It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Releases Images of Earth by Distant Spacecraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

One can see other points of light in the first pic but not so in the others
because of the close-up view.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Looking like UFOs to me.
Perhaps they encounter the same electrical universe forces as UFOs.
Perhaps there are more EU details that have been removed from the
NASA Releases.

ED: I am wondering where all the galaxy stars went.
edit on 7/22/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

Earth is very very bright compared with the much more distant stars - a longer exposure would have shown more stars, but would have made the Earth seem like a bright white flared spot.
edit on 22-7-2013 by onebigmonkey because: grandma

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The distant planets in hi-res pics, like this one, always look like digital art, not photos to me. Like the planet being solid black with a sliver of color on the outside edge. The rings look fake to me. The light on the bottom of the picture as if light is permeating from a horizon.

The distance shown between earth and moon from that distance is also a bit shocking, you'd think that from that distance, we'd appear a bit closer together.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
yep ..

and still can't get high res color pics from mars ..

awesome ..

edit on 22-7-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

Cassini images are 1024x1024, hardly high-res either.

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
The light on the bottom of the picture as if light is permeating from a horizon.

That light is one of Saturn's outer rings. It's very faint and diffuse. en.wikipedia.org...

~ ~ ~

This NASA's image is stunning, of course. I love how they enhanced it to show the faint outer rings.

Here's my version of the image, stacked directly from raw images at saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Full-size: www.pictureshack.us...

You can find my other versions of the image at www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-7-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
wow that's cool. snf

I blew the last one from the link up and took a screen shot

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Proceed to zoom out from the surface of the Earth, until the Earth is but a pixel on your screen.

Zoom even further out until the Sun is but a pixel on your screen and Earth no longer visible.

Zoom out until the Milky Way Galaxy is the size of a coin on your screen and the sun invisible as it blends into the billions of other suns the make up the body of the Milky Way.

Zoom even further out until you are looking at the neighborhood of Galaxies that make up a "Galaxy Cluster".

Zoom even further out until that Galaxy Cluster now joins into a larger structure of Galaxy Clusters called "Super Clusters".

Zoom even further out until the entire Universe looks like a never ending filament of Super Clusters of Galaxies that looks like a sponge or a giant cosmic web all bound together by Dark Matter.

At this point and at this scale, the Earth is smaller than a subatomic particle and theoretically doesn't even exist.

You, right now, have a greater understanding and appreciation of what the big picture really is, the nature of reality and your place in it than any other human being who has ever lived on the planet Earth.
Assimilate this realization into your everyday life and you will shine like the Sun.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
NASA : " OOOH look everyone, there's the Earth, that distant dot, isn't it pretty?, that's our home that is. What? I'm sorry, what was your question about UFO's buzzing around the Planet we call home? I beg your pardon, what was that about editing photographs?, Oh you don't need to worry about them, look at this pretty blue dot we're showing you instead".

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
NASA : " OOOH look everyone, there's the Earth, that distant dot, isn't it pretty?, that's our home that is. What? I'm sorry, what was your question about UFO's buzzing around the Planet we call home? I beg your pardon, what was that about editing photographs?, Oh you don't need to worry about them, look at this pretty blue dot we're showing you instead".

suspicious? Science does overwhelm some folks, no biggie. Go start your own thread. Include photos of all those aliens and UFOS...We have a forum just for that.
And please don't take a wiz on this nice one, that appreciates the abilities of humankind. Capiche?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Cool pics, but I think I now feel some planet envy developing.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
I beg your pardon, what was that about editing photographs?

Your sarcasm is misplaced, as the photos featured in this thread are a product of editing. Raw images are rarely presentable to the public (yet still available). NASA stack images to make colour composites, or assemble them into mosaics and panoramas. Either way, there is editing involved, such as adjusting saturation/brightness/contrast, aligning the images with each other, getting rid of digital noise and cosmic particle traces, and other techniques to make a nice-looking image presentable to the public.

But yeah, if science scares and overwhelms you, go back to prattling on about UFOs and aliens.
edit on 23-7-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Earth on left, Moon on right

That's no moon!

Thank you. I'll be here all week...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Beautiful pictures.

It brings a question to my mind though...

If Saturn is so big compared to earth,
then why doesn't Saturn appear bigger in the nights sky?

The tiny blue dot is still visible as a planet really from the pic,
and small compared to the size of Saturn.

Atmospheric interference?
The pictures of the earth from saturn weren't taken using the human eye.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Isnt it strange how large the moon looks compared to the Earth? I suppose that that the moon is closer to Saturn in its cycle.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Clearly there is no life on that thing

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by ionwind

To think that every living thing that ever lived (that we know about) came from that little dot..is a little absurd

Corrected

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Beautiful pictures.

It brings a question to my mind though...

If Saturn is so big compared to earth,
then why doesn't Saturn appear bigger in the nights sky?

The tiny blue dot is still visible as a planet really from the pic,
and small compared to the size of Saturn.

Atmospheric interference?

Because its very far, you can barely see its rings with telescope. And this picture doesn't show what you would see with your own eyes from Saturn. I bet its impossible to see Earth from Saturn.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

I think Carl Sagan would have loved these images.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
How small and insignificant we are, yet we carry on like we're gods.

Hmph.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Why is Saturn black might be a dumb ?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

Give us some credit though, we've managed to not only pollute our planet and low earth orbit, but we're actively sending trash out beyond the solar system. That's pretty grand, something crafted by human hands and technology is out there, drifting, possibly forever.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join