It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear President (an open letter)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Over the last year we as a nation divided ourselves over racial inequality based solely on lies propagated by the media and inflammatory comments made by you. Whether intentionally or not you have categorized all non-black Americans as racist if they believed that trayvon martin had any responsibility in his own demise. Even after a jury that had been exposed to the entire race baiting that was pushed through the media found the defendant not guilty by reason of self-defense you still felt the need to make a comment that was neither appropriate nor needed. I have taken it upon myself to disprove your comments as nothing is more damaging to public opinion than to be proven a liar.

“if I had a son he would look like trayvon” No Mr. President he would not look like trayvon incase you forgot your mother was white and unlike your black father she did not abandon you. You see Mr. President your upbringing was white you were taught to work hard and excel in your endeavors. That white woman is what made you who and what you are. Trayvon martin had two black parents who could only pawn him off on one another instead of teaching him and guiding him towards a fruitful life. I know you wish to be part of the black community but trayvon could never have been your son because in upbringing and mental state you are a white man.

“Trayvon could have been me 35 years ago” Once again Mr. President you speak falsely I doubt at 17 your mother would allow you to roam free after being suspended for drugs and tagging school property. I doubt your mother would have been so oblivious to your absence that it would take almost 12 hours of you not coming home to notice you missing. I severely doubt your mother would be so self-involved she would of missed the signs that her son was dosing himself with codeine and actively seeking illegal drugs. And lastly Mr. President I doubt your mother would trademark your name and likeness so soon after you died as I doubt money would of even mattered to her after losing a son she so loved.

Now you wish to continue this farce and have this man subjected to a DOJ inquiry to see if he violated Trayvon martin’s civil rights when in all reality Mr. Martin showed racial prejudice in his actions by testimony not only from the prosecution’s star witness but a close friend of his. He attacked that “creepy ass cracker” for observing him while he acted in a suspicious manner in a neighborhood plagued by crime. Had Zimmerman told some one that he was following a “Suspicious ass 'n-word'” There would be little doubt the jury would have seen this as a racially motivated incident.

We all know that a 17 year old is capable of killing or severely harming a person and that the government you are the head of regularly tries and sentences them as adults. Even the drone program you yourself signed off on kills “terrorists” who are still in the womb. Is this action acceptable because they are the wrong shade of brown or because they pose a threat which life may be lost if they are not subdued. What about all the crimes since you have been in office where black people attacked whites just for being white? Why no speech about how your mother was white and we just want our children to grow up safe and live without fear of being shot, robbed, raped, car jacked and called racist if we don’t like the culture as its portrayed.

Ill will leave you with this one white mans perspective Mr. President. White people are racist but not based on the color of your skin but the culture that has become attached to it. We did not superglue the thug lifestyle to black skin we didn’t even come up with it, your own people did. Many of the black folk I grew up with are dead or in jail for the same mentality and cultural upbringing trayvon martin was exhibiting that night. Most of them lost parents or relatives to the drug and thug lifestyle and I have witnessed this cycle from beginning to end in a once very dear friend of mine. The real reason that young man died is simple Mr. Obama the culture and the lack of guidance from his parents. Had your mother been black then maybe you would have been trayvon martin 35 years ago but you would not be the president now.

(No Proper Upbringing NO PEACE)

P.S Call me racist I do not care. But a problem will never be fixed if you keep finding other problems to blame it on instead of finding the source.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

This letter is kind of racist itself. You imply that black parents don't teach their kids to work hard and excel. Seems like you fell for the racist card too. It doesn't matter what color your parents are believe it or not.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Scratches his head. Sips his coffee.

Rereads it again.

Hmmmmm...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Seems to me like he's trying to blame black people for everything that's wrong with the country today.

Pretty hypocritical when looking at the context of the letter.

Blames Obama for racism, goes on to blame black people and question their upbringing because of skin color. Good job jack.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Very well written but, if I may...

Speaking for myself, I would address more than a single issue.

Here and now, our America has seen its industrial plant leave for foreign shores... causing the mass extinction of what used to be revered as the 'middle class'. The result is that our nation has loss billions in revenue both from those industries and those hated taxes from income. The result from that is a nation that is basically broke and living on borrowed bucks...

Martin/Zimmerman is important but the WHOLE country is in dire condition.

