energy products from them? Inexcusable!

And now this, this just shows that we are wasteful sore losers and I dont see how they are going to stand for this. I bet they have bought debt from US energy companies. I wonder if I could find that. Is sanctioning them an attempt to make it all go away? I don't think they are going to take any of this sitting down.

Ah, yes... On an ABC article I read they have been buying oil and power companies in the US.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Chinese government plan is to dominate oil and gas production worldwide.

This puts China in a conflicting position with US who has the same goal.

Control of oil resource give Chinese better prices than the open market. This also provides safety from market disruptions.

I am not sure how much oil China buys from open market. However I have a feeling that China has already secured bulk of its supplies. So higher prices of oil may be hurting Western economies more than China's.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
Chinese government plan is to dominate oil and gas production worldwide.

This puts China in a conflicting position with US who has the same goal.

Control of oil resource give Chinese better prices than the open market. This also provides safety from market disruptions.

I am not sure how much oil China buys from open market. However I have a feeling that China has already secured bulk of its supplies. So higher prices of oil may be hurting Western economies more than China's.

I agree with this. Looking at how big these companies are and their buy outs, it suggests huge implications... if true that they are going to attempt to block these companies on the Western market.

The thing is, they did it pretty fair and square at a great cost.

I just listened to the live show on this thread and think it was a good discussion. They brought up the idea that it could simply be propaganda. I certainly hope that is correct but have seen two articles of different sources speaking of it. I'm not sure if that is what they mean by propaganda or that it is propaganda coming from the mouths of our own politicians but if the latter is true, they shouldn't be playing that game, but we know they do this all the time. There's already too much tension in the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

I just wish America would release ,legally or otherwise,energy sources and technology we all KNOW they have and do an end run around the entire oil mess.
We should have been off the combustion engine 50 years ago,if money had not obstructed the global path we are now stuck on.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by GargIndia

I just wish America would release ,legally or otherwise,energy sources and technology we all KNOW they have and do an end run around the entire oil mess.
We should have been off the combustion engine 50 years ago,if money had not obstructed the global path we are now stuck on.

And Joe Blow can't just mass produce a car... so USCAR and the dept of Energy has our hands tied.

It should be considered criminal. We should start a massive lawsuit... not just a petition but a massive class action lawsuit.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Cut ties with the U.S.??? Hardly, they are the fourth largest supplier of crude to the U.S., after Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, in that order.

They also own a major gas and diesel service chain in the U.S.

While they've nationalized various companies, they surely don't turn any possible profits any more than anyone else.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

What you miss and isn't being reported is the Chinese economy is tanking fast.

The acquisitions- and the gold purchases- are to get the cash spent and procuring real assets. The currency is about to become a disaster, per numerous news letters out there.

They are bailing from their own economy. Diversifying....fast.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

What do you mean by "Chinese economy tanking fast"? By which yardstick?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join