It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID this plane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

But hey, it's all the military's fault that we don't get along right? They exist, therefore they're what's driving a wedge between everyone.

Something like that. Disagreements and even fights are no big deal...

Invading country after country justified with lies, waging aggressive war thousands of miles from home. You don't think that the rest of the world isn't ramping up their defensive posture to fend us off? In WWII, the world formed an ally base to go after the countries that were doing just that. How is this situation any different?

Before you pull religion out of the hat again, just look at the wars, started by whom and waged in which countries.

Don't even look at that list. Let me guess. The US is in there (almost) every time.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

They mix right in with commercial flights. In fact in a number of cases they fly slightly lower than commercial flights.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes, because the military makes all the decisions right? They just suddenly say one day, "I don't like this country, let's go invade." Oh wait, they're supposed to NOT do what they're ordered to do, so that we can all get along.

You're delusional if you think that no military = world peace suddenly. As long as people need resources, and countries want money for resources there is going to be conflict. No military just means that people will find a new way to fight. But if you want to live in that world, have at it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The military is in the process of switching all their aircraft to ADS-B transponders. You'll be able to track their flights just like any other flight once they do. The only time they'll switch off the ADS-B is for exercises, flights over MORs, and real world situations. During Libya an E-3 was the first military flight to be tracked with an ADS-B transponder.

Hey zaph .. Sorry I've pulled this quote off the previous page ? So soon on my flightradar24 app ill soon see the odd military craft. Also if the aircraft isn't on exercise, or flying over MORs or not being used in real life situations what else would they be doing?

Aaaaand what are MORs lol
edit on 24-7-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I think he meant MOA. Not sure though.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

And MOAs are ? Sorry you must feel like you are replying to a child. I thought I knew a bit about aviation until I joined this site and started reading yours and Zaphs posts lol

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Military Operations Area. It's a chunk of land owned by the military that they use for bombing ranges, or air to air combat training, etc.
edit on 7/24/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I did. I was tired when I typed that, and didn't double check myself.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks a lot zaph and boom .. More knowledge wedged into my gold fish sized brain

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

But if you want to live in that world, have at it.

I can't. Warmongers live in it too. I'll just duck out of the way when it starts and let them kill each other off.

ETYA: They can die believing that they saved the world, but really all they are doing is helping destroy it.
edit on 24-7-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Of course, because anyone who serves, works with those who serve, and sees realistically how the world works must be a warmonger right? It's the only possible reason, because enlightened people like you know we could all just get along if we get rid of the military.It's all their fault we don't cm because humanity is at heart just so peaceful and is trying so hard to get along.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

"Compared to war, all other endeavors of man shrink to insignificance." --George Patton

You're supposed to turn the other cheek.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

So if your neighbor attacks you one day, and steals your car because it's nicer than his, you're just going to turn the other cheek and let him? You won't even try to defend yourself?

On a bigger scale, let's say Russia decides they wasn't Alaska back, we should just say, "well it was yours before, so sure you can have it back" and walk away?

Talk about a fantasy world...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Before you pull religion out of the hat again, just look at the wars, started by whom and waged in which countries.

Don't even look at that list. Let me guess. The US is in there (almost) every time.

You should look at the list, as your view of the United States' major role in wars may be a bit incomplete. You are forgetting some lovely periods in human history:

Wars of German Unification
Napoleonic Wars
Hundred Years' War
Spanish Conquest of Central America
The Crusades (the third is my favorite... Inspired by religion, but ultimately driven by financial and political forces)
Conquests by various empires, including the Romans, the Greeks, the Persians, the Byzantines, the Ottomans, the Huns, the Mongols, the Babylonians, Carthage, the Vikings, the various Arabic states, et al.

The United States' participation in hostile conquest has been relatively tame in comparison to some of these dedicated war machines.

I suggest you look up and see the wider horizon.

You might want to take a vacation to Libya or Syria. It may be quite shocking how far away peace can be on our Pale Blue Dot when there is a man with a gun, and he wants something you have.

The assumption that all people are inherently good and loving to all is very comforting, and utterly false. To have a society where this is true is both Utopia and a pipe dream. There will always be a subset of people who would rather take a faster, violent route to material or emotional gains. Nations and states, being made up of people, may take a similar route. If you want to maintain peace where attitudes like that exist, then you need to exert control over them. Both the carrot and the stick are necessary: without a carrot, you rest your peace on fear, and without a stick you rest it on good intentions. If you attempt to eradicate war and its machines then you are attempting to exert control over aggressive tendencies by pretending they aren't there. Somehow that just doesn't seem like a solution that will work out for you in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join