It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists take first steps to building faster-than-light warp engine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

The skepticism is understood. The crooked house makes the place look silly but it entertains the little ones. I was there and experienced the tests performed by the tour guide.

Here's a few things to note about the place not mentioned on the website:

1. Native Americans already considered the place special in the days of the settlers.
2. The only animals that have been seen travelling through the area have been limited to insects and lizards.
3. Also, some individuals experience a strange sensation near the center of the vortex.

You're right about it being an optical illusion. That's exactly what it is. It's a naturally occurring optical illusion. That's why I thought it should be mentioned in this thread. The phenomena is bending photons.
edit on 1-8-2013 by lostinspace because: added more details

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think these efforts are doomed to failure given the physics we currently know. Not to mention he fails to address the massive theoretical problems once the space warp exceeds the speed of light (at least globally), such as causal disconnection, Hawking radiation, and also satisfy the restrictions imposed by quantum field theory (the larger the negative energy density, the shorter the time it is allowed to exist).

Still, I remain optimistic. Perhaps future physics and discoveries will allow for the construction of one of these space warps. This is equivalent to attempting to build a laser after Maxwell discovered the laws of classical electrodynamics. It just wouldn't fly with most scientists since light was believed to be exclusively a wave. The laser was as much a fantasy back then as warp drives are today. However, that is not to say that warp drives are inevitable.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I know some people on here don't like "that guy" but I will play the role here. Let me enlighten someone or someones who may or may not know. If they tell us they have tid bits of something now. They already had the whole thing years ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank god I'm only 17. If I can just make it to 80 I might be old enough go through some kind of reverse-aging process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join