It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTAV What are you most looking forward to / worried about?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Good Day fellow ATS'ers. Like millions of fans out there, I am looking forward to Sept. 17th, which is the day GTAV gets released. I want to know what your are most looking forward to about this game, and if anything what you are nervous about? I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks a lot guys and gals.

Gorgon8819

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Beating up hookers.

I kid, I kid. Sort of.

I'll be waiting for the PC version though so I'll be waiting a bit longer than September.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
causing ppl to ragequit via multiplayer

AYYEP.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Everything, really... I especially can't wait to see how they've revamped the multiplayer mode.

I'm not worried about too much, seeing as how they continuously produce a solid addition to the franchise with every release. The three main characters in campaign should be entertaining. I don't think it will hurt the gameplay - and will probably add to it.

I can't say I'm anticipating anything less than another 10/10, universally acclaimed, GTA.
edit on 23-7-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm worried about online. They've added a bunch of add-on content to GTA V, they've changed how we select weapons, and you can customize weapons.

1. What does the add-on content include? Is it simply cosmetic? Clothing, characters, etc.

I hope it's cosmetic.

2. How do I quickly cycle through weapons while driving, running, or in the process of shooting when I have a huge wheel that takes over the screen?

In single player the game enters slow-motion to give you time to switch your weapon. Online is real-time and it isn't going to work like that. In GTA IV we're able to continue driving or running while cycling through our weapons, without anything obstructing our view and taking control away from our current action to accommodate the next action, so we don't get killed in the process. I don't have a clue how this works.

3. How will customized weapons work online? Do people buy add-on parts? Do you get more customization as you level up? Does someone at a higher level have a better advantage than you do with their unlocked customization's?

The game is going to suck if it's based off of the person who put in more time and accumulated more weapon parts will likely get more kills and do better. I want it to be about skill, whoever aims their weapon better is going to get the kill.
edit on 23-7-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Thats sorta why Im glad I wont be playing it online. I have enough fun driving around, exploring and causing Havoc. Im more worried about the driving mechanics. In GTA4 they sorta sucked.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgon8819

Every time a new GTA gets released, I feel they are going to cave into the XBOX-type crowds and make the driving mechanics all arcade-style. Every release, there are large amounts of gamers who complain that you can't spin your car doing backflips up a mountain while surfing on top of it and, with every release, I feel they will finally cave and make it more like Saint's Row (I admit, SR3 was an improvement on driving vs the first two but still).

When GTA4 came out, it was the most realistic driving they've had yet. The cars had weight and suspension yet you could still do some pretty unrealistic stuff which is the perfect blend. I like to be able to be a badass but not look so silly and cartoony doing it that it takes me out of immersion.

What I'm looking forward to is seeing how they incorporate having multiple protagonists (antagonists?). They played with it with the GTA4 expansions but never as a cohesive whole. I'm also looking forward to seeing Los Santos again. Hopefully the expansions will include San Fiero and Las Venturas, as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't wait ill the new GTA Hits, basically to do what I've always done first...........Exploring the environment.
One of the great things about this installment is there is no false limitations, the full map is available straight away.

Perhaps I'll get round to the story but not right away, to many things to do !

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm most worried about having to switch between the three main characters while doing a mission. I hate over complication and it sounds a little gimmicky. But its rockstar, I have to trust them, they've never done me wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think there's one thing that I'm excited about and worried about at the same time, the ocean landscape, how we'll can they make it when there is infinite water spanning off into the distance.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Good point, I never thought about it like that. I guess we will have to wait and see to find out.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just wish that maybe in the future GTA would include a playable female character just like in the first one (yeah, I know. A pipe dream)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaitain
I just wish that maybe in the future GTA would include a playable female character just like in the first one (yeah, I know. A pipe dream)

hmmm. well maybe if she has large breasts and a tight a$$. then heck yeah. somewhere along the lines of lara croft from tomb raider.
maybe a couple naked shots too.... yeah.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgon8819

Everything really!

Just hate getting hyped up then being let down... Naaaa!

I think this will be awsome! San Andreas was brilliant, but this, the online visual trailers make it look brilliant. I havnt bought a PS3 game since Skyrim.

Just hope my PS3 can cope with the graphics/loading etc. I don't mind the odd blip, but large open world games like this.. Probably the reason I'm on my 3rd ps3.

And yeah, robbing a Lambo and speading through traffic, then robbing a plane and going sky diving... and dont you run out of petrol in the game??

Oh, and hunting deer....

Ugh.. I'm gonna book a week off work...

eee.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

That's... not quite what I was thinking. What I want is a strong, confident woman who can kick ass just as hard as any man. I'm fine with sexy female characters, but the sexiness shouldn't be it's main draw. Especially when The sexiness factor of a woman is limited only to her nudity.

And naked shots? Seriously?
Fine, but as long as dudes get naked too. GTA isn't played by just vagina-loving folks, you know.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaitain
reply to post by resoe26

That's... not quite what I was thinking. What I want is a strong, confident woman who can kick ass just as hard as any man. I'm fine with sexy female characters, but the sexiness shouldn't be it's main draw. Especially when The sexiness factor of a woman is limited only to her nudity.

And naked shots? Seriously?
Fine, but as long as dudes get naked too. GTA isn't played by just vagina-loving folks, you know.

....."What I want is a strong, confident woman who can kick ass just as hard as any man. "
---
dream on cupcake.
last I checked, penis runs the show.

and you want male nudity? put an ad on craigslist for casual encounters, a bunch of dudes will hit you up.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What about all the mysteries or easter eggs o.o

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am a little anxious as to how the drop in/out mechanics will work with the 3 main characters. I worry that it might take away a sort of personal relationship with the protagonist that you get in the previous titles...

On the plus side I can't wait to see the return of custom cars and tattoos! Roll on next week!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My main worry is that if I want to play it I have to go buy another console after my third or fourth (I dont remember) xbox broke

Also I dont have any holiday due from work so Im going to have to find a lot of mystery illnesses that I can convincingly fake over the phone to the boss

Honestly I was kind of disappointed in the last one after the huge build up. I didn't find myself picking it up again after I finished the story line like I did with san andreas,

I hope its fun rather than up its own butt and trying to be a movie in game form

ETA
I want a rocket pack and dual wield smg's
edit on 10/9/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't really like the idea of having 3 playable main characters. It might be good. It might be bad. I guess we will find out soon enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join