It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Royal baby: Kate gives birth to boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Breaking - Royal baby: Kate gives birth to boy

www.bbc.co.uk

The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby boy, Kensington Palace has announced.

The baby was delivered at 16:24 BST at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, west London, weighing 8lb 6oz.

The palace said in a statement that the duchess and the baby were "doing well" and would stay in hospital overnight.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, and I'm personally not 100% about the concept of Monarchy in this day and age - but hey, Britain has a brand new 3rd heir to the throne! That's not something that comes around very often.

Politics aside, congrats to the happy couple and welcome to the little man.

Question is, did the Duchess squeeze him out - or was he hatched in London Zoo's reptile house?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Because births dont happen every day!

As a British woman, i would to show my dismay for them putting a news bulletin the middle of coronation street - Unacceptable.

Good for the royals. Another mouth to feed!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Warning, unabashed flag waving and general horn blowing will follow:

Three of the heartiest cheers for William, Kate, and thier son!

I am over joyed at the news of this birth, bloody overwhelmed actually! Personally speaking I wish all the happiness in the world to both the brand new arrival, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and the entire family. I hope that all the troubles which assailed Charles and Diana, and indeed William and Harry, are prevented from nipping at the heels of this new sub division of the Royal Family.

In closing, may God watch over Kate, William, and thier baby boy.

And as always, God save the Queen!

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Congratulations to everyone else who gave birth today.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am not British, but this is something that is a very important day for people that cares about the Monarchy, I was watching closely for the announcement, after all I was a fan of the royal wedding, I am very happy for the young royal couple.

I imagine this is a great day for them.

Kind of a big baby for Kate that was so thin.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

somebody else who is going to be raised to believe that he is not only more worthy than everybody else but entitled to receive the power that comes with being able to believe this about yourself in a world where we actually believe this generally about both ourselves and each other.

nah. sorry to all of you so called princesses and princes out there. your illusion (like everybody else's) is about to flipity flop. as the ego is just about any minute now going to lose it's power collectively.

why would anybody celebrate this? only a world full of fools.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't understand why the US main stream media news channels are having wall to wall coverage of this baby being born. There are more important things to be talking about .. not a 'royal baby' from another country ...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

Well, I suppose that depends on what veiw you take. Yes, the Queen had the best of everything as a child, but that did not stop her driving ambulances around London, during heavy bombing raids by the Nazis, dodging craters and detonations, risking her arse to get people you seem to assume she had no regard for, out of danger.

Princes Harry and William have had traumas just like anyone else, the death of thier mother, and previous to that the strained relationship between thier parents in dark times. They may have grown up with access to the finest clothes, the best food, and footmen and Christ alone knows what else, but they both get stuck into thier various professional roles, William as a life saver, and Harry has taken on fighting roles in Afghanistan, both as a front line fighter, and an Apache helicopter operator.

They risk thier arses, variously, to save lives and defend our nation, a nation full of people with whom many people falsely believe they have no kinship, and for whom you falsely believe they have no respect. These people were bought up to spend thier entire lives about the business of monarchy, in front of a camera, virtually unable to live a normal life, unable to move without being followed by security teams, unable to take a dump without someone looking at it periodically to ensure that they are not being slowly fed toxins...

You walk a mile in even the comfort and oppulence of thier footwear, and come back and tell me you havent had a change of mind.

There is no difference between any one of them, and any one of us, bar the money and the responsibility, save of course, that for every one of us, striving to live within our means, looking out for ourselves and our families and our friends and our towns, these people have weight upon thier shoulders, of expectations, of attention, of scrutiny, that you and I cannot, could never even nearly concieve of. True enough, they do not want for a crust of bread to feed thier bellies, as you or I might. But as able as they are to nourish themselves and house themselves without even the merest difficulty, the oppertunities they have to be truely free, as free as I have been?

I wouldnt trade my life, poor as it has been, for five minuites of any one of thiers. And that is why I love that family.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

For some reason we Americans are fascinated with the British. I, personally, love the history and traditions of the Monarchy.

America is a young country compared to England. We don't have many of the traditions steeped so deep with history. That's the part of it I love.

I agree, though, there are more important issues in the world. But our MSM lives vicariously through the Royal Family.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You honestly believe the Queen was actually driving a truck during airraids? She joined the women's auxillary service and there are plenty of nice photos of her training. Of course the Royals had to appear to be doing something useful at the time, it's called public relations.

I just can't understand being so excited over the birth of a strangers baby. The difference between them and us is that we will never have the choice to 'walk in their shoes'. They also have the freedom to stand down from their position but they never will. Also what are the real chances of this baby ever being king? By the time Liz Charles and Will have had their go, attitudes to the monarchy may be very different.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS???
Are you kidding me, this is world breaking over the top superduper mega news.
I am so happy for them and the world. Go Go whoever you are.
Up to the next one

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It just doesn't matter and I'm absolutely staggered at the amount of pro-monarchists on ATS. I can't see any more obvious an illustration of injustice in the world, and for the UK to consider itself a leading nation with this anachronism - not just still present, but so popular - seems ridiculous.

The fawning press and population has the distinct feeling of cult-like behaviour to me. Truly bizarre for such an irrelevant event.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
And in other news approximately 11,000 children were born in the US today with little to no fanfare because they weren't born to super special parents. No wonder this world is so screwed up, when people the world over have elevated useless people to a such a level of importance that when they give birth to another useless person it is world news. The only quality any of these people have is they have convinced the masses somehow they are deserving of any attention at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

I was hoping for a girl and to be the spitting image of her grandmother Dianna

Love and harmony
Whateva

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join