It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders $1 Million Returned to Exotic Dancer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

Your indoctrination is 100% complete. I should congratulate our trainers, fine job, fine job.
Every one I know is on board too...its over for this country, it's too late.

We just waited far too long for CHANGE...sad times we live in.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Haha some of the comments here are very amusing. It's not possible for a stripper to make 15 mil in 15 years

Those posters probably have never been to a strip club in their life. I've spent close to 500 dollars on some nights as did a couple of my friends. No illegal activity either.,, just regular fun stuff.

Kinda sad many people here passing judgement on strippers and painting such a broad negative picture saying their all drug addicts or alcoholics which is simply not true. I think we forget you don't have to be a stripper or any type of person like that to have nasty habits. I personally know a lawyer that does more drugs than any stripper I've known. Lets not forget the big GW Bush had his time with Snow White.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out

Your indoctrination is 100% complete. I should congratulate our trainers, fine job, fine job.
Every one I know is on board too...its over for this country, it's too late.

We just waited far too long for CHANGE...sad times we live in.

Nice try at disinformation but Experience is not the same as Indocternation. You assume much yet Know little about Where I stand,

On majority of issues I totally concur that yes we live in a police state. if you had ever bothered to read my posts. However, when it comes to Human Rights and by that I mean human rights for Female humans to be free and NOT just Fck toilets for males,

Then Yes I am way apart from most here on Those issues, and I never hide that fact. See That's one of those things about being a FREE THINKER and not some BIMBO GROUP THINK CHEERLEADER for the BOYS.

As for the other, about the thread and the lady that makes a thousand, etc.,

Uh, READ slowly, I do believe I said that one there is a Hiearchy in the Industry and two that Depending ON the type of place And clientelle, etc. In Other words, yes it's possible for a server to make a thousand in a night, on a weekend, IF it's a place where there is high end clientelle. Tips are based not just on looks by the way unless you're an ignoramous with the maturity of a Twelve year old, on the total sum of the bill. Therefore, this 1,000 tip by a High end Surgeon on a rooftop, was most likely a very costly place where the plate alone cost more than a Weeks worth of meals at a Black Eye Peas or Fridays, etc. so Sure IF you work in a place like that you can earn good tips, MALE OR FEMALE SERVERS. Only exception would be if you work in a place where it's salary base only and is catered to CEOs in a more private lunchroom setting for business, where it's strictly formal, etc. and is usually operated by the business itself. Those are rare, but they do exist.

So my point is, you cannot Generalize the tips wages of a server or exotic dancer Soley on the tips of one, Every place is different as the Cost ratio if the customer is different. Not only that, even in those higher end places where tips are good, it's NOT an ALWAYS, it's seasonal, depending on economy and suspend able income, Competition from other places, etc., and also, New workers. Aging out and fresh faces can hurt servers, at some places, why they work to build a CONSISTANT clientelle at their tables, etc. IF they work in a place they can do that.

So just because your lady friend makes a thousand, in No way means other servers will make that much in other places, and unless this surgeon goes in night after night and weekend after weekend, I would almost bet that thousand dollars was a rare thing. It's NOT dependable income, and Yes many actually will LIE about how. Uh they make because for some reason they don't like to admit they didn't make as much as another server. You have good nights and bad nights, just depends on what you sell and gratuity rate, etc., type of clients, even the Weather can effect how much tips one makes. Also how fast tables turn, just a lot of variables.

Same way in strip Industry, my Point was the overall Generalizing is pure Falsehood. It's NOT thus high paying glamorous career by No means, sure some can make good money, it comes with a Cost. in fact that includes waitressing, depending on years there are ankle injuries, back injuries and Just try to get compensation for those Years later! ha, good luck n that one.

Yes I worked at one sports bar where on some weekends a few men would tip big, one would come in and if he sat in your section you were guaranteed to make Every time a hundred from him Alone. he was quite the show off that way. He was also a pain in the ass as he thought he was a demi god and other tables would have to wait while this one man would run you back and forth. IF you flirted with him he'd tip you more, I'm sure some of the women I worked with went out with him. But That ALWAYS backfires, eventually. I wouldn't so I didn't make the extra cash, but I kept my self respect intact and well That's priceless, it ain't for sale. I seen a few compromise but in the end it NEVER paid off...

I also had one experience where a man was so drunk he kept shoving bills at me. I returned them. Why? because for all I knew he had kids at home and maybe this FOOL of a drunk would regret not having money for little Johny's bike he promised him, or Maybe his wife was home and was Counting on him to be honest, or Maybe he was just lonely and easily taken advantage of. But I can assure you many of the servers Would have just said thanks and taken him to the cleaners.

So I docternation? No. I've just seen the Worst in people and frankly I'm just no nonsense about saying it as it is. If its unpopular,

Too damn Bad.
edit on 25-7-2013 by ThreeBears because: Typos

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
Haha some of the comments here are very amusing. It's not possible for a stripper to make 15 mil in 15 years

Those posters probably have never been to a strip club in their life. I've spent close to 500 dollars on some nights as did a couple of my friends. No illegal activity either.,, just regular fun stuff.

