It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders $1 Million Returned to Exotic Dancer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Judge Orders $1 Million Returned to Exotic Dancer

gma.yahoo.com

A federal judge has ruled that Nebraska cops must return over $1 million confiscated at a traffic stop from a woman who saved the money $1 at a time during her 15 year career as an exotic dancer.

Bataillon ordered that Mishra receive cash or a check in the value of $1,074,000 with interest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is classic! Ok, I can see the Cops point of view, but I am curious as to why the court had to get involved. Did the County and State already spend their windfall? If so...Oops!

This is a woman who did what she felt she had to do to get ahead...in a totally legal manner. Morals don't count in this case, that's for another thread.

But I have a feeling that they will still screw her over for something like taxes or whatnot.

gma.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

..... why was she just driving around with all the moola.... I get it, it's hers and she earned it 1 dollar at a time, but why are you driving around with over a million bucks.... what if your car got stolen, or she got in an accident. Then it'd really be gone.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

But I have a feeling that they will still screw her over for something like taxes

Not if she can prove that she filed and paid taxes on that money.

Like they say. . . " A Penny Saved .. .. .. ".

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

It was her pal who was pulled over, she and Mishra was going to buy a club 50/50 and her pal was pulled over on the way to buy it...it is all in the article.

I knew I should have been an exotic dancer

Glad she got the cash back plus interest

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
She better be glad she didn't pass through Tennessee or otherwise she would have got all of that money taken and never return.
edit on 23-7-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I read a long article yesterday about police and their funding efforts to include stuff like your article basically stealing money (and anything else they can) from citizens. There are a few things I would change if I knew how..as no doubt you would too.

S&F Can not find the article now I am off to make some money playing Golf....well I can think positive anyway....!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah right

'Going to a Club in the middle of the night to buy it' with 1 million in cash!!!!!

What she hates banks that much?????????

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lots of people on here say they hate banks - why can't she?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

..... why was she just driving around with all the moola.... I get it, it's hers and she earned it 1 dollar at a time, but why are you driving around with over a million bucks.... what if your car got stolen, or she got in an accident. Then it'd really be gone.

That I would have to agree with. A EFT would have saved her a whole lot of time. I have a feeling that her "Business Partners" would have ripped her off. If not outright killed her.

There's more to this story than is being said.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by neo96

Lots of people on here say they hate banks - why can't she?

Only those people who don't have 1 million in cash.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How do you know that? Are you spying on ATS members?? Got an inside line to the NSA we don't know about??

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by neo96

How do you know that? Are you spying on ATS members?? Got an inside line to the NSA we don't know about??

It's called having common sense as most of the time those most obsessed with other peoples money are the ones who don't have it.

Don't need to NSA for that.

Back to the Million dollar stripper.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Aw, C'mon Neo. We've all read stories about lil' ol' ladies who have millions stashed under the mattress and lived the simple life.

Maybe she started early?

edit on 23-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat Paws

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by neo96

Aw, C'mon Neo. We've all read stories about lil' ol' ladies who have millions stashed under the mattress and lived the simple life.

Maybe she started early?

edit on 23-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat Paws

Use to work at a strip club I know how much they can make 1 million?

Not even close, only place that might even come to that is Vegas or some High end club, but they don't deal in $1's.

That stripper was most likely a mule carrying that cash for something else, rather sure it was not a 'club'.

Strip clubs are one of the best places for money laundering either way I doubt her story.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, if you have worked a strip club, then I am sure that you've heard of stories of strippers with a "Heart of Gold."

I've known strippers who worked what I consider the wrong side of the tracks, but didn't fall in with the crowd. They paid for their college that way and graduated debt free. Though probably ashamed a bit.

Sometimes you have to do what it takes to get by. The court found her not liable, so as far as I am concerned, she should get her money back. Wow! that almost sounds like a G-Rated Zimmerman trial.

edit on 23-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat paws...No thumbs

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A fifteen year career stripping, yeah she really could have made in excess of a million. Depends on the area and the club but yeah it isn't unreasonable. Not that I disagree with you on her story being bogus at all.I personally think she is lying her backside off. But it is really possible that she earned the million, with no ties to organized crime. The state has the burden of proving she is lying, which they couldn't do.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

journalstar.com...

Troopers found two drawstring bags in the cargo area holding large Ziploc bags with rubber-banded bundles of cash — mostly $100s — along with dryer sheets

The Dehris originally said they were taking the money to New Jersey for their friends, Tasha and Rajat Mishra, for a business deal involving a nightclub.

Drive from California to New Jeersy carrying 1 million in cash?

Call me a skeptic.

Never met a stripper with a heart of gold.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

It's called having common sense as most of the time those most obsessed with other peoples money are the ones who don't have it.

That may explain your obsession in this matter but it seems to me that the people who are most obsessed with other peoples' money are the ones that already have most of the world's money.

Her money was ostensibly legitimate. What is the pretext used by the police for confiscating it, that she might have done a drug deal? Stop that stupid war.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hell yeah, I was wondering if he ordered interest too. Good judge. The fact that anyone thinks it's OK for the cops to confiscate anyone's cash is sad. I could see if they found it in a drug bust, but this story is just ridiculous.

And by drug bust, I don't mean when they kick in a door to find an ounce or two of pot..... I mean a real drug bust, like finding pounds or kilos.
edit on Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:57:14 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join