It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brazilian alien cyclops.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
After seeing some videos and getting bored to death i decides to search a little more on this particular and strange case of "Alien Cyclops" which was an encounter with a giant alien cyclop who tried to abduct them in 1963 in Brazil.

I'm Brazilian and in the same region Indians told the history (which is now folklore they teach tous in school) about the "Cabloco D'água" or "Water Cabloco". I tell this story later:

In August 1963 Fernando Eustagio, his brother and a neighbour were getting water from their well in the garden when they saw a globe hovering above the trees near them. They could see that inside there were 3 rows of people and light rays beaming downwards. Apparently a very thin, very tall being glided towards the light beams into the garden and sat down. The entity had one brown eye in his forehead and carried a flashing box on his body. Apparently the entity attempted to abduct one of the boys and paralysed Fernando Eustagio when he tried to intervene. At the end of the encounter the boys felt that in fact the entity had not wished to harm them, and believed that he would return again to them.

Here's a draw on the creature they saw/described:

Well, if this indeed happen, the alien is a bit late. Those kids are probably 60 now.

------------------------------------------
Draw of the Cabloco D'àgua in Brazilian Folklore:

Okay now the most interesting. In Brazilian Folklore they tell us about the history of the "Water Cabloco" a giant cyclop like creature (over 8 feet tall) who lives in the Sao Fransisco River which flows trough the south of our country to it's north.

History tells of a giant cyclops that lives under the river and often would come out and try to take them to the button. The only way to stop the creature would be by trowing weed at the river(yes, weed!) the creature would then stop treating the fisherman and start going after the weed.

Everybody knows that cyclops are myth/roman myths and there's possible no way they could be releated.... Unles.. ah yes, aliens we already dismisses that claim.

Anyway the report of the encounter happened in the same region this story's were told. Connection or just coincidence?
---------------

The Cabloco D'água is described as being a cyclops.. but mostly recent reports and tales describe them as creatures similar to swamp monsters; Fish man hybrids or to the the Loveland frogman. Here's a pic on the nowdays creature(cartoon):

If the Cabloco isn't a cyclops anymore, It doesn't matter... because they seem to be more alien than cryptid in origin. Anyway the history is pretty interesting and does have connection with the local tales, of giant one eyed man living in the river and taking people into it, to never be seen again.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

In Brazilian Folklore they tell us about the history of the "Water Cabloco" a giant cyclop like creature (over 8 feet tall) who lives in the Sao Fransisco River which flows trough the south of our country to it's north.

Ok this makes more sense. As there was already a story about a cyclops it could easily have been a case of they saw something they couldnt properly identify and thier subconcious interpreted it as a cyclops. The same way that when some people see lights in the sky they cant imdeiatley identify their brains jump to the conclusion of aliens.

edit on 23-7-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Non of the link to pictures work..
perhaps you should upload them and post here instead

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
Non of the link to pictures work..
perhaps you should upload them and post here instead

Fix'd. Tell me if they worked.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

More one-eyed creatures from World Mythology....
Arimaspi
Hitotsume-Kozo
Ojancanu
Tepegoz

Though to be fair, that first pic reminds me of the alien from "The day the earth stood still"
edit on 23-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Hemlock was used in executions in ancient greece and you can find it growing naturally in Texas and other places i am sure. In case you ever need it ya know

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Jesus Christ man, there are some things on that website that cannot be unseen.
Thanks for the nightmares...

Sure...i think

The picture didn't showed up for me in time, i just quieted the page, So i'm lucky?(this is getting off topic....)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Your right, we are getting off topic. Anyway...

Cabloco Dagua

This picture is a bit cooler, working on finding a translation for the article right now.
Apparently a real photo of this thing is worth $10 million...or i am reading the headline wrong.

Can you say Crowd-sourced trip to try and get some pictures!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Your right, we are getting off topic. Anyway...

