It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novembers significance..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I created this post for all those who experience the same phenomena as myself and others during the month of November.
Novembers seem to have something different in them, sometimes people will say that the moon causes people to act differently and such, I was wondering what planet has relevance to November and if anyone else can identify with the "strangeness" is all I can really call it. I guess you'd know if you knew- anyone?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've heard of November sweeps, when more people die than anyother time of the year. Here's to your health and mine!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can only speak to the modern psychology of it (and even in that I am just an ametuer offering a couple of pennies worth).

Anyway, November is the month when things go from dying to dead in most respects, and it is also a month of waiting.
The fall is ends and all the trees are totally dead. The weather settles into winter mode and starts getting more consistent (and bitter in most places). Politics create anxiety leading up to November, then you are left waiting for the changes of voted on to take effect.
The holidays are in sight, but they don't actually arrive until the end of november- starting with Thanksgiving.
You pretty much know in November if your team has a shot at the superbowl or not, but they still aren't out of the woods yet- now you have to watch MORE carefully or they might blow it.

If you live where I live, the Canadians come back for vacation and traffic gets worse. There are more english speakers around, which is nice, but they give you that pressing "ey" after every casual question that makes you feel like everyone you talk to is your boss.

The "free" period on your car registration is almost over- you know how your tags expire in july but you dont renew them until nov/dec just because cops only look at the year sticker?

You are trying to get all you can out of your neighbors during these last few weeks, because pretty soon you'll be the only one with no christmas lights up and everyone will know that you have no family and no pride in your home..

Last but certainly not least, my grandparents have the family over for thanksgiving so that we can all remember how thankful we should be that we rarely see our extended family.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
bit off topic but....
its a standing joke where i live in portugals algarve region that everyone goes a bit crazy when theres a full moon,the algarve apparentley sits on a criss cross of magnetic earth lines and having seen it myself,you can pretty much guarantee that if someones done something stupid its been a full moon!
just thought id share that with you!

Regards

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My maternal grandmother died November 21, 1999. My maternal uncle, Norman, died November 15, 1985.

My maternal aunt, Carolyn, died November 8, 1952, at the age of 10.

How's that for weird?

top topics

join