It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of/angered by this "royal" baby nonsense?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Short answer; yes.

Long answer; JESUS CHRIST, ARE WE STILL SO PRIMITIVE WE HAVE TO WORSHIP IDOLS?

Its such a basic, primitive belief that anyone's particular bloodline can be "better" than another. And these psychotic folks are the same ones who interbreed and give birth to defective half-dead babies... kinda like the *elite* bloodlines...?

Incest aside, hundreds of others' babies were born the day the royal baby was born. But none of them matter, because they are not royalty.

Its just like seeing "Justin Beiber cuts his hair" on the news.

Do people really absorb this garbage?

You know, there are REAL issues going on, sheeple.

Just saying...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Do what America did ?

And end up like you?

I don't think so.

How can you talk about someone ruling over us etc when your president clearly could not care less about you. As for guns, we don't have guns because we don't need them. We live in a country where we can freely walk around knowing that there is more chance of getting run over than shot. Yes knife crime here is an issue but that is down hugely.

We love our Royal Family because they are a tradition to this great country. They do literally nothing to rule over us anymore, all they do is bring money into our economy. They work extremely hard and are constantly under the spotlight. The reason why this baby has been spoken about so much is because this new member of the royal family solidifies a new modern monarchy.

Will and Kate are seen to be a married couple of the people, not some pompous snobs you seem to have in mind. Kate comes from a working class background. Will is a more modern person.

How dare you ridicule our Royal Family, when your so called leader is looking to dominate the world, listen in YOUR phone calls and have drones fly over you watching you 24/7.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

We absorb this garbage because it gives us a break from the crap that goes on every single day. We are aloud to smile every now and then you know.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
the baby may appear to have a fortunate birth into royalty but he has uranus in the fourth house in aries so his home environment will be felt as disruptive//unsettled. hope he can handle that.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Royalty only has as much power as you people give it.

It's insane though to think how rich they are for absolutely nothing...that money could be better spent like feeding starving people, putting homeless people in homes or education for children.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Pathetic.

The ramblings of sad, bitter people who have to put down the Monarchy OF ANOTHER COUNTRY to satisfy their own, left wing totalitarian sense of "All men are born equal".

I have news for you. All men are not born equal. This is reality. We do not feel the need to resent members of OUR monarchy, which WE installed to reign as our symbolic head of state simply because "Oh, why are they special and I'm not?". We're not childish like that, we glory in the tradition and heritage the monarchy reminds us of. Under a Monarchy we became the most powerful nation on earth for a time and English is spoken throughout the world thanks to our efforts.

This bizarre view you seem to have that "We are mindless sheep worshiping idols" is utter, utter nonsense. This is something that really enrages me. We are not sheep. Just because we don't share your view on the world and it is a popular view doesn't mean we're sheep. Sorry we aren't hipster enough for you, but putting down people who admire and respect something that happens to be admired and respected by many other people doesn't make you a sheep. The British, pro-royalist public are not some formless mass for you to snipe and sneer at.

So no, we (royalists, i.e. most of Britain) don't resent the monarchy. We don't complain that they cost us tax money, because we know they generate more money through tourism than they could ever cost. Not to mention the sense of nation pride and heritage we get from our Royal family.

Also to whoever thought they were being clever by exclaiming "Oh they aren't even British, the last English king was in 1066, do they not get taught history in school?" This laughably ignorant, since 1066 is one of THE most taught subjects in English Primary - Secondary history lessons. We also hold our heads in our hands when someone gesticulates that the current family is from German ancestry, as if this was news to anyone but the most catastrophically ill-informed of our society. So no, we DO know they aren't of English heritage, as if it matters.

So, in conclusion, when shaking your head in confusion at why the British people tolerate someone lording over them (even though it's our elected Prime Minister who does all the reigning, really. HA. As if him being elected means he'll do a better job...), try not to base your argument soley on idealistic principles of equality and questions over the price of supporting them (which we make back easily). Because that's honestly not going to be enough to persuade us to give up our heritage.

Sorry I get a bit hated over this topic, as inevitably the anti-royalists just spout a load of sensationalist liberal ignorance and hate involving "Sheeple" and "I know peoplz who work much harder dan dat y is dey nawt king?" If they talked about it reasonably instead of simply insulting the royals, we'd sit down to debate the matter. I'm by no means someone obsessed with royalty, but nor do I enjoy reading the hateful bile that some people spew out on the matter.

In regards to the media coverage of the newborn, I agree it's too much. Not going to have a major wobbler about it though.