Kinda sad many people here passing judgement on strippers and painting such a broad negative picture saying their all drug addicts or alcoholics which is simply not true. I think we forget you don't have to be a stripper or any type of person like that to have nasty habits. I personally know a lawyer that does more drugs than any stripper I've known. Lets not forget the big GW Bush had his time with Snow White.

really, lol, 500 a night? that's a LOT of alcohol, Even for a large table with several, house drinks are costly but they ain't That costly, you have to be running a Pretty large tab to spend that amount of money Even WITH tipping lap dances. so how would you discern whether or not those strippers were alcoholics or drug addicts? You knew then off clock too?

So uh No, that would NOT make you an expert about strippers. Hardly. Especially if you're half ass drunk IN the establishment,

While those who WORK on clock Usually are not that drunk that they can't discern what's the character etc of a person. Again so you Don't misunderstand that's while ON the clock. After hours is a whole other ballgame,

Yea you see those bartenders, those runs, usually we're After hours and they all like to go for breakfast in the wee hours of the morning so yea, it's not uncommon for bar servers, clubs etc to hang at the same eating places in those wee hours of morning and you get to Know a few of them, so, and by the way, That was in Texas so yea,

I call BULLKAKI on that one.

Besides, Depicting the TRUTH about the Industry is NOT the same as demonizing them for drugs, alcohol or lifestyle. Deconstructing the Glamor MYTHS that like to generalize to paint some lie of a picture of these empowered women and men just having some "harmless fun" is in no way puritanical or right wing or any of that other no sense. Good try however,

Yes those of us who work in Education about the truth of the industry are quite use to the myths, fantasies, lies and evasive tactics. Point is, though yes there are SOME, exceptions, the industry as a whole is rotten,

And going Back to the OP topic where the debate was over what the money was for and if she earned it, etc or if it was drug money, several generalize as if the sex industry is this Glorious business where lots of. Only to be made and it's all on the up and up. To that I say BULL, I know better. Not from a puritanical belief system, hardly, from having seen it and working With those who work with exited women/trafficking victims, etc and many of them are exited women themselves.

Btw, I am hardly right wing, can't stand Bush, nor Obama. Try again...Fail, seriously. Maybe it's all those 500 bar tabs.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I've worked in the restaurant industry myself for the last 10 or so years as a server/bartender/manager. $100 a night is a low typical average, weekends obviously more. I also know it does depend on many things, tip-outs, location, type of atmosphere. It really is a great living. Even at $100 take home in tips in an 8 hour shift it breaks down to $12.50 an hour in tips on top of your normal wage, which depending on the state (tip credit or non tip credit) it breaks down to $16-$19 an hour.

It's NOT hard work and it IS good money. Considering construction jobs (HARD physical labor) typically start at $9-$10 an hour I wouldn't ever complain about a tip based job.

On a side note, I can relate to you on sundays, 10% and a pamphlet all day long, everyone drinks water, and splits meals...I know.

* by the way as far as stripping goes, you don't have a clue, it's NOTHING like working in a restaurant as a server or bartender. Strippers generally DON'T make tips. They charge house fees and keep a percentage. They do make some tips, but the bulk income is set fees of dances.
edit on 25-7-2013 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: add on

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Has anyone even bothered to read the story?

The stripper wasn't even in the car at the time. Her friends were driving with the cash that she gave them 2 days prior to the stop. She asked them to transport the cash in a car from California to New Jersey.

Here's the thing. She says she made the money "One Dollar at a time". That's figuratively speaking and we all know it. The cash that was found was all 100 dollar bills. She didn't make the money 100 dollars at a time either. Drug sniffing dogs that were brought out after the stop detected narcotics. During the past year, the dancer in question submitted proof to the courts in Nebraska via tax returns, that the amount of money is legitimate and hers. The money that was found was a laundered version of the original. And the dryer sheets were probably an inside joke among the people doing the laundering, because they knew the woman wouldn't get it.

Are things staring to not make sense? Good. That means you're paying attention. There's a picture of the dancer on the web. The Daily Mail I think. She doesn't look like a coke head. Makeup can't hide an emaciated look. Yes, she made that amount of money in the time she claims and she proved that. But that doesn't make her smart, because she obviously isn't. Anyone can launder money, it's not rocket science, but since the money was legitimate there was no need to except to make sure that it could all fit in the trunk. One million dollars in various small bills is not going to fit in the trunk of a car. .At least not easily.

