It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT?? MSNBC host Ed Schultz blames Republican policies for bankrupting Detroit.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just how stupid does MSNBC consider it's fan base to be? Ed Schultz on Sunday said the Republicans and their policies are to blame for bankrupting Detroit.

NEWSFLASH Schultzie... Democrats have had control of the city of Detroit for FIFTY-ONE YEARS. What Detroit shows is that the Liberal Progressive utopian dream is a fiscal disaster.

"Michigan used to be a symbol of industrial strength in manufacturing in this country. But thanks to a lot of Republican policies, the city is now filing for bankruptcy," he claimed.

"Make no mistake, Detroit is exactly what the Republicans want," he added. "They outsourced manufacturing jobs, attack unions, cut public services, and this is the result. Now they can wipe the slate clean because now they can start privatizing city assets."

Article

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Detroit is the perfect example of the Democrat Utopia they are turning the country into. It's what "Running out of other peoples money" looks like.

The state-run White House mouthpiece MSNBC must turn itself inside out to deflect from this fact, but how?

Simply shout "Republicans did it!" Lather, rinse, repeat. Like they leftists do.

The advantage of being fact-free leftists is, the only ones who will callenge you are Racist, Bigoted, Extremist RWNJ's...

In other words, fascism at its purest will preserve The Current Truth as it always does.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just another comment from someone with a partisan point of view.

It was both Republican and Democratic policies and mindsets that caused the trouble in Detroit...and can be seen rising in other areas as well.

On one side you had a party that pushed for manufacturing to be moved to the place it cost least to conduct business (exporting manufacturing to foreign countries), and on the other you had a party that pushed the unions too the extreme(outrageous pay/benefits for workers) and made it impossible to conduct business in a competitive way.

So either side can place blame on the other, but both are just as responsible.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Michigan used to be a symbol of industrial strength in manufacturing in this country. But thanks to a lot of Republican policies, the city is now filing for bankruptcy," he claimed.

Come people!

Don't you all know by now that the Democrats are the party of can't do anything wrong, and never do anything wrong, and it is always the Republicans 'fault'.

Same Democratic policies are what is bankrupting this country as well the state exists only to pay people for doing absolutely nothing.

The state exists to strangle business, and regulated them evil doers out of existence who are always keeping the 'good ' people down.

As Thatcher said sooner or later you run out of other peoples money Detroit is proof, This country is proof, because when you have more takers than producers?

The current state of the union exists, and Schultz has no one to blame,but he and his party, of the, ' I want it all, I want it now, and they sure don't give a constitutional crap how'.

Schultz and Co worship at the alter of statolatry which is why Detroit and this country is doomed once of the party of 'ask not what your country can do for you' but to 'What can my government give me,'.

Schutlz stuff it.
edit on 22-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
All of Ed's info came from Roger and Me no doubt.

Its not the partys fault for creating a hostile environment and burning through mountains of cash. Its the evil businessman's fault for not happily putting up with it.

The rapist didnt ruin the date. The victim clawing and screaming did.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

That just goes to show how utterly low-information the average MSNBC fan is. They are doubling down on the near certain likely hood that people won't research and see that the Democrats have run that city with little to no opposition for five consecutive decades. What's worse is that the same has happened with Democrat super-majorities in Chicago and Los Angeles. Chicago is also 18 billion in the red and LA is 30 billion in the red.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmm....... who was the Republican who signed NAFTA into law, let's string his elephant neck up!!!!! Who's with me????

Who signed NAFTA?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It was both Republican and Democratic policies and mindsets that caused the trouble in Detroit...and can be seen rising in other areas as well.

No it wasn't. The Republicans haven't been in charge in Detroit since 1962.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Hmmmmmmm....... who was the Republican who signed NAFTA into law, let's string his elephant neck up!!!!! Who's with me????

Who signed NAFTA?

George Bush was a Progressive. A big-government, big spending, massive centralized federal government Republican. He surely was no Conservative.

Hello...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

NEWSFLASH Schultzie... Democrats have had control of the city of Detroit for FIFTY-ONE YEARS. What Detroit shows is that the Liberal Progressive utopian dream is a fiscal disaster.

You are aware that REPUBLICAN Govenor Rick Snyder effectively took control of Detroit? He chose and appointed Kevyn Orr as the cities Manager to avoid bankruptcy?

