It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama & The Race Problem (Video)!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm not the biggest Bill O'Reilly fan running around out there, but I will say that this particular "talking points" coming from Bill is quite compelling.

PLEASE watch the WHOLE video before you comment. I also know how easy it is to go off topic with Bill, so if we could please focus on the thread, it would be greatly appreciated..

Bill O'Reilly opened his show Monday night by examining President Obama's Friday afternoon speech on race and the Trayvon Martin case. O'Reilly began by saying Obama was "correct in addressing the race issue" but then proceeded to hammer the president for failing to address the "real" problems facing the African-American community

Your thoughts...?

Oh, and one more thing.....PLEASE try to be good boys and girls...

edit on 22-7-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Yeah, what he said.....

I'd give O'Reilly a S&F for that if I could.

For once, he is spot on.
You could feel the passion in his voice.
He acted like he cares more than our leaders do.

And it has got nothing to do with white people.
That is their own mess that they have got their selves in.

Until people accept the responsibility for their own actions, nothing will change.
**fighting/drugs/stealing/guns**
All above will get you in trouble, regardless of skin color.
And to not go to school, well I just don't get that.

S&F

ETA: And a lot of people don't marry so they can get child support plus the baby daddy makes some money.

edit on 22-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

People don’t want to look at the truth. And as soon as someone mentions that truth, well, you know, YOU must be a racist !
!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
reply to post by snarky412

People don’t want to look at the truth. And as soon as someone mentions that truth, well, you know, YOU must be a racist !
!

I bet he stirred the hornets nest.

The talking heads will be buzzing tomorrow.

O'Reilly, you sure hit a home run on this one.

He was correct on every point and yet, not condescending.
He actually feels strongly about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Is this the same Bill? Holy crap that was spot-on!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

A scene from the movie Belly. This one hit me. Resonates well; should and can apply to all people, of all colors, of all religions and even those without.
(contains some adult language)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Wow...am I dreaming or did O'Reilly just educate me with a wise, intelligent, truthful rant that actually moved me? I really didn't see that coming!

I also believe in giving credit where credit is due and O'Reilly certainly does deserve credit here. He isn't just right, he's spot on. It's hard to get ahead in this world when you start off at rock bottom. Some make it and become giants. Others, most, go nowhere. Most of us grow from our roots. If we're raised to be good, honest and hard working, that's usually what we become. If we're raised to be deceitful, selfish and ruthless, that's usually what we become. And if we're raised to feel like we're nothing and aren't going anywhere...nowhere is where we tend to go. Parents and media both play roles in this, as O'Reilly makes clear. Now that Black leaders have won rights and freedoms, maybe it is time that they begin looking at the problems within their own culture. And maybe, all of us should take a good, hard look at our media and question that too.

How are today's children being raised (of any color) and what futures are being suggested for them?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The video only played about halfway through before "an error occurred".
Can't really comment much on that, but this video I saw today brings out certain aspects not mentioned much before, as far as I know...especially about the skittles and the tea!

Hope posting this isn't too far off topic, if the thread was only meant to be about what was on the O'Reilly show.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Yeah, that concoction is known as purple drank/ lean/ sizzup.
They use either jolly ranchers or skittles for the flavor.
Yuck.....

edit on 23-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Well ole Bill towed the Fox Line that Martin was not killed because of Racism.

No sir.

He was killed however , because he fit into a Group that has a 10 times higher occurrence of Crimes.

A Black group.

Bill, thats Racism.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, it is maybe one in a thousand time I can stand listening to Billyboy and even agree with some of his points. This is one of those rare times. I guess the old saying a broken clock is right two times a day do apply. Well more like twice a year for him

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Well ole Bill towed the Fox Line that Martin was not killed because of Racism..

Um .. no. Bill stated exactly what Martins birth parents said at the very beginning and all through the trial .. this isn't about race. Bill stated exactly what Martins step mother said all through this ... this isn't about race. Bill stated exactly what the FBI investigation conclusion was ... this wasn't about race. Bill stated exactly what Zimmerman said ... Zimmerman who dated a black woman in high school (taking her to the prom) and who tutored black children for free ... that this isn't about race.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
HA ... excellent. "When you hear someone say that we need to have a national conversation on race .. prepare for a sea of bloviating'. (paraphrase). Man .. thats the truth.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I never thought I would say this, but Bill O'Reilly is spot on.