The driver and the passenger told the officer that there was nothing illegal in the car. They didn't lie because they didn't know any better. Actually, the only thing that was illegal were the traces of drugs that come part and parcel with laundered cash. The dancer put the money in the trunk without telling the drivers exactly what was going on or what happened up to that point. All they knew was that the money was going to be used for a business transaction in Jersey. That was also proven to be true. Everything about this story is legitimate except for the money laundering part. That alone is what made everything else appear to be shady, and it was unnecessary. They say there was 1 million and 74 thousand dollars. (Give or take few thousand) She could just as easily have kept the money originally as she earned it, chartered a private plane or 3 to take her and her money to Jersey. Something tells me that wouldn't have cost 74 thousand dollars.

I'm glad the woman got her money back. In my opinion, she needs to stay out of the nightclub business though. She comes across as being a bit naive.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
@ThreeBears, all I can say is wow. Sorry you have seen what you have seen and experienced. What I did not enjoy in your post was your slanderous remark involving my name "Judas." I grew up being judged by those who preach judge least ye be judged. Just because I am named that does not make me an evil backstabbing liar.

On the subject of people being up to no good if they have cash on hand, I find this ridiculous. I used to keep money in bank accounts till I lost 8 grand and put me in the negative of 2 thousand when I was 21. Had to file fraud and take a loss. Now I keep money in a safe where banks cannot reach it to do as they please with. My motto is if I cannot pay for something in cash, then I do not need it that bad. I own no credit cards and as such have no credit card debt. I have bought all my cars with cash except for one, and refuse to do that again.

To those that think you can hinder the drug game by eliminating paper currency, think again. It is called the "square" and is free credit card reader that plugs into your smart phone and you can put whatever you want on the billing statement.

As for the op, I am glad the real crooks didn't get their expected bonus for the score. I can already see the cops at the station when the cash was brought in, kinda like the scene from "American Gangster."

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
I personally know a lawyer that does more drugs than any stripper I've known. Lets not forget the big GW Bush had his time with Snow White.

Some flash their bodies off and others show their ass live on TV

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Dryer sheets were obviously there to block the scent of the money from K9 Units. Why else would someone wrap money up in them?

Either way though, even if she was up to shady dealings (as it totally suggests by the facts presented) I could really care less from a personal perspective.

Read my post two above yours. ALL MONEY IS TAINTED WITH DRUGS. Whether you are dealing drugs or not, the money in your pocket contains molecules of drugs. The presence of the dryer sheets is not proof of illegal activity. The head of the DEA could pull a wad of money out of his pocket and drug dogs would hit on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by boncho

Dryer sheets were obviously there to block the scent of the money from K9 Units. Why else would someone wrap money up in them?

Either way though, even if she was up to shady dealings (as it totally suggests by the facts presented) I could really care less from a personal perspective.

Read my post two above yours. ALL MONEY IS TAINTED WITH DRUGS. Whether you are dealing drugs or not, the money in your pocket contains molecules of drugs. The presence of the dryer sheets is not proof of illegal activity. The head of the DEA could pull a wad of money out of his pocket and drug dogs would hit on it.

So it's not shady wrapping up 1million in dryer sheets and driving it around late at night? Ok.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
15 years * 365 days to a year = 5475 days total

$1,074,000 divided by / 5475 days = $196 a day.

imo theres no way a stripper was able to gather and set aside without paying it to bills or food, 200$ every single day weekday and weekend 200$ of her cash

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Had a guy who lives a couple of towns hit it big in Vegas took the 625k$ in cash was 20 miles from home and got pulled over for illegal lane change first thing they did was search the car and take his cash. he had his paperwork and everything but NOOO it's ours now. By the time it was done they owed him over $700k but refused to give him cash so he took the check to the bank and the county didn't have enough to cover it. lots of questions started being asked by the TV and radio then the state stepped in. Took over a year to get his CASH back it seemed to evaporate

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho I enjoy your posts and star them often, but we are just going to have to disagree on this one. I do not trust banks and I understand completely not using them. I tend to buy lots of disposable debit cards with my cash, but others may choose to keep the cash money and I cannot blame them. Cash lasts almost forever, but my debit cards will expire eventually.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by boncho

Boncho I enjoy your posts and star them often, but we are just going to have to disagree on this one. I do not trust banks and I understand completely not using them. I tend to buy lots of disposable debit cards with my cash, but others may choose to keep the cash money and I cannot blame them. Cash lasts almost forever, but my debit cards will expire eventually.

This /

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
15 years * 365 days to a year = 5475 days total

$1,074,000 divided by / 5475 days = $196 a day.

imo theres no way a stripper was able to gather and set aside without paying it to bills or food, 200$ every single day weekday and weekend 200$ of her cash

I don't disagree with you on your position of holding cash or trustworthiness of banks, I'm simply stating the writing is on the wall with this one. And I also stated I really could care less either way.

But no worries if you disagree my point.
edit on 28-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I understand why she doesn't want to put it in the banks, My nan was 80 i think and when she passed away sadly we found about 8 or £9,000 in her cupboard because she just didn't trust banks.

I find stories like these amusing and sad at the same time, she shouldn't have that much money in her car but why not it's upto her.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join