It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm British and i'm hoping I will be alive to see the day when the royal family meet their demise,it will happen eventually and they know it,events like this are publicity stunts for good press,it's interesting how much power they have over the media because the general opinion I'm hearing is people want them gone why are these opinions not being broadcast?

The monarchy will end and it can't come soon enough,it could take a year,a decade,a century but it will happen and the people will be the masters of their own destiny,power to the people!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

Yes, because the monarchy really wield so much power in this day and age
. The monarchy isn't a problem, our corrupt to the core politicians are.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've said so many times there is no fairy tale here. Even astrologers and psychics have agreed. This child will have much trouble in its life.

Since Diana and Fergi, the royal men have not known how to pick the right woman to create happier future generations. Indeed these women end up turning on the royals.

They always make poor decisions. So like any family.. expect the drama to come sadly.
edit on 25-7-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Any government in power still rules under the monarchy as they wield ultimate power.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Do you even know the history of out constitutional monarchy? or are you just making it up as you go along?

www.royal.gov.uk...

I really hope you are not from the UK because If so I weep for the future.
edit on 25-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I wish someone could just talk about the royal family in realistic terms as opposed to pink rosey spectacles.

Oh well... Seems no one is interested in the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Realistic terms? and in your previous post you bleat about astrologers and psychics?

At the end of the day the royals are liked in the UK most people respect what they have done and give to the national identity of the uk.
If people actually did a little research into our history and what the queen actually does I think they too would know this is about respect.
TBH the hype of the baby has already died down and everything back to normal so I don't see the problem now.
Oh and please people instead of just reading the title please read the thread you will learn about our Monarchy and what they do, don't just repeat ill informed ideas which are just false.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Maybe you should read that link you posted.

No matter which party is elected the monarchy remains in power,in essence this
is not a legitimate democracy.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No realistic as in. Sees the family as what they are . Rather than this somehow feeling they are better that anyone else.

They are just trying to do a job. I'm not anti royalist. But I have a realistic view of them. The facts.. and not that they are all " angels" just floating around in heaven . Far from..

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Please show me a true democracy in the world.
Democracy is..
Government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
One man/woman one vote that is what we have.
We are close to a true democracy but no country has a true democracy because every person would get a vote on what happens...simply impossable to carry out.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Then I say sorry to you for misunderstanding

I don't think people do think they are better than anyone else, I would bow my head to the Queen because I have respect for her and what she has done for her people.
I show respect to my old folk in the home I work at by calling them SIr and madam because of what they all did during WW2.
If the monarchy starts behaving badly I will be the first to storm the gates like we have done before.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Oh but they believe the " shiney" image. They really think they are a superior product and its simply not the case.

If you had picked some folk from a lower class estate and put them into their position they could do just the same thing " wave and smile" think about it.

The Royals are EXTREMELY privileged. And what they do behind closed doors is anyone's guess. Meaning their private life isn't what we think it to be. And some may not desire to be a monarch but have the weight on their shoulders just like the little royal baby.

My point is WE need to treat them more as normal. Not them having to show us how normal they are when they aren't... they simply are not.

My fave royal is Diana.
edit on 25-7-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I agree.

A fully democratic society is possible but the people in power would rather things stay as they are with them at the top and us propping them up.

We have a degree of freedom in the uk but only within the confines of a large prison ,we will evolve socially in time and move on from the primitive capitalism system just as we evolved out of feudalism.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I agree things will change but we are no where near ready for it yet, I for one want to break down all boarders and instead of being British American etc I want us to be be just earthlings but that is many generations away, something will happen one day and everything will come crumbling down and hopefully we will rebuild as a united people all over the world.
But as it is so far we are darn lucky to be born as British, just look around the world and you can see this, I really think that our history can be a great lesson for the world, what to do and also what not to do.
Capitalism is doomed to fail, will it fail soon? or in many generations? we will see.
Anyhow enjoy your night all

Take care Iam out of this thread seeing all the media hype has died down already

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You are right. As it happens things are better for the best. Unfortunately no one has evolved to the degree that they can think properly. Everyone is just " hoping" for the best as opposed to taking steps to make it better.

That's my view. I for sure don't blame Royalists. I blame the normal person. Actually...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfric
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You are aware that the information which you are quoting is the equivalent to saying "well this author believes this and this is his interpretation of it so I'm going to take his words as fact". I am not criticising yourself, just your methodology of debating. Pretty much ALL nations around that time had a large amount of inequality, America was no different from say Britain where the lower classes lived in poverty.

I stand by my previous statement. Additionally the British had told the settlers not to advance any further into Native American lands which I believe is a fair and moral stance however this was ignored by the settlers preferring genocide and greed. Every country in the world has to pay tax and the colonies were no different, additionally the British were against slavery so all in all I don't think that sounds very tyrannical. Do you?

