It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Manipulation of Media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eladria
reply to post by isyeye

I'm not even Christian and even I was thinking to myself "what the h#ll does it matter if it's a true story or not?" when I read your post.

Yes and no.

Does it matter if Jesus was resurrected? Does it matter if he really walked on water and healed the sick? When does truth start mattering? Its best just to be honest in the first place I guess and avoid the problem.

That said, not much damage done here and even persons sharing the story are saying they don't know if its true. Its a sort of nice story I guess, except people walk past the homeless and sick every day ... no amount of being Christian seems to solve that.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It will judge people on how they treated the Jews and the nation of Israel during the Great Tribulation. The ones who treated them harshly will go to hell, the ones who treated them with love and compassion for their emense suffering during those 3 1/2 years will enter into the kingdom and be allowed to live out the rest of their days.

Wait... exactly what part in the sheep and goat chapter does it specify Jews or the great tribulation?

Judgment of the Sheep and Goats

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
One religion has built hospitals, leper colonies, dug water-wells, sent missionaries to starving people, provided help and assistance in building houses, clinics, schools. And it teaches respect for all, and treating others as you would like to be treated. It's guiding instructions boil down to the 10 Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and belief in forgiveness of sins. It is, of course, Christianity. Do we have charlatans and hypocrites and TV money-lovers?? By the boat load. But don't judge us by those who take advantage of us, or who act in non-Christian manner.

Islam and Talmudic Judaism are hateful, controlling, and frequently murderous to non-members--exactly as instructed by the Koran and the Talmud..

Buddhists and Sikhs seem quite honorable, but , to my knowledge, their good-works for the less privileged do not compare to those of Christianity..
edit on 23-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

This is so untrue it's not even funny. Christianity is directly responsible for the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, leading the front against homophobia, and didn't allow Jews to have any professions except money lending to name just a few. As far as controlling, they delayed and set the course of human technological advancement and the sciences back for centuries.

The only violent Jews I can think of live in Israel and may or may not be victims of circumstance. Other than that they seem to be the most persecuted group of people in the history of the world.

As far as Muslims, here is an article that straightens out and explains that old falsehood that the Quran says to kill infidels. www.alislam.org...

The verse of the Holy Quran is often mentioned to malign Islam. The verse does not say infidels it says idolaters. (9:5) And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

Now I am not saying that Muslims and Jews aren't violent, but do not paint this idea that Christians are all about spreading love and peace when they seem to be more about spreading hate and violence (unless you convert to their religion). Even more so than the other two religions.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
One religion has built hospitals, leper colonies, dug water-wells, sent missionaries to starving people, provided help and assistance in building houses, clinics, schools. And it teaches respect for all, and treating others as you would like to be treated. It's guiding instructions boil down to the 10 Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and belief in forgiveness of sins. It is, of course, Christianity. Do we have charlatans and hypocrites and TV money-lovers?? By the boat load. But don't judge us by those who take advantage of us, or who act in non-Christian manner.

Yea, christian organizations have poured billions into helping folks in need. Oh wow so pastor play bum didn't get any change. Big deal. Most bums don't care about church anyway outside of some free meal, food pantry, change for beer ect.

Many of you Jesus experts need to remember that He chastised the crowds for following Him around simply because He feed them. Yea He did. He sent them packing.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Fake or not, I dont have a problem with it. The reason why I dont is because it teaches those poeple to be more nice to their fellow human being. Who gives a s #it about semantics?

I wish is was real, it whould teach people a thing or two about how the world SHOULD work. Helping your fellow human. Not just stepping over them and saying "Get a job". Then Inm sure people say, "Why should I support someones habbit or why should I support someone who cant support themselfs?"

Its horse crap. Give them food or at leaste make them feel like a human. They are homeless people, and not all of them are the brightest of the bunch either. Everyone has their bad apples. So those "Bums" arre PEOPLE.
Its sad these days we cant even CALL them people.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by Krazysh0t

...(Jews) seem to be the most persecuted group of people in the history of the world.

I'm not so sure about that. Ever heard of gypsies? Roma, Romanichal, Irish Travellers, Scottish Travellers, etc etc etc? I'm pretty sure that "gypsies" have been far more hated and persecuted in a much shorter amount of time.

Anyway, this story is just an example of an ancient parable repackaged to fit modern day standards. It's not that big of a deal.
edit on 7/25/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

A gypsy is a way of life, not a nationality or race.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Media is controlled by non-Christians(anti-christians). Any effort to discover the true owners/manipulators should be easy for anyone with internet. Hence OP title is misleading, IMO. Now writing an article after being scammed is not the same as intentional manipulation.

As far as gypsies--they are clans of related people who make their living by scams and theft. They are simply organized crime by families. Any child born to the group that refuses to be a part of their activities is not tolerated. Plenty of good info/documentaries out there on this, too. Ask any store-owner, hospital, or civic leader in an area close to a Gypsy settlement.
edit on 26-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The collapse of Christianity is guaranteed.

Not by a foreign enemy but by Christians who themselves support and love those who denigrate the central figure of their own religion. In other words.

It is AMAZING how Christians ally themselves with a people who's religious culture teaches that Jesus was a son of a whore who is being boiled in "excrement" (see : Talmud) ..... while opposing a culture that honors Jesus as the messiah born of a virgin.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It would appear the story is based on actual events:

link

Although why the author of the viral story didn't just cite this event and chose to fabricate their own story remains a mystery to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Because an Atheist or any other "non Christian" organization has never lied or posted a fake picture on the internet. Really? I am a Christian and have been to many churches over many years. Let me let you in on something that I learned very early on in Christianity; When you go to church, your going to church with HUMANS.