Many people have questioned whether the globalist agenda is something we should have embraced.

From the presidency of Bush 1, through Clinton and Bush 2 and now Obama, this draining of a once proud and industrious nation has taken a helluva a toll.

We are ALL dying.

Of course, no one from either party will even address this subject... and who could blame them? A nation destroyed isn't something you want to be connected with.

So...

Dear Mr. President,

We do NOT want to be part of the globalist agenda. We want our jobs back. We want a president who has a vision for tomorrow that does NOT involves seeing America owned.

Okee dokee, I am done

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Wow! In my city I see more Blacks and Hispanics than I do white people. And yet, I know more white trash drunkin' druggin' abusive parents than any other race.

Here is something that I haven't seen anyone pick up on yet. I read the transcript of Zimmerman's phone chat with the police. Zimmerman said, "He (T.M.) looks like he's up to no good."

I have to tell you that if I were on the phone with the police in this situation I'd be backing up this statement with something like, "This guy is looking in cars, scouting out houses with no lights on, or checking out a kid's bike on someone's front lawn." Who wouldn't say something like this to the police if these things were happening?

So, if Trayvon wasn't looking in cars, wasn't checking out houses or bikes, then what was he doing that made him look like he was up to no good? Standing there? Walking?

Though I still don't think this was a race issue (but, more of a man feeling powerful because he had a gun his pocket) something definitely stinks about the whole thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

We have had pleasant and useful conversations in the past, and I expect to continue to do so. I even agree with you here to the extent that the first sentence of the OP may have been a bit overly dramatic.

Over the last year we as a nation divided ourselves over racial inequality based solely on lies propagated by the media and inflammatory comments made by you.
But as opening sentences are designed to grab attention, I was willing to give the OP a little leeway.

But surely his main contention is found here:

Ill will leave you with this one white mans perspective Mr. President. White people are racist but not based on the color of your skin but the culture that has become attached to it. We did not superglue the thug lifestyle to black skin we didn’t even come up with it, your own people did. Many of the black folk I grew up with are dead or in jail for the same mentality and cultural upbringing trayvon martin was exhibiting that night. Most of them lost parents or relatives to the drug and thug lifestyle and I have witnessed this cycle from beginning to end in a once very dear friend of mine. The real reason that young man died is simple Mr. Obama the culture and the lack of guidance from his parents. Had your mother been black then maybe you would have been trayvon martin 35 years ago but you would not be the president now.

(No Proper Upbringing NO PEACE)

P.S Call me racist I do not care. But a problem will never be fixed if you keep finding other problems to blame it on instead of finding the source.
Please consider these comments in a little more kindly light than you did at first.

Seems to me like he's trying to blame black people for everything that's wrong with the country today.
Surely not. First, he's speaking only of race relations and no other problem. Second, he's clear that his objection is to behavior and not skin color. We object to the behavior of the Klan, Muslim Terrorists, Skinheads, and Westboro, not to their race or religion.

Blames Obama for racism, goes on to blame black people and question their upbringing because of skin color.
You are consistent, applause for that. But he's really not talking about skin color, but behavior. And while I don't recall the entire OP, I had the impression that he wasn't accusing Obama of racism, but of inflaming any racism which might exist.

Nor does he seem to be saying that black people are unable to raise children properly. I would be surprised if you didn't agree that many Black children are not being raised properly, isn't that pretty much a given? Large numbers of single parents and out-of-wedlock births, youth crime, low scholastic achievement, high drug use. You can point to all of those things which are rampant in the Black population without saying it's because they're Black.

You imply that black parents don't teach their kids to work hard and excel.
I think that's an implication you might have created. Assume for a minute that Black parents are teaching their kids to work hard and excel. Why aren't they? Musn't we admit that, at least in many areas, that lesson doesn't seem to be sinking in?

It doesn't matter what color your parents are believe it or not.
Let's brush past the obvious observation that what color your parents are determines what color you are, and it seems you think that is important. If Black parents and White parents are the same, and they're both teaching their kids to work hard and excel, why don't Black youth seem to excel in school or life? Is there some difference between Black and White youth? After all, the color doesn't matter, and the lessons are the same (if Black parents are teaching their children to work hard and excel).