Michigan Governor Rick Snyder appointed Kevyn Orr as emergency manager to oversee Detroit financial operations on March 14, 2013 under Public Act 72. On January 24, 2013 Snyder had signed a revised version of a controversial emergency manager law that was rejected by voters during the November election.[15] The new law, Public Act 436, takes effect on March 28, 2013 and gives the Detroit emergency manager extraordinary control over all Detroit financial matters,[16] and the ability to recommend to the governor and state treasurer that the government enter Chapter 9 bankruptcy.[17][18]

Orr began his expected 18-month term as emergency manager on March 25, 2013.[19]

At Orr's recommendation and with the approval of Governor Snyder, the city of Detroit filed for bankruptcy on July 18, 2013

en.wikipedia.org...

So GOP Govenor Rick Snyder siezed control of Detroits finances 8 months ago, despite the voters rejecting the idea, under the heading he was going to save them from bankruptcy...and then declares bankruptcy...this after cutting city services, busting the unions, scalping earned pensions...There is a case to be made that while Detroit was certainly in the ER, the Republican Govenor fought his way into the room and pulled the plug.

Bankruptcy affords the Govenor limitless opportunity to push his agenda...starting with tossing out all pension obligations to retired auto workers.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

pavil brought up NAFTA which is the real culprit behind the de-industrialization of America and the fall of places like Detroit.

Yes, Clinton signed it and Detroit was controlled by Democrats, but the bill was opposed by the majority of Democrats and easily favored by the Republicans.

All I'm saying is that to flat-out blame the Democrats is disingenuous and does nothing to garner a discussion about the real causes...and solutions.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Think about it though, who gave these people the positions of power they hold? Yes that's right, the American public, the same way we can take it away but for some reason have chose not to. As long as you're living in a society or city where everyone's hands out saying gimme gimme gimme, they'll vote whoever promises to give them more of other peoples money.

Don't worry, what you'll soon realize is that America is the next Detroit, that's the plan. No one here is educated enough or care enough to want to take it back, seriously we're all doomed... I would like to have faith in my fellow man, but since I've seen and listened to people on the internet. I have lost that hope a long time ago....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? Democrats have been in charge of detriot since the 60's. There is no way you could blame republicans for that.

Liberal policies have placed America $16 trillion in debt and bankrupted Detroit.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Redden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This simply isn't true.

Extreme leftist policies bankrupted Detroit. It had nothing to do with the Republicans.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

All I'm saying is that to flat-out blame the Democrats is disingenuous and does nothing to garner a discussion about the real causes...and solutions.

Then that would make Schultz's comments 'disingenuous'.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, his comments are just as partisan and irrelevant. I tried to convey the point that both his comments about Republicans and the OP's comments about Democrats, are both false.

The truth lies in the middle.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
To be any sort of success (I realize calling MSNBC a "success" is stretching it) you have to know your audience and there are only two types of people watching that drivel... the type that are looking to see what kind of sheer idiocy is being spouted by morons like Shultz and Maddow and the ones that can sit down and digest tripe like Kobayashi with a tray of Nathan's Hot Dogs...

At least Kobayashi has the decency to not puke it up all over everyone he comes in contact with...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
ooops!! something bad happened?
here comes the fingers..
he who points the most fingers wins!
so fricken sad.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

Yes, his comments are just as partisan and irrelevant. I tried to convey the point that both his comments about Republicans and the OP's comments about Democrats, are both false.

The truth lies in the middle.

Agreed. Ed Schulz and those on the other side of the political talk circuit frequently like to state that they are trying to "enlighten" people on the other side of the aisle. In actuality, they make statements that actually appeal to those on their side of the aisle while utilizing derogatory terms for the "other party" that really isn't going to "enlighten" anybody whose political ideology is on that other side. Kind of works counter to any "enlightening" and just works to be provocative and divisive. I honestly don't think that what ails Detroit has anything to do with a specific political party or any single thing. Most real world problems are complex. It just suits political commentators to make them seem like there is just one thing to blame.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

pavil brought up NAFTA which is the real culprit behind the de-industrialization of America and the fall of places like Detroit.

Yes, Clinton signed it and Detroit was controlled by Democrats, but the bill was opposed by the majority of Democrats and easily favored by the Republicans.

Unions destroyed the auto industry. The more they demanded from the automakers the more they had to raise their prices to maintain an already single digit profit margin. And they put themselves out of the market. You also have to factor in the shrinking tax base from people migrating out of Detroit metro area due to high taxes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join