It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunge-Feeding Humpback Whales Narrowly Miss [Eating] Divers (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Lunge-feeding humpback whales narrowly miss divers (video)

www.petethomasoutdoors.com...

WARNING: SOME PROFANITY HEARD IN VIDEO

wo Central California divers experienced the thrill of a lifetime recently when two lunge-feeding humpback whales emerged only a few feet away as they held onto a safety rope (see video, and pay close attention at 30 seconds).

The amazing encounter occurred during a SloDivers charter at Souza Rock, about two miles off Morro Bay.

Shawn Stamback, one of two divers in the footage, said humpback whales could be seen feeding about a quarter-mile away when he and Francis Antigua got into the water with snorkeling gear and cameras to pass time before their next scuba dive.

"We were just floating around in the water, hoping to get some shots of the whales in the distance, when all of a sudden the sardines started going crazy," Stamback said.

Stamback said he had a feeling that the whales knew he and Antigua were in the water, and missed them intentionally.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
These divers were very lucky. I don't I think I have heard of any diver getting enveloped by one of these large fish before. I am sure these guys were soiling themselves greatly in their wet suits!

I would too if it happened to me

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Already a topic on this page.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join