And if you claim that all Black failure is due to White racism, I don't see what there is to talk about. You are claiming, thereby, that Blacks are still slaves to the past and the attitudes and opinions of others. I can't accept that yet.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Had your mother been black then maybe you would have been trayvon martin 35 years ago but you would not be the president now.

What does this say about black people in general?

Basically he's saying that if your parents are black, you will never excel and that you will be like Trayvon Martin, who he describes as a drug addict hoodlum no-good low life in his OP. He implies that Obama is president --ONLY-- because he is half white, and if both his parents were black, he wouldn't be president.

I think it's pretty clear where his head is at.
edit on 22-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You know my current Best Friend is Half black, just like obama...

Funny though, its his White dad that skipped out on her, leaving her a single mother. She was a school teacher and did her best with her son, who is now an Architect.

Guess I got to tell him his up bring was screwed up because it was his mom that should of left him not the white dude...

ETA: BTW not to pimp out my own threads but Political action in action How bout you grow a pair and send the letter to the white house, if your so concerned.

Tired of seeing "open letters" and no one does jack with them but vent on a forum.
edit on 22-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
your speculation of my intent is incorrect. Im pointing out that trayvon martin as well as the black community at large suffers from a culture created and instilled during the last generation. )ne that lends itself to focusing on materialistic things and low family structure. Obama became who he is due to his one white parent and her mother. nothing but DNA came from his dad. the fact his parents have cashed in on his likeness and name plus other lawsuits they filed before the verdict only reinforces that the break down in black families is the true culprit behind these tragedy and the real cause behind this perceived racism. but by definition that i am realizing that there is a negative attribute that correlates with skin color does make me a racist.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

but by definition that i am realizing that there is a negative attribute that correlates with skin color does make me a racist.

Actually it does, because in doing so you choose to ignore the problems with many white families and only focus on the problems with black ones.

Ever heard of "white trash"? I guess their situation has nothing to do with their skin color though, does it? So why is the opposite true for black families?

There are plenty of successful black people who were raised by black parents, but I'm sure you'll give credit for their success to white people in some way.

edit on 22-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

I agree with you half way. (Which certainly must be considered a start.) I don't know what the OP means by "you would not be the president now." I've got three or four possibilities in mind. Perhaps you should ask him what he meant.

Had your mother been black then maybe you would have been trayvon martin 35 years ago
Remember that Obama calls Chicago home. Since the OP says "maybe," I can agree with him that there is a chance that Obama, who was involved with drugs, might have ended up shot on a Chicago street. Thousands have.

Basically he's saying that if your parents are black, you will never excel and that you will be like Trayvon Martin, who he describes as a drug addict hoodlum no-good low life in his OP.
Is it safe to say that if your parents are Black it is more likely that you will not excel? I think I can accept that. But can't excel? I don't believe it, and I don't know what the OP believes. The following individuals come to mind immediately: Dr. Ben Carson, COL Allen West, Justice Clarence Thomas, Mr. Walter Williams, Mr. Thomas Sowell, all people I have huge respect for.

I think it's pretty clear where his head is at.
Think as you will, but my limited experience tells me that I don't often have a clear understanding of what's in a person's words, let alone mind or heart. Again, may I suggest asking him?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

There are plenty of successful black people who were raised by black parents, but I'm sure you'll give credit for their success to white people in some way.

It was a black doctor, Dr.Sheldon, that helped save my husband's life when he had a heart attack a few years ago.
He was the doctor working in the ER when we came in, treated my honey as much as he could,and kept us calm until the helicopter came to take him to the Heart Hospital.

So smart people come in all colors.

As do uneducated people.

I'd give that doctor a big hug if I could right now!!!
I'll never forget him.

[On a side note: It was a Middle Eastern doctor that put the stents in my husband. So like I said, smart people come in ALL colors!!]

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Put it on his teleprompter and he might read it.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse ruling in favor.

Majority rules

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This letter is full of stereotype. It is racist and I am sorry that you think people of skin color should act in a certain way.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostingmiranda

I think everyone should act in a certain way, not just those of a certain hue. Obtain some education, don't commit crimes, be polite and respectful, try for two parents per family, look for work, etc.

But perhaps I misunderstood.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It doesn't matter what color your parents are believe it or not.

It does if you are a racist!

top topics

join