Cabloco Dagua

This picture is a bit cooler, working on finding a translation for the article right now.
Apparently a real photo of this thing is worth $10 million...or i am reading the headline wrong.

Can you say Crowd-sourced trip to try and get some pictures!

It's actually only 10.000R$ or like 23.000,00 US$

Anyway the article is kinda dunny and bizarre. It's says that the Cabloco killed two cows (they found only their bones) and some group called "Haunting Hunters" said that greenery is super effective against the animal/alien.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

SHHHHH!
You are ruining my exquisite plans to visit Brazil under the guise of hunting a one-eyed monster. I'm thinking sometime around Carnival! Who is with me?

While we are heading down south, we can also spend some time looking for more Atacama fairy bodies! Local legends swear that an entire tribe once existed.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It's just a dude who has incest running riot in his family tree

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Or a regular guy who is just really hairy and is rebelling against the Brazilian Wax Job Consortium. (Those bastards are the real powers-that-be in Brazil.)

Or this thing. *I love mythology*
Mapinguari

Capelobo
Bicho-Homen

And finally, this.
Man v Monster - Brazilian Mapinguari

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It is not a coincidence that many ancient mythologies describe the same mythological creature. The weird thing is that the civilizations who created these "myths" had more than 3,000 km distance from each other. As a result, only i can understand only one thing: mythical creatures do exist or existed.

We all know Odyssey of Homer and the travels Odysseus did. What schools teach is that Odysseus was travelling for 10 years in the Mediterranean Sea to get from Troy to Ithaca. I will stay for a moment on this one. As i have travelled around the Mediterranean Sea a lot in the past to visit the ancient cities around it, i know how many hours and days a ship needs to travel from one place to another. Nowadays a ship needs from 18-24 hours to travel a distance of 1000 km. Considering the ships the had in the ancient times i can assume that they would probably need 5 days for the trip we do in 20 hours, taking into consideration that they were travelling always near the sea shore so that they don't get lost. To get from Israel to Gibraltar you need to cover 5,000 to 6,000 km. Considering that the 1,000 km are being covered in 20 hours, the 6,000 km can being covered in 120 or 5 days. So back in the ancient times they would probably need a month to travel from the east side of the Mediterranean Sea to the west. To return to their starting position they would probably need 2 months.

Odysseus on the other hand, need 10 years to travel around the Mediterranean Sea. Does this make any sense? I believe it doesn't. So the theory which says that Odysseus travel outside of the Gibraltar and crossed the Atlantic is a theory that fits better in his story. And if we consider that he visited the Amazons and in the same time the only place on Earth called Amazon is the river in Brazil then everything becomes brighter.

We that point of view i believe that the ancient civilizations had contacts one with the other and they shared much more than their products. And to make it up for the Cyclops matter, either there were Cyclops is more than one locations around the globe in the ancient times ( and this is the reason why we find them in many civilizations' "myths") or they were established in one corner of the world and as the ancient sailors from different civilizations visited that place they transferred back to their home the stories about the Cyclops.

The truth about the ancients lies within their "myths". I cannot believe that they had so whimsical minds to imagine so many stories without any previous backround of mythology. All that we have to do is find which of the "myths" are absolutely true and which of them are partially true.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
One could also assume that the many stories of Giants that have been passed down throughout the various world cultures were referencing another of the variations of human genetics. If such people existed it is not to hard to believe that one of those giant bloodlines had a deformity that presented itself as a single eye in the center of the head.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
One could also assume that the many stories of Giants that have been passed down throughout the various world cultures were referencing another of the variations of human genetics. If such people existed it is not to hard to believe that one of those giant bloodlines had a deformity that presented itself as a single eye in the center of the head.

The problems is how they had contact with each other. Even nowdays, travelling to Brazil to Europe for example usually take +14 hours... On a plane. On that time it should have taken years. But the biggest problem would be the lack of food and water. Unless they were traveling on miles long ships with a small crew, i don't think these civilizations would ever had the chances to arrive on other continents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join