It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out the trailer for COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey, a 13-part docu-series debuting in 2014 on FOX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This ought to be really good! I think this is a great Idea. Update the COSMOS series that Carl Sagan did.

Published on Jul 21, 2013

Official Trailer from Comic-Con | COSMOS | FOX BROADCASTING

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
here's more from the up coming show...

More than three decades after the debut of “Cosmos: A Personal Voyage,” Carl Sagan’s stunning and iconic exploration of the universe as revealed by science, COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY sets off on a new voyage for the stars. Seth MacFarlane (FAMILY GUY, AMERICAN DAD) and Sagan’s original creative collaborators – writer/executive producer Ann Druyan and astronomer Steven Soter – have teamed to conceive a 13-part docu-series that will serve as a successor to the Emmy and Peabody Award-winning original series.

Hosted by renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, the series will explore how we discovered the laws of nature and found our coordinates in space and time. It will bring to life never-before-told stories of the heroic quest for knowledge and transport viewers to new worlds and across the universe for a vision of the cosmos on the grandest scale. COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY will invent new modes of scientific storytelling to reveal the grandeur of the universe and re-invent celebrated elements of the legendary original series, including the Cosmic Calendar and the Ship of the Imagination. The most profound scientific concepts will be presented with stunning clarity, uniting skepticism and wonder, and weaving rigorous science with the emotional and spiritual into a transcendent experience.

source www.fox.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Looks amazing can't wait!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Looks amazing can't wait!

Yes, and at least you won't have to wait in line.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
'Cosmos: A Personal Voyage' was one of the best series ever televised, fiction or non-fiction. Although it ran for only one season (13 episodes) in 1980, I learned more about the universe in that one season than I have in the 33 years since. Carl Sagan was second to none (with the possible exception of Richard Feynman) explaining complex theories to the average layman in a simple, understandable way.

It's a shame that COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY is only slated to be another 13-part docu-series. I think there are enough mysteries of the universe to warrant a lifetime of episodes.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
S & F

I-CAN'T- WAIT.

No other words to say, other than to ask if there is a remote chance that they will air it later this year...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I've long felt that if they remade Cosmos, that Neil DeGrasse Tyson should host it. He seems to have carried the late Carl Sagan's torch as an astrophysicist whose brought it to the pop culture realm, as opposed to being strictly a stuffy academic type. The first time that I watched the original Cosmos, it was almost a religious experience. I'm glad that they're remaking and updating it, I hope that they devote an episode to Carl Sagan, tell his story as well as clips from the original. I also hope that they retain the almost reverential tone of the original.

I'm also glad that Seth McFarlaine is involved, I know his style of humour isn't exactly everybody's cup of tea, but I know that he's a very smart guy who is also a big fan of Sagan and the original Cosmos.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I can't find one word in what you wrote that I don't agree with. Great post!

as they say, "what he said" !

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've seen Neil DeGrasse Tyson speak on a panel,he acts like real dick head always trying to be the center of attention, interrupting other people all the time. Also he says the same sht over and over. So, same sheit, different graphics.
I'll probably watch it anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here's a recent podcast that Tyson did on this upcoming event...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Neil is a fantastic choice to host this

He can explain any complex astrophysics in a away that is not condescending in any way

This show is gonna be great

link   

He can explain any complex astrophysics in a away that is not condescending in any way

link   

link   

link   

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Just little bump to this old thread.

We getting closer to experience updated Cosmos.

Tyson on Carl Sagan:

What a great choice for host....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

When is it going to start airing?

I went to the Fox website mentioned in one of the posts, and although there was a blurb talking about the show I couldn't find any info on when it will begin airing.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Riffrafter
reply to post by SuperFrog

When is it going to start airing?

I went to the Fox website mentioned in one of the posts, and although there was a blurb talking about the show I couldn't find any info on when it will begin airing.

There is no release data yet.

Only is known that is sometimes in next year... www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Never mind, after a bit look at internet - here is date:

March 9 2014

Source: mashable.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, did anyone watch Comos tonight?? I did. It was pretty good.

new topics

top topics

join