It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gods are angry they are making thunder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Seeing this title, I can't help remembering a cartoon I once saw in Punch.
A group of African warriors are sitting in a line, holding their spears in their hands.
Lightning has obviously been zapping each spear-point in turn, and is just hitting another one.
One of the warriors observes "The gods are at a loose end tonight."

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The title comes from when we were kids and silly we used to say "The Gods are angry they are making thunder" and let rip a great big fart...we all giggled

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by DISRAELI

The title comes from when we were kids and silly we used to say "The Gods are angry they are making thunder" and let rip a great big fart...we all giggled

Or he was moving houses and then we farted if we had beans on toast for brekky!

By the way Monkey, thanks for backing me up yesterday for the intolerant hater who apparently has an issue with people from the other side of the pond
hope his kids come out ok?

Mega respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by Samuelis

Blame the Gays and our agenda,

I dunno.. he said his cat is a he. I mean, who has a man cat. That's kinda kinky especially when you rub one thoroughly with a towel if it should get wet!

Oo

But BM, you do know what it is don't you....

"First I shall send the law makers.. to take away your pronz. Then I shall send in the thunder and lightening and the earth shall move in disaster..."

what oh what has satan got in store for us next

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I hope a ruddy good party, that would show all god bods wouldn't it

I have a man cat because he kills things, not a day goes by with him bringing me back a gory mess his pupils widen he growls and just eats the crunchy head

I can't own a lion so my jake is the next best thing

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Just a little reminder... the sky has turned a dark yellow here, which usually announces mega extreme bad weather for a litlle country such as France....

Probaly a thread coming up with pics shortly if i get my internet back!

SERIOUSLY #TING MYSELF RIGHT NOW...

OVER AND OUT....

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Just don't go outside with a tinfoil hat on

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Why did you have to warn him monkeynuts
man I wish I could post a picture right now

Cody

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Ok girls and guys...

I am signing off.... too blummin scarey right now!

Will be back when i can...

Kindest hugs

Rod

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's just arrived here just north of London

It's the apocolypse outside

Cody

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Stay safe Rod

Cody

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by winofiend

I hope a ruddy good party, that would show all god bods wouldn't it

I have a man cat because he kills things, not a day goes by with him bringing me back a gory mess his pupils widen he growls and just eats the crunchy head

I can't own a lion so my jake is the next best thing

Haha
ahh crunchy heads.. reminds me of the first time I drank a bottle of mescal. That worm should not have been crunchy. Oo

Don't mention a party in the rain, we'll have Darth covered in glitter trying to out do Druscilla and it will just be bizarre and sexy and there will never be enough mud to cover up the strangeness...

You did somehow cause it to rain here however, in Aus. It was windy today, then warm, then windy and dark, now pouring.

Hmm, at least it's not cold! It can be the end of the world tonight for all I care, I'm not freezing to death!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I've had enough storms this summer, thanks....

About a week ago, lightning took out a good part of a tree along one of the back pastures:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Weather was like that here every day for two weeks! I didn't think it would ever end, but finally- sunshine! Today is day two of no storms, so I'm hoping the yard dries up enough by this afternoon to finally get to cut the grass- it looks like a jungle out there!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Weather was like that here every day for two weeks! I didn't think it would ever end, but finally- sunshine! Today is day two of no storms, so I'm hoping the yard dries up enough by this afternoon to finally get to cut the grass- it looks like a jungle out there!

And when you have finished could you kindly come over here and cut ours too please?

Mrs R would do it but she is extremely occupied ironing my shirts and then will be cooking the evening meal

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 23-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How often do you get storms like this over there?

I live in Louisiana and I can tell you I've never seen a summer like this one. The hottest it has gotten all month has been around 90 degrees when usually this time of year its always close to 100 with heat indexes well over 100.

I'm not complaining, but it sure is weird.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
coming from the uk i thought i knew what a thunder storm was untill i spent a month in brisbane australia, now that is the place of crazy thunder storms, the second to last night i was there the storm produced over 7,000 lighning strikes in 2 hours

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

count me in!!!!
love camping....and nice views too
that said...got storms flaring up acroos the pond here in good old north eastern pa. in the u.s......think i will get my lightning rod out

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Same her, temp wise. Still damn hot though. A lot more lightning it seems, and a lot more rain (and at night or early too, instead of just afternoon). This strike happened during the day, when the horses were in. When we hear thunder, we bring them in the stables anyhow, for the reason you saw above.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Storms are pretty rare here in the UK. The infrastructure often is the issue, any significant rain, snow, ice, cold, heat etc and general road, rail, school and office closures etc are an issue. The contingency planning needs ramping up, especially given the weather events being more extreme and frequent. Flooding probably is the worst, such a small nation mostly built round river cities with a lot of high ground run off.
edit on 23-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join