It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUD's New 'Fair Housing' Rule Establishes Diversity Data for Every Neighborhood in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here's another hot one right from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

The HUD Secretary is Shaun Donovan.

He has announced a brand new plan for all citizens to cheer.

The Story

To ensure that "every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of," HUD has published a new fair-housing regulation intended to give people access to better neighborhoods than the ones they currently live in.

The goal is to help communities understand "fair housing barriers" and "establish clear goals" for "improving integrated living patterns and overcoming historic patterns of segregation."

“This proposed rule represents a 21st century approach to fair housing, a step forward to ensuring that every American is able to choose to live in a community they feel proud of – where they have a fair shot at reaching their full potential in life,” said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan.

I kinda thought they had this all 'mapped out' already ?

Mr. Donovan goes on and on about investment and opportunity.

It's a long winded litany of dreams and promises.

“For the first time ever," Donovan added, "HUD will provide data for every neighborhood in the country, detailing the access African American, Latino, Asian, and other communities have to local assets, including schools, jobs, transportation, and other important neighborhood resources that can play a role in helping people move into the middle class."

If all these 'opportunities' will become real, don't people need regular full time jobs first ?

No mention of anything permanent however.

Obviously, this is a Vote Trolling operation at taxpayer expense.

They have no intentions of making anything better for anybody...

Except the cronies of course. The average citizen gets chicken feed.

Who Gets Rich off of this Brainstorm ?

The Story

edit on Jul-22-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I can see it now someone one making 25k a year be living in a 400k dollar home.

That is their idea of fair housing.

It is wealth redistribution that kills real estate values, and the revenue local government's collect via property tax.

Who gets rich?

Don't think anyone except people getting a house they know they can't afford without a government subsidy.

Which means if there is an X number of people in a neighborhood, and it has too many of a certain color X gets kicked out to have room made for Y.

Basically affirmative action for homes.
edit on 22-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Opportunity might be seen by starting with cleaning out his own house. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (The name rings like Military Intelligence in my ears.. lol) is one of the larger black holes of waste, fraud and general burning of money because it's around to burn of any non Defense/Security agency I know in the Federal Government.

I think less Government help and far more helping themselves to improve would help the whole nation and even world! After all, we little people in our little homes they pity us about or something, don't blow a trillion or two over budget every year or print more like an old Doritos commercial.

* They could stop talking about screwing with the Mortgage tax credit though ..and help some of us actually KEEP our homes a bit longer. That'd be real benevolent of them.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

[...]

“For the first time ever," Donovan added, "HUD will provide data for every neighborhood in the country, detailing the access African American, Latino, Asian, and other communities have to local assets, including schools, jobs, transportation, and other important neighborhood resources that can play a role in helping people move into the middle class."

The only problem I see with this is that, at the rate we're going, the middle class will have been completely wiped out in the next 6 months. I don't think anyone will be moving into the middle class, except possibly the current upper-middle-class.

But—you know—gotta get out there and peddle that American Dream....

edit on 7/22/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, are the wealthy going to give up a quarter acre lot in their front yard and build a 900 square foot house that 12 mexicans can live in, and attend their "schools", and - yes- be able to join their country club?

With the proverbial "tax credits" they are allowed?
edit on 22-7-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's our demented government's plan to keep driving an economic wedge deeper and deeper into the middle class, in their sociopathic attempt to establish two classes in America -- the dark lords and the groveling peons.

Don't worry everything is fine, but ...

Give a man a handout and he will eat for a day, teach a man to think for himself and he will eat for a lifetime.

F.T.G.

edit on 23-7-2013 by seasoul because: Reason? .... I don't need no stinkin' reason!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The Government has absolutely no right to any more of our money, period, end of story with a full stop on the dime. The Interest Deduction is a major thing to those who use it and some want it wiped out because it represents 'lost revenue'. They actually have the nerve to call us keeping OUR own money, THEIR lost revenue. Oh how reality has turned in some ways.

HUD though, is part of that giant sucking sound we can hear off in the direction of D.C, requiring them to hunt for more "lost revenue", currently 'lost' in OUR pocket. It's getting a bit old to hear about new programs, new collection and centralization efforts and new ways to spend money ....when the people out here in the nation just need it to STOP so the nation, not the Government for a change, can experience meaningful growth and movement.

edit on 22-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: added embedded link

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

First, this is not being rude...just trying to help. That was such an uncalled for comment.

That said...following your train of thought...that I can follow

So, are the wealthy going to give up a quarter acre lot in their front yard and attend their "schools", and - yes- be able to join their country club?

From the way I understood this. Someone working making $25,000 will be allowed to move in to the $450,000 house with the government's help and will be right next door. Am I misunderstanding?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Under the Fair Housing Act, HUD requires grantees, such as cities, that receive federal housing funds to "affirmatively further fair housing."

So basically its a way of outlawing "white flight".

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Your "understanding" is that they are going to give $450,000 houses away to people that make $25,000 a year?

I make $50,000 - Yeah! I get a million dollar home - with a swimming pool, and the gov't and the bank can't kick me out of it, just because I can't pay?

I win! I win! I win!

I love this gov't crap! /sarcasm.

Why doesn't the gov't just let me keep my measly $50,000 a year and stop taxing me?
edit on 22-7-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Man, youre just on top of things huh.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I totally agree. I got so mad when they swooped in and helped lower payments for all of these people that bought a house and then couldn't afford it. I bought a house I could afford and set it to fixed payments, planning for the future. I hope not to start another argument because I know even today people are losing their house due to the economy and jobs......others are losing the houses because they bought a house they couldn't afford because the banks let them.

Back on topic.....If someone wants to move into a $$$whatever house, I think they should work for it. I started in a stinky 3 room apartment and have advanced to where I am now through hard work. That to me is the American Dream. But today everyone wants it handed to them. I expect it to get much much worse.
edit on 7/23/1313 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/23/1313 by Martin75 because: fixing my great spelling

top topics

join