The furthest people away from Christ are the ones who seem to be the closest, those in church, those doing "good deeds" and those who talk the talk. Regardless of whether this story was fake or not, it should reveal in us something, and that is how do we treat those who are "below" us. I know for sure I would be one of the people to ignore the homeless man, because I too am a human, and I too am self absorbed and care more about furthering my own life over others, this is how most people are yet are lying to themselves and cannot admit it.

Here is a good thought experiment: Forget whether or not this whole thing was real or not, would you have greeted the homeless man or helped him? And don't say yes, because its not always the action, but the heart, does your heart really care for someone like that? Does your heart really have the ability to put down pride and put someone "below" you above you?

Try reading someones post you don't agree with, and I mean really reading it, and seeing what they are trying to say, and understand their perspective. Most of you wont, because something called pride is standing in the way. Pride stands in the way of God many a times. So here is what I have to say: Focus of what Jesus preached and lived, not on what humans who claim to follow Him preach and do. I am a Christian, and I consider myself one of the worse examples of a role model - Because to me it is about God, it is about how I treat others, and I don't put on a show. When you read that story, real or false, if some degree of inspiration was sparked in you, that was the Lord, not man. Even if a true story or false, there is a lesson to be learned there.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Depends on what you're referring to. People can live a nomadic "gypsy" lifestyle, or they can be genetically Roma gypsies (or any other sort of gypsies).

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888

Depends on what you're referring to. People can live a nomadic "gypsy" lifestyle, or they can be genetically Roma gypsies (or any other sort of gypsies).

Gypsy isn't a race of people, nor is it a nationality. It's just as I stated, a way of life.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888

Gypsy isn't a race of people, nor is it a nationality. It's just as I stated, a way of life.

You clearly haven't spoken to any gypsies lately. They consider themselves to be a race and they can't claim nationality because they've never held a nation. Believe me, my mother's side is part gypsy and they most definitely consider themselves a "race".

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Stop right there. It's not what "they" consider to be fact. I may consider myself to be a millionaire, and no matter how hard I wish upon a star if my bank account doesn't have six zeros behind it I'm not a millionaire. There is no nation of Gypsies, therefore they are not a nationality. There is no worldwide acceptance that there is a race called "gypsy" therefore they are not a race.

Being Gypsy is merely a way of life.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Stop right there. It's not what "they" consider to be fact. I may consider myself to be a millionaire, and no matter how hard I wish upon a star if my bank account doesn't have six zeros behind it I'm not a millionaire. There is no nation of Gypsies, therefore they are not a nationality. There is no worldwide acceptance that there is a race called "gypsy" therefore they are not a race.

Just to play devil's advocate, I'm sure you wouldn't say the same about the jews

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Do you mean Hebrews?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

"Stop right there"? You sure seem to be a snippy sort of fellow! Please don't instruct me in when or where to stop, it's a bit rude.

No need to be so upset. The fact that you are saying that gypsies aren't a people is discriminatory in itself. No matter your argument, you will not change the fact that the Romani are an ethnic group. I'm sorry that it bothers you for someone to say so but they are what they are. There doesn't have to be a nation of gypsies for them to be an ethnic group...if you need further information on the subject, there is a huge amount of information on the Internet regarding their culture, music, language, history, dance, religion, and people.

Here is the Wikipedia page that covers it all: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Happy reading and good luck denying ignorance, my friend!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I said "stop right there" because in logic (who knows, you might think Plato is a moron), anything after that is predicated on a fallacy or falsehood is irrelevant. There are only four races of humans on the Earth, they are:

1. Caucasoid
2. Negroid
3. Mongoloid
4. Australoid

That's it, 4 races of people. Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I said "stop right there" because in logic (who knows, you might think Plato is a moron), anything after that is predicated on a fallacy or falsehood is irrelevant. There are only four races of humans on the Earth, they are:

1. Caucasoid
2. Negroid
3. Mongoloid
4. Australoid

That's it, 4 races of people. Deny ignorance indeed.

My, my...rude and insulting to boot. Tsk tsk...

And which of those races do the Jewish people fall into? How about the Romani people...do they fall into one of those races or are they still not a people to you and therefore do not qualify under any specific racial category?

I'm not getting your logic here. The Romani are an ethnic group, as are the Hebrews. Both can be discriminated against whether or not they're an entire race or an entire nationality. They are both ethnic groups, yet you keep insisting that one of the two above listed ethnic groups doesn't count as a group of people and is only a way of life (and I don't even know exactly what you mean by that but I would just LOVE to hear what you think the gypsy way of life is!).

Indeed, I am denying ignorance. I'm starting to wonder if you are as well. Do you or do you not acknowledge the fact that the Romani people are an ethnic group? If not, would you please explain why?

ETA: BTW, I never asserted that I believed them to be a race, only that they believe themselves to be a race. As far as logic goes, I'm sure Plato could have used basic reading comprehension skills to review my posts on this thread and come to the logical conclusion that I never stated that I personally believed them to be a race, just an ethnic group. Who knows, you might think that reading comprehension skills are for morons...

edit on 7/27/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join