That article pretty well sums up what I've learned from other sources... but still, its not worth the argument.

You saying all nations had some amount of inequality sums it up too.

There was a conflict, and the Colonials fought out that conflict, establishing their country...

Also, not ALL the Colonials wanted to kill the Indians, only some of them. And the Colonials viewed the land as theirs, that's why they didn't do whatever the King told them. The Colonies worked slavery out of their societies during the Civil War, and America declared independence.

I'm sorry, "tyrannical" may have been too strong of a word.

But the Colonials had every right to rebel against the British.

Can we agree to disagree here?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Nope, I'm not repulsed at all. In fact, I enjoy it all, I guess that makes me part of the sheeple herd.
I am Canadian. I am thankful that my girls have the young Royals as role models, with their philanthropic work, their manners, education and strong sense of duty and honour, and work ethic. There are very few people in the public eye these days that one would look to as a role model for their children that bear these qualities.

Yes, I'd rather see more in the media about real people doing real honest hard work and good instead of the dribble that's out there but if our kids are going to look up to someone, I'd rather it be a Royal than some pop tartlet or even worse, a Kardashian.....

There's a lot of anti-Royal sentiment here. I just wanted to drop a vote for the other side.....

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by meemaw

Actually the behaviour of the Royal family makes them more like rich chavs. There are things we British hear that never make it to the newspapers. They are basically not much different from rappers who have had money for a lot longer.

You talk of education: well for one the Queen has none. The queen was educated by her uneducated nanny. The philanthropy is basically a lie: the young royals are less interested in this and are linked to less charities than the older ones. Also their version of philanthropy is turning up once a year ( if that) for a few hours and therefore taking the credit for all the volunteers work.

Education again William stated that his now wife helpe him at university or he would have failed his first 2 years (Where I am from we call this cheating).

Also as a reply to the person who stated that the Royal family have no power, did they know that the Queen does in fact make desicions in how the country is run but that this fact was illegal to reveal untill recently? That is right she makes decisions: those who knew were not allowed to say this. What other powers does the Queen have that nobody is allowed to reveal?.

I will say that if any family was taken and given the same control over the media that they have and the same organisation behind them: not just a country but the whole commonwealth: I think they would actually come out being potrayed better in the media.

Also where the hell did you get the idea that they have a work ethic??? Royalty by definition do not have a work ethic. They are not who they are because they have worked hard, or because they have ability: they are who they are because they are who they are.
edit on 29-7-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

The philanthropy is basically a lie: the young royals are less interested in this and are linked to less charities than the older ones. Also their version of philanthropy is turning up once a year ( if that) for a few hours and therefore taking the credit for all the volunteers work.

Here is a link to a list of 18 charities and 25 causes that Prince William supports.

Here is a link to the 19 charities and 23 causes that Prince Harry supports.

Here is a link to the a list of the 10 charities and 14 causes that Prince Charles supports.

Catherine spent some time volunteering in Chile before starting university, helping with environmental programs and a community project for disadvantaged children. William had traveled to Chile to help with the same projects a year earlier.

Catherine also supports 5 charities and 15 causes as listed here

Do we even need to talk about the work that Diana for those with AIDS?

How many volunteer hours do you put in each week?

You talk of education: well for one the Queen has none. The queen was educated by her uneducated nanny.

After Queen Elizabeth's father succeeded to the throne in 1936 and she became heir presumptive, she started to study constitutional history and law as preparation for her future role.

She received tuition from her father, as well as sessions with Henry Marten, the Vice-Provost of Eton. She was also instructed in religion by the Archbishop of Canterbury. Source

Education again William stated that his now wife helpe him at university or he would have failed his first 2 years (Where I am from we call this cheating).

As for your claim that William "cheated" through his first 2 years of school because Catharine helped him, my school mates and I "helped" each other by tutoring, study groups, encouraging each other and exchanging class notes to make sure we got everything from the lectures. Where I come from, we call this working hard to make the grades.

Also where the hell did you get the idea that they have a work ethic??? Royalty by definition do not have a work ethic. They are not who they are because they have worked hard, or because they have ability: they are who they are because they are who they are.

No, Royalty be definition don't work like you or I do, but I believe they are committed to their roles and William and Harry, to their military careers. Yes, they party, and if I had their access to clubs, I would be partying too!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The media hype over the new sprog is disgusting. And the fact that the Royal apartment was spruced up at the tax payers expense says it all. Yeah they volunteer with and promote charities, they pretty much have to. Other than attract tourists they don't serve any other useful purpose. At the end of the day all the Royal family succeed in doing is reminding us that they better bred than everyone else.

How can a modern society possibly advance itself under a monarchy?

This new kid on the block has set us back years i'm afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join