It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dreams, need help with interpretation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Let me start this off by saying that i hardly ever dream, so the fact that I have has dreams all this week is quite unusual in and of itself.

Over the past week, I have had dreams every night of ex-girlfriends, and close female friends, and in them, they are all seeming to be competing for my attention. They really aren't fighting or anything of that nature, but coming around quite often. Every night, it seems to "feature" 2 - 3 different ex's, but I don't seem to remember the details, only who it was, and fleeting "snapshots" of the dreams.

It concerns me because its making me depressed, and I would like to find out what these dreams mean. I have tried to look up online what they may mean, but none of the descriptions seem to fit. The only thing that seems the happen is that several seem to come calling for attention.

A little further background information: I have been on vacation, at my parents house, which is 5 hours away from where I live, but the house they currently live in is not the one I grew up in.

I am wondering if maybe in some way, my dreams are expressing my wish to be desired by the opposite sex, or perhaps I should be more social? I tend to work alot and not go out very much to meet new people, and I haven't really had a significant other in over a year, but it hasn't really bothered me up until now.

Can someone please help me find out why I am having these dreams? They ex's are from all periods of my life and not really a specific time period.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hello, here is my interpretation:

If you look closely at what you have written, I believe you will see that you have answered your own question.

Because you are on vacation and not focused on work as you usually are, your unconscious finally has an opportunity to speak to you and tell you that you have been neglecting a very important part of your life. Relationships can teach you so much about yourself and others, and now is the time to start paying attention to that.

Also, because this has happened with a lot of personal intensity, I think there is someone whom you are about to meet and you will not be able to meet them unless you open up and change your attitude. Be ready for an exciting encounter on the horizon - that's my bet.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Thank you for that. I hope so. The strange thing is, I have been divorced for about 3 years now and haven't had a single dream with her in it. But then again, I think I have gotten over that and accepted that the relationship and my feelings for her are "dead" It was an amicable separation, as we both agreed that we are/were completely incompatible people.

I'd love to hear some other interpretations as well. I would like to get my head wrapped around this, because the way I feel upon waking is horrible.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bentai22

Dreams are tricky as they can be both symbolic and self-prophetic (our unconscious desires) or they educational and informative. The worst are mundane, boring or average.

I have had this dream myself and oddly I think it had more to do with my own self esteem and loneliness (actually I wasn't lonely but would have liked a companion and was ready for a relationship). We are designed to be with other people either through friendship or romantically.

You say you have not been with anyone of significance for awhile, perhaps you have commitment issues? Did you break it off with these past relationships? Perhaps you are trying to tell you that now you are ready to settle down if the right person comes along and some regret that you let them go?

But again this is my own speculation. Knowing yourself is the best way for you to interpret these.
edit on 23-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Thanks for your response. In all my past relationships, I usually was not one to call it off. Perhaps in 2 relationships I have, but all others, it ended either in infidelity on her part, or she lost interest.

I am quite insecure when it comes to relationships, and to a large extent, I feel that I am continuously trying hard to keep my mate happy, even to my own detriment.

I am beginning to wonder if I should seek counseling to address these issues, as it seems that I always "settle" for a less than ideal mate, because I feel that sometimes I get impatient with finding my ideal mate. ( I don't have high standards, really. I prefer women who are educated, whom I can have an intelligent conversation with, and is caring and affectionate. Looks/Weight and other material matters are of least concern.)

I think some of it has to do with my mother pressuring me to give her a grandchild from me (my younger sister already has 2) and for me, I feel that I am getting too old to have young children since I am almost 40. I really dont want to be 60 and my kid is just graduating high school, where I have to worry about retirement AND putting a kid thru college at the same time.
edit on 23-7-2013 by bentai22 because: Clarified my definition of an ideal mate, I didn't want to appear shallow.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
From a Freudian perspective, you have an Oedipal complex and your deepest desire is to have sex with your mother.

Kidding,

All jokes aside, from a Jungian Perspective, it could mean that: a) You are competing with yourself for your own attention (i.e. you have too much food on your plate and you aren't making enough "you time") and your subconscious is projecting that feeling onto women that you had amorous feeling for because you would simply freak out if a crowd of you was vying for your attention or b) (this one's a long shot) deep within the unconscious collective, these women have been thinking about/feeling guilty about leaving you.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bentai22

I'd similar dreams a while back. I guess when we are not really happy with the present situation in our lives, our mind goes back to the past and replays it in these type of dreams.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bentai22
Let me start this off by saying that i hardly ever dream, so the fact that I have has dreams all this week is quite unusual in and of itself.

Over the past week, I have had dreams every night of ex-girlfriends, and close female friends, and in them, they are all seeming to be competing for my attention. They really aren't fighting or anything of that nature, but coming around quite often. Every night, it seems to "feature" 2 - 3 different ex's...

I'll read the rest of your post after commenting...up to the quoted portion...
I think you're just being reminded of how lucky you are...to have had that many girls interested enough in you, to count them as ex-girlfriends.
Yeah - If I went through my entire resume...it would be 3...
So - kudos (I guess) for that!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i cannot explain the linkage here....but i got a distinct message that the dreaming of former GFs has to do wuth the recent beginnings of the English born Atheist Churches here in the USA

see: www.guardian.co.uk...

we all know that main stream religion services are but social events...

perhaps you are deeply connecting the two important aspects of Ones psyche... their Spirituality with their involvements with the opposite sex..
You might be thinking / experimenting with the idea of former GF in a 'new context' i.e. in a Atheist Church service to see if that flies

sundayassembly.com...
edit on 23-7-2013 by St Udio because: add the Sunday Assembly link for further explaining

new topics

top topics

join