EDIT

Also on the subject of guns, really to us it's bizarre you'd even think of legalising firearms. It utterly baffles our public and more than half of Americans defending this custom are complete nutters, citing the "constitution" as some sort of divine text.

edit on 24-7-2013 by Gregory99 because: minor mistake

edit on 24-7-2013 by Gregory99 because: Thought of more rant xP

edit on 24-7-2013 by Gregory99 because: more minor errors..

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Anyone else find this a little ironic?

We don't worship them, I respect my queen and what she has done for my country, she has served it and served her people.
If people do not have the intelligence to see that the royals are not celebrities and actually do a lot of good for the UK, they should just shut up.
edit on 24-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregory99

Not quoted because of the length of your excellent reposte. Just wanted to say not only do I completely agree with it, but in my mind I could hear it being spoken by Lord Edmond Blackadder the second. Splendid.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You said it in you post Pathetic ramblings, , from the perspective of a non royalist it sounds like self indulgent rambling. You see every thing is a perspective and I respect there are royalists who love the idea of living in a upstairs downstairs hierarchy of blue bloods and slaves.

Not being a royalist to me means standing on my own two feet and making up my own mind and following my own path in life. That means for this thread stating my position Im not a Royalist. You are right not all men are born equal but in this thread we are.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by brace22

We absorb this garbage because it gives us a break from the crap that goes on every single day. We are aloud to smile every now and then you know.

I understand, but...

Absorbing the hype is like opening your mind to indoctrination. Don't you have your own families to be joyful over? To me, ordinary people and their loved ones matter much more than the so-called "royalty..."

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

We don't worship them, I respect my queen and what she has done for my country, she has served it and served her people.
If people do not have the intelligence to see that the royals are not celebrities and actually do a lot of good for the UK, they should just shut up.

I wasn't trying to insult you...

But royalty in your country doesn't hold a lot of power. Not saying they haven't helped with some things, but some people over there seem to have the same blind support of the royal family that folks over here have with Obama or Justin Beiber.

I think ordinary people who work for a living earn more respect than those who are put on a pedestal from the cradle. Just saying... some people seem like they're deemed "more important" than others in the world, based on prestige, wealth, and a particular bloodline.

One of the many problems with humanity.

edit on 24-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Except the modern Monarchy doesn't dictate anything you do, not impeding your ability to stand on your own two feet. And be that as it may, those type don't typify us all, any more than an extremist communist anti-royalist typifies that group.

For clarification my grievance was with those posters insulting and belittling those who don't subscribe to their point of view, not with non-royalists in general. I apologise if anyone thought I was insulting them, I was just expressing my frustration at the knee-jerk reactions belittling anyone who is pro-monarchy.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Gregory99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

But my queen does work, last year she had 430 public engagements, she doesn't have a single day off apart from illness.
She can't retire and she is 87 she is doing great.
Like someone said every country has an image and she helps with our image, she is the poster woman for the UK.
Look at when she was very young, thrust into the queenship refusing to leave the UK when advised she wanted to stay with her people.
If I made a thread slagging off your american constitution I would get roasted, not that I would seeing it is partly based on common law and on Magna Carta (came into being in 15 June 1215). So why have a pop at something that goes back 1000 years and is part of our history and tradition.

I look after people in their 80's and 90's and they understand because they have respect.
People earn respect and she has earnt her nations respect.
Believe me If she just lorded it up spending money left right and center we would have got rid...we have done it before and will do it again. But at thsi time they are doing alright.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I wasn't trying to insult you...

But royalty in your country doesn't hold a lot of power. Not saying they haven't helped with some things, but some people over there seem to have the same blind support of the royal family that folks over here have with Obama or Justin Beiber.

I think ordinary people who work for a living earn more respect than those who are put on a pedestal from the cradle. Just saying... some people seem like they're deemed "more important" than others in the world, based on prestige, wealth, and a particular bloodline.

One of the many problems with humanity.

edit on 24-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

That is though, just your opinion. You do know I assume that Prince William is enlisted in the RAF and is a fully trained helicopter pilot who works in the search and rescue arm and is currently taking his two weeks paternity leave, right?

I think a lot of the posters in this thread are suffering the equivalent of penis envy, I suppose. As it's an economic fact that the Royal family actually brings in more income to the UK than it actually costs for the public purse I can't think why people get so worked up about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Pathetic.

The ramblings of sad, bitter people who have to put down the Monarchy OF ANOTHER COUNTRY to satisfy their own, left wing totalitarian sense of "All men are born equal".

The fact that you feel the need to bitterly shoot down our belief system in the first sentence really speaks to your cognitive ability to remain objective.

I have news for you. All men are not born equal. This is reality.

Says who? Who do you think you are?

So some people are simply better than others?

"Oh, why are they special and I'm not?"

Its not the issue of "special." Its an issue of "importance."