He's right. If you say anything even remotely critical of blacks then you are demonized as a racist. Even on the great ATS where "deny ignorance" is the motto. I said exactly what Bill just said in a post on another thread and it was removed for Extreme TC violation.

So I suspect that Bill will be the new "bad whitey" for everyone to get mad at.

I would like to post something that has been said by Mr. Bill Cosby that also rings true.

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Martin was dressed like a thug and walking around the neighborhood looking inside houses. He was killed because he attacked an armed man. Not because he was black.

And you do know that ol Zimmy is not a white fella, right?

I guess the hispanics hate black folks too?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think O'reilly was spot on except for the long mandatory sentences for drug sellers. Our prisons are spilling over as we speak and I don't think putting more people in there would be beneficial.

And for the record, I still don't like the guy.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Please try to run the video again..........and stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Martin was dressed like a thug and walking around the neighborhood looking inside houses. He was killed because he attacked an armed man. Not because he was black.

And you do know that ol Zimmy is not a white fella, right?

I guess the hispanics hate black folks too?

Actually - Hispanics are CAUCASIAN meaning they are WHITE - The left liberal (commie) press has made Hispanics into non-whites.

There are three main racial groups - CAUCASIAN - MONGOLOID - NEGROID

Some say ..............Caucasoid - Mongoloid - Negroid - with 'Australoid' being a relatively modern characterization that creates a 4th group.

I think its an invention, but perhaps a necessary one - WIKI -

The Australoid race is a broad racial classification. The concept originated with a typological method of racial classification.[1][2][3] They were described as having dark skin with wavy hair, in the case of the Veddoid race from Sri Lanka and other parts of South Asia (including the eponymous Vedda people autochthonous to Sri Lanka) and Aboriginal Australians, or hair ranging from straight to kinky in the case of Papuan, Melanesian and Negrito groups.

According to this model of classification, Australoid peoples ranged throughout Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Guinea, Melanesia, Andaman Islands and India. In the mid-twentieth century, a separate argument emerged that Australoids were linked to Proto-Caucasoids.

In the Out of Africa theory, the ancestors of the Australoids, the Proto-Australoids, are thought to have been the first branch off from the Proto-Capoids to migrate from Africa about 60,000 BCE, migrating along the now submerged continental shelf of the northern shore of the Indian Ocean and reaching Australia about 50,000 BCE. This ostensible Proto-Australoid–Proto-Capoid link, however, has been contested.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Having watched the video several times, and on TV and reading through the postings the following can be stated:

The whole problem with society, and one must wonder when it started to devolve to this state, is the lack of responsiblity. There is an astounding lack of personal responsiblity in this country for our actions on a whole. You see it every day, the news papers are filled with it, even on this board, there are postings about it in all shapes and sizes, as we sit here and debate, and discuss on such.

People don't want to stand up and take responsibility for their action, they don't want to take the responsibility for what happens in their life, and then they complain about how unfair life is. Reality is that if you look at most of the government laws that have come around here in the past few years, and the problems that are coming up, chances are it goes back to some action or group of actions where some one got hurt or injured or sick, and then a mass complaint was made. Yet no one took a look at the cause of such, no one said wait a minute, you did these actions and now you are complaining about the outcome?

Bill O'Reilly is correct, you can not fix the present or move into the future if you live in the past and complain about things that did not affect a person. The past is gone, its done, leave it in the past, but for every step forward, three steps are taken back.

People cry when they feel there is an injustice, and it is their right, but ultimately they cry at the end effect, not at the root causes of such. Tragedies happen, yet no one looks at why they happen. It is more convient to blame some one, finding scapegoats.

There is a point to where people can only take so much, and be willing to give, before the solution starts to become the problem. We are now starting to see that point come up, where the very solutions that were put into place so long ago, are now causing problems for the rest.

Bill is correct in his assessment of this and the talking points, that the blame game has to stop, if people want change, it starts in the home and with taking responsiblity for actions. Leaving it to the government to solve, only creates more problems for the whole.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysistrata

OK, so just to clarify, Hispanics are really white people that are just brown colored on the outside and the only reason they are different than white people is because the communists say they are. And Australians are a different race altogether because wikipedia says so. Thanks for clearing that up.

Next time you see a hispanic guy call him a gringo and see what he says.

That kool aid must be yummy.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join