It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Wing Plant at Houston Pro-Zimmerman Rally Is Far Left Activits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The Gateway Pundit website:

LEFTIST PLANT INFILTRATES HOUSTON PRO-ZIMMERMAN RALLY–
Liberal Media runs with it

A photo from the Houston pro-Zimmerman counter-rally of the NBPP anti-Zimmerman rally picked up by the AP shows a woman holding a sign that read, “Racist & Proud.”
racist proud plant
(New York Daily News – AP)

That looked incongruent with the other reports from the pro-Zimmerman side.
The Houston Chronicle identified her as Renee Vaughan:

One woman in the Zimmerman group held a sign that said, “We’re racist & proud.”

Austin resident Renee Vaughan echoed the sign’s ugly sentiments by yelling, “We’re racist. We’re proud. We’re better because we’re white,” at the Martin group as they passed, according to the Chronicle.

The act to smear the Zimmerman supporters as racists with a leftist plant worked as the photo and comment was picked up and spread worldwide.

Scanning the internet we found that a “Renee Vaughn” from Austin worked for a far left environmental group, the Texas Campaign for the Environment.

Renee even has her photo linked to a far left environmental website.

Left Wing Plant at Houston Rally
The post includes some supporting photos.

If true, this confirms what many of us have suspected - there is an ongoing conspiracy to fire up racial tensions in the U.S. I see it in the comments everywhere - people so detached and machinated in their remarks that it is fairly obvious they are paid trolls.

My question for ATS is, how do you best handle online staff racist trolls?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle

The fast answer is you don't. You state your position politely and, if trolled, you report the post.

My personal answer? Political labels like "leftist" based upon something as innocuous as membership in a nature based organization is weak sauce. I am considered liberal but have very strong conservative views on several subjects.

In the long run, these sorts of blanket summations are no more accurate than if I were to start a thread saying that a right winger has infiltrated an environmental action group and is deliberately making racist statements to make the left look bad.

Ultimately? She's probably just a bigot who likes trees.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Why does it have to be illegal to slap the stupid out of people?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I read the link and she apparently admitted she was being sarcastic at the rally so even though I don't agree with her politics she was pretty up front with her tactics for what it's worth.
I give her credit for getting off the sofa unlike a lot of folks here at ats that just bitch online.

That having been said...she can go fly a kite

new topics

top topics

join