When celebs, popular politicians, or royalties die, people grovel and cry about it.

When others die, no one cares.

Its a crooked view of who's important and who's not, and its unfair.

We're not childish like that, we glory in the tradition and heritage the monarchy reminds us of. Under a Monarchy we became the most powerful nation on earth for a time and English is spoken throughout the world thanks to our efforts.

You don't know much about America, do you?

You guys didn't spread the English language around the world all by yourselves, buddy.

And I doubt that you in particular did anything for these efforts.

Another mistake nationalists often make... taking credit for the efforts of their country, not themselves.

This bizarre view you seem to have that "We are mindless sheep worshiping idols" is utter, utter nonsense.

Really? Then what's with the dramatic retaliation?

I never once implied that it was only "you lot" who were worshiping idols.

Americans are just as guilty of this. Obama and Justin Beiber? Hello??

Humans are guilty of this. Not one particular nation or another.

Sorry we aren't hipster enough for you, but putting down people who admire and respect something that happens to be admired and respected by many other people doesn't make you a sheep.

Hipster. That's creative.

So no, we (royalists, i.e. most of Britain) don't resent the monarchy. We don't complain that they cost us tax money, because we know they generate more money through tourism than they could ever cost. Not to mention the sense of nation pride and heritage we get from our Royal family.

Since when has nationalistic pride ever resulted in anything positive?

I can understand defending your country, if your freedoms are in trouble...

But when you start using the word "pride," you tread into dangerous territory. People overcome with pride for their home country are favorable of war against other countries, and war is never good.

the anti-royalists just spout a load of sensationalist liberal ignorance and hate involving "Sheeple" and "I know peoplz who work much harder dan dat y is dey nawt king?"

Saying that some folks work harder than the king, yet never get recognition for it, is not ignorant.

It is fact.

I'm not gonna claim responsibility for whoever else you're quoting, but I never said that...

that's honestly not going to be enough to persuade us to give up our heritage.

No one's asking you to give up your heritage.

Just don't get obsessed with media hype.

Again, people all over the world do this.

Also on the subject of guns, really to us it's bizarre you'd even think of legalising firearms. It utterly baffles our public and more than half of Americans defending this custom are complete nutters, citing the "constitution" as some sort of divine text.

This is where you cross the line from "proud" to "utterly brainwashed."

We could just as easily say that your bend over and take it attitude is ridiculous.

That you're all nutters for embracing your own enslavement.

The Constitution is a divine text, its the last document on earth that holds any kind of true liberty for the people left on the planet, and its getting torn apart every day by our attention-grabbing brainwash puppets.

I don't care how many stars I don't get because this thread is flooded with you folks, I find it hypocritical and pathetic that you bitch and whine about your beliefs being challenged while you relentlessly bash ours.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

In life, we all have a sense of what is right and wrong. A feeling shall we say. I just feel deep down, that Royalty is wrong. It makes no sense to me, it seems to be from a bygone era, no longer fit for a modern democracy, with the principle of one man one vote. Not one man or woman taking the role of head of state by virtue of birth right. It just doesn't make any sense.

This is what makes me a republican not a communist. I want more democracy, you want less.

edit on 24-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I can't understand why the American news media is celebrating the way they are, I mean, who the hell cares? I made the mistake of flipping through the channels over the last 3 months because I had back surgery and my mind was spinning any time that I watched CNN, HLN, and FOX. Who these crooks think they're fooling? I watched how they tried to incite tensions between blacks and whites with the Trayvon Martin case. Nancy Disgrace is a loon job. Bill O'Reilly is a liberal in conservative clothing. Sean Hannity jumps in front of the Tea Party and starts screaming how Israel is our friend and a bunch of other zio crap.

It's disgusting what TV has turned into. I agree about the whole royalty thing. How does that mentality still survive? They wouldn't be anything without the peoples money. Parasites, just like in the U.S.. They can only be where they are by leeching off the sheep. And we let'em do it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't really like the Royals as it is now, but i would prefer if our country was ran by a single King like it was back in the old days rather than a bunch of annonymous bankers, at least back then we knew who was running the place and we could have his head if he pissed off too many people!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

People who work hard can get recognized for it over here. Its called the honors list.
If anyone does outstanding work in their field or for charity or for their local community they can get honoured.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad
I don't really like the Royals as it is now, but i would prefer if our country was ran by a single King like it was back in the old days rather than a bunch of annonymous bankers, at least back then we knew who was running the place and we could have his head if he pissed off too many people!

wtf? do you know how they did things back then?

if you criticised the king it was you that lost your head.
back then you knew who was taxing all your money, didnt mean you could do anything about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join